Washington vs Michigan, CFP Championship -- Jan. 8th ESPN 6:30p CT

LTtxfan

29 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

One of Sark’s flaws is patience. DeBoer said as much after the Alamo bowl. Running as opposed to a quick strike when your QB isn’t riding on a heater. That is one of his flaws. No matter. We will be back next year damnit! We will be back. 

Agree.  I'm all in on Sark.  But, yes, he has a few flaws.  He gets too cute at times.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Wow. Who knee Washington was weak against the run.

I am shocked. 

Being weak against Michigan's run game doesn't necessarily mean "weak against the run."

Washington's defense was one of the worst in the nation against the pass.  Most coaches are gonna attack that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Sark would’ve thrown a pass there

Definitely a lesson to be learned by Sark watching what Michigan is doing offensively so far...  Michigan run game is solid though.  

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I think our strength stopping the run would have matched up way better than our shitty secondary matching up with Washington. 

True but this team looks stout and in key areas they are better than Texas. 

This is what Texas should have done pound the rock, they can’t stop the run.  Not over yet but if they can’t stop you, keep pounding it.   It would have been a much different game with JB. IMG_2157.thumb.jpeg.cffa3424ccc6da1be55fdb5ec2376162.jpeg

Edited by Real Papi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

They really do look like they blew their wad last week in the worst way. But we also knew that Washington’s rush defense is dogshit. Just frustrating that we did not exploit it. And when we did, our two freshmen fumbled twice. 

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

We didn't lose to Washington because Sark didn't run enough.  We lost because our D couldn't stop them.

Michigan has made Penix look ordinary...we made him look like Tom Brady.

Yes, Michigan is running the ball, but they are scoring quickly which was the argument against Sark not running it enough

Yes , running the ball is good for keeping the ball out of the other teams hands. 

Also water is wet, and stoops gobbles bags of dicks.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

The first half before the fumbles is when we failed to run enough.  Ewers started 5/16, and we were gashing them with the run.  Most of our rushing yards were in the 1st half, since the 2nd half we barely had the ball for a while because of the fumbles and then had to throw because we were behind.  I obviously don't fault the calls to throw in the second half once we were down, but not running more in the 1st half was very frustrating at the time (and more so now).

And as much as everyone wants to say it's an issue of matchups, I think the truth is that Washington just isn't as good or talented top to bottom as Michigan.  We didn't play our A game, and that's disappointing because we had a favorable draw for a playoff opponent all things considered.  I guess Cincinnati or Michigan State from years prior would have been more favorable, but that wasn't like playing a top notch Georgia or Alabama (or this year's Michigan even).  Not playing our A game against Michigan doesn't end up with us still having a chance to win on the final play.

This times a million but the surly fart sniffers can't figure this out

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

The first half before the fumbles is when we failed to run enough.  Ewers started 5/16, and we were gashing them with the run.  Most of our rushing yards were in the 1st half, since the 2nd half we barely had the ball for a while because of the fumbles and then had to throw because we were behind.  I obviously don't fault the calls to throw in the second half once we were down, but not running more in the 1st half was very frustrating at the time (and more so now).

And as much as everyone wants to say it's an issue of matchups, I think the truth is that Washington just isn't as good or talented top to bottom as Michigan.  We didn't play our A game, and that's disappointing because we had a favorable draw for a playoff opponent all things considered.  I guess Cincinnati or Michigan State from years prior would have been more favorable, but that Washington team wasn't like playing a top notch Georgia or Alabama (or this year's Michigan even).  Not playing our A game against Michigan doesn't end up with us still having a chance to win on the final play.

the continuation of running RPO's into tipped/blocked balls was infuriating.

Our line is likely not nearly as good a Michigan's but was still good enough.

Just now, WBT said:

A bit better than 28 for 180

Michigan woulda run ok on Texas - enough to make it a good game. Their defense mighta stuffed us though making it a Michigan by 10+ given how they are playing tonight. 

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Being weak against Michigan's run game doesn't necessarily mean "weak against the run."

Washington's defense was one of the worst in the nation against the pass.  Most coaches are gonna attack that.

Don't question my college football coaching prowess.

I'll school anyone on NCAA 2005

Edited by MissingInAction

Where’s all the asshats that said the big ten was trash, UM’s defense was a sham propped up by outdated big ten offenses, and the PAC schools are going to dominate the conference?

• Hook 'Em 1