Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire

BurntOrange&White

I posted this in the other saban thread now locked … kinda crazy (1 day ago)…

I had a dream I was part of the negotiation team for conference expansion and while I don’t know who was at the table there were about 12-16 or so and I was one off the head of the table next to Nick saban who was at the head. He didn’t say much, neither did I. Not sure if I was Texas’ lawyer or what, but there was this rock music playing and it was clearly annoying both of us. It was bad enough that both of us became completely disinterested in further expansion with whomever the knuckle heads were that were hosting the meeting. I turned to Nick and said something about it and he nodded his head. Then I leaned over and said look, with the amount of eyeballs we command together, we don’t need this nonsense, he agreed. I said then let’s stop it, he nodded yes and I woke up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

dude, the Bama hire is gonna happen  probably before the end of MLK day.  its not an offseason negotiation, its literally a RIGHT FUCKING NOW negotiation

If his agent has half a fucking brain, he should have already called CDC and said Bama just offered $10M plus the buyout ammount to come coach them, but since the buyout would count as taxable income for Sark, he would settle for $8.25M this coming year and a guaranteed +250K more every additional year he coaches here

I'm pretty sure Sark's contract was already gonna be in that neighborhood before Saban bailed. A lot of guys will get raises, and Sarks contract will reflect that fact. The dominos falling on this one will be amusing, at least until eventually one school hires from the NFL or cfb assistant pool.

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

72 hours is not a lot of time. Anyone got a flightaware link for flights from Eugene to Tuscaloosa?

A Ufub fan posted it on twitter yes Eugene to Tuscaloosa today.

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

Supposedly Saban had his regular staff meeting with his coaches yesterday to start 2024 prep. Nothing about this. Hoping it’s not a sudden health issue from him or his wife. At least he’ll have that AFLAC.

hr had a zoom with reporters this am. All hr talked about was 2024. Guy has a hell of a poker face 

7 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

72 hours is not a lot of time. Anyone got a flightaware link for flights from Eugene to Tuscaloosa?

dabo can drive in 

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Who the hell wants to follow Saban at 'bama.  Hellz no.  

Fine, I'll do it. If Mike Leach can go from attorney (to at least law school) to coaching, it can't be that hard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, troph said:

I had a dream I was part of the negotiation team for conference expansion and while I don’t know who was at the table there were about 12-16 or so and I was one off the head of the table next to Nick saban who was at the head. He didn’t say much, neither did I. Not sure if I was Texas’ lawyer or what, but there was this rock music playing and it was clearly annoying both of us. It was bad enough that both of us became completely disinterested in further expansion with whomever the knuckle heads were that were hosting the meeting. I turned to Nick and said something about it and he nodded his head. Then I leaned over and said look, with the amount of eyeballs we command together, we don’t need this nonsense, he agreed. I said then let’s stop it, he nodded yes and I woke up. 

tldrbadger.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

NSIAP:

Just hours after it was known that Nick Saban was retiring as Alabama's head coach, five-star wide receiver Ryan Williams told ESPN on Wednesday that he has decommitted from the Crimson Tide's 2024 recruiting class.

Williams is the No. 9 overall prospect -- and the No. 3 receiver -- in the ESPN 300 rankings. A player out of Saraland, Alabama, Williams had been committed to the Crimson Tide since October, and he was caught off guard by the news of Saban retiring.

"Texas has always been one of my favorites because of [Steve] Sarkisian and his offense and they're a big contender, one of the teams that beat Alabama," Williams said. "They're definitely one of the schools at the top of the list for me. Of course, Texas A&M with my receivers coach from Alabama going there, and then Auburn."

That win in September has paid dividends already (CFP, recruiting, Aggy Tears, etc.)

Flying Sci-Fi GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

Since Saban is retiring, Bama doesn't have a buyout for coach leaving like aggy's $76mill for Jimbo. 😋

So Lanning and DeBoer higher buyouts are not a problem for Bama to pay.  Norvell is likely on their short list too...

Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, JGrayDBU said:

doesn't it have to be Dabo, at least in the top 5?

They’re not morons.  Dabo don’t play portal.  He’s basically made himself irrelevant.  

edit:  they’re definitely morons but you catch my drift.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

56 minutes ago, troph said:

The music was the Aggy War Hymn wasn’t it….

1 minute ago, Horn Dog said:

The music was the Aggy War Hymn wasn’t it….

Nah man it was some blend of an 80s hair band and hall and Oates. It was bad. Saban was totally checked out though, didn’t say anything. That’s why I find it so interesting. If I could have a dream interpreter I might be Nostradamus. 

• immamac changed the title to Nick Saban Retirement + Alabama Corch Search Megathread - Deals with Satan Do Expire