Bill Belichick no longer coaching in new england

BurntOrange&White

27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I guess that’s why he went 15-17 in the NFL, right? 

eye roll

I'm not including his stint as a HC in the NFL in the comparison, just like I'm not including Belichick's failure as a HC at the Cleveland Browns

Saban and Belichick are both good coaches. 

Saban did extraordinary well at LSU & Alabama because both schools had a talent advantage (due to bag game) that Saban didn't have at MSU or NFL

Belichick did extraordinary well at Patriots because he had a talent advantage at QB (due to luck) that Belichick didn't have at Browns or Post-Brady Patriots. 

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

New England will have to get a GM and a head coach; Bill has run everything for 24 years. I hope Caserio is happy in Houston and wants to see where his current project goes.

Conversely, would Bill go someplace without a GM title?

This is Caserio’s response to the New England rumors. He is not going anywhere with Demeco and Stroud leading the way.

The with and without Brady stat is nuts. Brady winning a ring immediately with TB is also telling. Bill should have retired when Brady left. It sure looks like the success was Brady’s, not Bill’s. Phil Jackson only coached with extraordinary players as far as I recall so it’s hard to ever dispute his greatness. As far as I can tell Belichek isn’t that special of a coach.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

The with and without Brady stat is nuts. Brady winning a ring immediately with TB is also telling. Bill should have retired when Brady left. It sure looks like the success was Brady’s, not Bill’s. Phil Jackson only coached with extraordinary players as far as I recall so it’s hard to ever dispute his greatness. As far as I can tell Belichek isn’t that special of a coach.

This is dumb. Belichick is the best defensive mind in NFL history. He was a wizard with his game plans. 

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

This is dumb. Belichick is the best defensive mind in NFL history. He was a wizard with his game plans. 

So what does that make the mouth breather Eli Manning? A sorcerer? I got nothing against Belichek, but his record without Brady, I didn’t realize it was that bad. Even if you take away his stint with hopeless Cleveland, the stat is crazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

Where’s the evidence that Belichick is a uniquely good coach? Brady left and he’s done absolutely nothing without him.

This is what I’m struggling with, I hadn’t really even thought of it until I saw that stat.

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

He also won 10 games when Brady got hurt in the 2nd game of the year 15 years ago.

With a team that went undefeated the previous season and had Randy Moss (a dude who made a career of making bad quarterbacks look capable), but missed the playoffs, lost the division to a Dolphins' team running the wildcat, and only won 3 games against teams with winning records.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Feels like we're living in a 30 for 30 episode.

Fathead has accomplished more sans Rodgers than Belichick has sans Brady. Just saying.

The SBs are even.  Are we celebrating going 12-5?   I’m not. 

Edited by slorch

3 12 win seasons in a row? Something that hasnt happened in Dallas since you know who was around? I dont think mccarthy is the best coach ever or anything but i just dont get how fans think that he's a complete tard. If he was skinny or in shape like Dan Campbell would people think that? People sure are giving Campbell a big pass for some really dumb coaching decisions.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

3 12 win seasons in a row? Something that hasnt happened in Dallas since you know who was around? I dont think mccarthy is the best coach ever or anything but i just dont get how fans think that he's a complete tard. If he was skinny or in shape like Dan Campbell would people think that? People sure are giving Campbell a big pass for some really dumb coaching decisions.

For me it’s his clock management. Every goddamned close game he does everything in his power to blow it, been super lucky so far this season. He also can’t adjust which is why two key losses this year have been blowouts. If we come out cold offensively in any playoff game we’re toast. It’ll be over because it won’t get better.

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

eye roll

I'm not including his stint as a HC in the NFL in the comparison, just like I'm not including Belichick's failure as a HC at the Cleveland Browns

Saban and Belichick are both good coaches. 

Saban did extraordinary well at LSU & Alabama because both schools had a talent advantage (due to bag game) that Saban didn't have at MSU or NFL

Belichick did extraordinary well at Patriots because he had a talent advantage at QB (due to luck) that Belichick didn't have at Browns or Post-Brady Patriots. 

Belichick would have done better in Cleveland if he would have had Tom Brady. 

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

He’s good coach. 
Not great.

You’ve seen the best he can do… which is still better than most.

The cowboys have a window. 
A better coach gets them over the hump.

i think that’s the rub.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

He’s good coach. 
Not great.

You’ve seen the best he can do… which is still better than most.

The cowboys have a window. 
A better coach gets them over the hump.

i think that’s the rub.

Exact same record as John Harbaugh. Like, identical. Yet when Harbaugh exits in the wild card round with an MVP as his QB....crickets.

Mike Mccarthy is unfortunate that he coached GB and now Dallas and a lot of games for these teams are high profile nationally televised games in prime time spots. Every decision gets monday morning quarterbacked and second guessed way more than any other coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Exact same record as John Harbaugh. Like, identical. Yet when Harbaugh exits in the wild card round with an MVP as his QB....crickets.

Mike Mccarthy is unfortunate that he coached GB and now Dallas and a lot of games for these teams are high profile nationally televised games in prime time spots. Every decision gets monday morning quarterbacked and second guessed way more than any other coach.

12 win seasons, 3X in a row.

1 WC playoff win. That’s his fucking body of work.

Yeah!  So fucking juiced.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

12 win seasons, 3X in a row.

1 WC playoff win.

Yeah!  So fucking juiced.

I don't give a shit. Super bowl or bust to me. I have a Ricky Bobby attitude about the Cowboys. If you're not first you're last. I give no shits about being the first loser or making it to the NFC title game and patting ourselves on the back.

This is the year where it finally sets up well for them. Homefield for 2 games. That's what the Eagles had last year.

Edited by Pam Cummings

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Khaki pants isn’t a great NFL coach in my book.

At least not yet. Maybe he has changed after his Michigan stint