Texas (+4.5) @ OU- 6pm on ESPN

shadow_operative

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We have the talent. It’s coaching and sacking the fuck up 

Nope. When we don't turn the ball over we can score on anyone in this league. The only reason OU had a lead at any point tonight was the lazy passing in the middle of the 1st half that lead to a 10-0 run.

Like I've been saying this is a final four team.......these last two wins just make me shake my head at the UCF and WVU games.  But I guess WVU did beat Kansas too.  Is it possible for the entire Big 12 to make the tournament?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Wow

I thought we were about to fall off the rails after that horns down fiasco from Terry then we go and play some of our best overall ball of the season for 5th straight at Norman. 

Good shit. 

Nice defensive effort and rebounding as a team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Weaver!!

RT finding his safe space with a 2 man offensive focus with Max and Disu(see Carr and Timmy with Beard vs RT last season). 

Everyone else seems to have accepted they are role players and starting to thrive. 

Schedule will tell us if it is real or not. 

Best 5

Max

Disu

Hunter

Mitchell

Weaver

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Weaver!!

RT finding his safe space with a 2 man offensive focus with Max and Disu(see Carr and Timmy with Beard vs RT last season). 

Everyone else seems to have accepted they are role players and starting to thrive. 

Schedule will tell us if it is real or not. 

Best 5

Max

Disu

Hunter

Mitchell

Weaver

I don't think Hunter is bought into being a role player, yet. He disappears for long stretches when he doesn't have the ball.

44 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Some website says we have the 67th rated strength of schedule but I call BS on that

image.png.2c7dbbd5a1c48ed24301ae135ef7d220.png

So finishing 5-7 and winning a conference tourney game probably gets us in? Source: some dude up thread. I don’t really follow basketball 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Can you predict that we will go 0-12 to finish the conference? Would really love to make the tourney as a 1 seed

That motherfucker is a lead pipe lock. He owes us a weekly prediction so we can set up the inverse Helo gambling ETF.

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Sneaking in Chris Johnson like no one will notice is like when we asked Devin Askew to try to inbound the ball in clutch situations in 2021.

Not to quote myself but was just talking to a buddy about this and we just remembered the time when Beard said preseason that Askew had a chance to be one of the all-time greats at Texas.

i wonder if rivalry games like this one will go stale with the transfer portal. this rivalry used to be truly badass. TJ, Boddicker, James Thomas, and Brandon Mouton vs guys like Najera, Hollis Price, Kevin Bookout, etc. even in more recent years guys like isaiah taylor and matt coleman put their stamps on the rivalry, and OU still had guys like Spangler shot you got to know and hate- like Brock for us.

i wonder if this rivalry will ever really have bad blood again if the rosters are turning over every single year. tonight was a fun game, and the OU fans were really into it (for about 30 minutes lol), but on the court it just felt like any other old big xii game, and that made me kinda sad. 

49 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not to quote myself but was just talking to a buddy about this and we just remembered the time when Beard said preseason that Askew had a chance to be one of the all-time greats at Texas.

Well, so did Beard. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

we have 6 home games left.  If we can win 5 I'd give us 60/40 shot to be in.

Just need to make the tournament and no telling what happens. 

While we are still a clearly flawed team we have 2 players that are capable of going nuclear on any given night in Abmas and Disu. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, HookEm said:
If Beard coached Askew for four years, I think he would have turned out to be a tremendous player.  He was averaging 15+ PPG for Cal last year before he got hurt.

He shot 38 percent and less than 30 percent from three. He sucked just as much as he did for us, only at a higher volume.

Edited by KingBobo81
  • Hook 'Em 1

Askew showed some flashes but Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s character from Along Came Polly had better shooting range. 

More Weaver please. We can actually defend a little bit on the perimeter when he is in the game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, this is stupid.

Askew's main issue is that he plays recklessly and takes bad shots. He has a good stroke though and shot 87% from the line on pretty big volume last year.

Beard would have had him playing under control and would have leveraged his strengths.  He is a tough player and a solid defender, especially on bigger guards or small forwards.  He has good vision.  And with Beard's methodical, slow paced offense he would have gotten much better shots than what he got playing for suck ass, 3-29 Cal.

Out of high school, he was the #28 overall recruit in his class.  It's not like I'm the only one who thinks he has potential.