Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

Tom Brady has a winning record against every franchise in the league except 2, and those are both .500.  Who are those 2 franchises?

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

the Denver Broncos and Frank Stallone?  

I'll give you half credit.  That's one of em.

Edited by slorch

ticket prices inflated by being in Las Vegas (whales, ballers, high rollers) + SF Bay money pouring in (short flight) + small stadium.   Next year prices will drop dramatically.

If Michigan's Big House and Rose Bowl can seat 90k-102k.. why can't an NFL stadium? 

Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sorry for partying …

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 14.25.10.jpeg

This makes sense. Dad pushed Jr into being the spokesman for State Farm because his auto insurance rates were up the ass after the second DWI. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's just cute to watch so many middle-aged "Alpha" males get so butt-hurt about Taylor getting 75 seconds of screen time when they're going to be watching a 6-hour pre-game telecast about a game they're not involved with, remotely.  

But it's very important these men of men let it be known that they will not stand for commentary regarding Taylor's attendance at the game because to do so would be an affront to America!  I mean, can you fucking imagine-a grown woman who is a self-made billionaire inspiring other young women to participate in civics and not at all infringing upon your rights to watch a football game?  The horror.  I honestly wonder how some dads in this country look their daughters in the eye whilst whining about the most trivial shit.  Fucking pussies.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Sorry for partying …

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 14.25.10.jpeg

I feel bad for Jr he has been a good guy his whole career and I really do not see his wife as that big of a bitch either....his little brother is a giant bitch though and him and more so his wife taking up for that fuckhead is stupid and does add to his wife being looked at poorly

it sucks his dad had to pull this bullshit a week before the game though....and that is a hard looking 53 he has "been around the block" and he looks like he needs some help....his last DWI was in 2019 and you would think he could try and control his shit better before the big game, but clearly not

The other team that Tommay did not have a winning record against is the San Francisco 49ers.  He was 9-9 against Denver and 2-2 against San Fran.  Brady had a winning record against every other franchise in the league and no losing records.  That's just fucking crazy.

I musta heard about the Broncos thing in some trivia game or something.  Had no idea about the 49ers.  But stands to reason.  To your point, especially when including playoffs, to have no losing records to any team is just fucking insane.  Damn impressive.  

csb/ years ago, at one of those Austin Longhorn Club lunches---somebody asked Mack Brown about an idea to start scheduling OOC games with all the teams we had losing records to over the years (the schools/FCS/D-II/sisters of the poor that no longer exist notwithstanding) and make it like a featured slate of "Correcting History" kinda deal (I don't remember the details this guy said but he had obviously put some thought into it).  So he asks Mack why we don't go exact our record revenge on these teams.  Like Air Force, BYU, Vanderbilt, et. al.  And unlike Tom Brady, Mack had to do the Mack thing and say something to the effect of, "Because class.  We're too classy to go pick on weaker programs.  We're gonna play who we need to in order to boost our rankings."  

Few years later, we got the ever living shit beat out of us by BYU with a one-legged QB.  Tom Brady-GOAT, IMHO.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Are we taking odds on the arrest video showing that SR used the "don't you know who my son is?" when trying to talk his way out of the arrest?

I bet the cops think Jackson is a huge douchebag like the rest of us. 

• Haha 1

Son & wife are going to Vegas for the Super Bowl this weekend. 
He made reservations at the Bellagio a long time ago, but is only getting a % discount off the room instead of the usual full comp.
He said he paid face value for the game tickets.
Mrs. Brat & I are going to watch it like everyone else on our 50 yard line flatscreen while consuming home cookin’.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2024 at 5:03 PM, markstanco said:

Lots of white knighting for TS like she will see it.

It's become an obsession with white knights like I've never seen: "zomg, male football fans hate Taylor so much". Literally no one give a shit. It's like the trashy couple that thinks " everyone is always trying to break us up"

• Hook 'Em 3

I’ll see Taylor Swift in the Tokyo Dome Sunday the 11th. On Monday morning the 12th I’ll attend a Super Bowl party here in Tokyo.

I am going to get my fill of Taylor Swift over those 16 hours. Probably see more of her in the game than I will at her show. 

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

It's become an obsession with white knights like I've never seen: "zomg, male football fans hate Taylor so much". Literally no one give a shit. It's like the trashy couple that thinks " everyone is always trying to break us up"

For somebody who doesn't give a shit...you sure whine about her a lot.  Maybe write a song about it, bro?  

The media was the "fat little girlfriends," or reading your press clippings.

It's one of the most mis-interpreted quotes in the history of mankind.

Edited by slorch

I'd like to post they ass.  

Dammit, I had something for this.  

I don't think I was referring to any post of yours, but I get confused in my old sobriety.  

I'm genuinely confused though about Macklemore's constant negging of me on the football forum lately.  I thought I was getting to be an overly-sensitive cunt?  

14 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

It's like the trashy couple that thinks " everyone is always trying to break us up"

It reminds me of the idiotic women on facebook who are always calling out their "haters" who post stuff about them. Never names any haters but trust her, they exist!

Oh, so you know Linda?  ;)  

I didn't learn until yesterday, Omenihu comes around sark's program and Belmot a lot more than most NFL'ers and is really engaged and well liked.  I know those guys show up every now and again but apparently Charles is much deeper into giving back.  So while super crappy that he can't play, I hope he gets a ring and can come back and flaunt it around a bit.  People I take serious says he's a really engaged Longhorn and I hope he gets his bling.

• Hook 'Em 1

So on brand for today’s society. People complaining all over the place that “nobody is complaining about Taylor Swift” which itself is a complaint about Taylor Swift. The angry bros are real and all over the internet. She encouraged her fans to vote in 2020 and enraged a bunch of cloak room types. I think Cowherd said it right, in a 4 hour broadcast the camera pans to all sorts of nonsense, she’s the worlds most popular pop star and takes up 20-30 seconds of screen time a game. It’s not a big deal, unless you’re angry at her because cloak room or if you’re just an angry troll. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So on brand for today’s society. People complaining all over the place that “nobody is complaining about Taylor Swift” which itself is a complaint about Taylor Swift. The angry bros are real and all over the internet. She encouraged her fans to vote in 2020 and enraged a bunch of cloak room types. I think Cowherd said it right, in a 4 hour broadcast the camera pans to all sorts of nonsense, she’s the worlds most popular pop star and takes up 20-30 seconds of screen time a game. It’s not a big deal, unless you’re angry at her because cloak room or if you’re just an angry troll. 

This right here....

I would rather they show her than the goons that dress up like idiots to get on TV.

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I literally can't imagine a bigger loser snowflake than an NFL fan that picks up his phone to shitpost about Taylor Swift. Almost as bad as someone who sucks dick for meth, not that anyone that posts here would ever do that.

• Hook 'Em 2