Super Bowl LVII - Las Vegas

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

Your obsession with Taylor Swift and supposed butt hurt about her regarding the game is noted.  Every post on your thread is about it.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Obsessed?  I prefer the term stalking.  I mean, courting.  Dammit, if I give you a dollar—-this has to remain confidential right?  

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

He’s trying to make Fetch happen to make oblique political posts.  Same thing in tell me about Texas A&M and his Qatar comments hoping someone takes the bait.  Dude, we fucking get it.  But you’re  coming off as on the spectrum pairing that shit on football boards.  

Posting not pairing.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Fair point.  It’d be like using a multi-million dollar social media platform to take credit for creating her career on Super Bowl Sunday, right?  I mean, if we’re talking about made up scenarios us in the heads of obviously insane adult men.  

its just funny to me is all.  Yall enjoy the game And bullshit aside, get home Safe tonight.  I’m already noticing half drunks out on the roads.  

59 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I’ll be glad for whoever wins.  I like Swift.  She’s very talented and my daughter and wife have been to two of her showe.  She gives the crowd their money’s worth.  And given my daughter controls the radio on way to school in mornings, I think I’ve heard every song she’s recorded. Her songwriting chops are impressive to me, though I’m no music expert. 

58 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Dude, I you can rant all you want about me.  But don’t make pissy comments about people on the spectrum.   You’re better than that and you know it.  

as for A&M and Qatar.  I have been asked to read the following letter “there is no connection.”  

55 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Is being on the spectrum a perjorative?  The best plaintiffs lawyer I know has a pretty significant touch of it.  And he’s private jet / $30 million River Oaks house type rich.  

54 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

(Checking your squares maths)

but, how do you make money?  

one word…volume 

image.gif.fd88a645317bafe4efbc67b4d7d69ce7.gif

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2024 at 10:45 AM, YGIFS said:

Hey, what happens between Macklemore's rants about loving the stupids of the SEC and how evil Taylor Swift is, is his business!  No judging!  

On 2/6/2024 at 2:36 PM, Macklemore said:

I also negged your unhinged rants about the academic quality of SEC schools. The SEC is far superior academically to the XII but don’t let facts get in the way of your hot air.

On 2/6/2024 at 3:44 PM, YGIFS said:

No, you're right about that.  As an aggregate, because of Florida and Vandy a couple others---as a whole it's an academically superior conference compared to the Big XII (especially with our new dipshit diploma mill members like UCF and Cincy and Houston).  Never mind the other glorified community colleges we're leaving behind.  But yeah, we're trading 6 of one for half dozen of the other.  But I guess the TV money will be sweet.  You're on point about that.  I guess I was speaking as more of an amalgamation of academics, culture, and politics that we don't quite fit with.  But a University of size and prowess, nothing's really gonna fit our mold except maybe that Pac-10/12.  But that's obviously not an option anymore...

Thanks, guys. Y'all's little spat about this forced me to check on this, and it's closer than you might think. Academically, the SEC is the same as it is in football. There are a few at the top, and the rest aren't anything special. The PAC additions to the Big 12 help them tremendously.

The Big 10 and ACC are far better academic conferences, though.

image.png.06a4e0185dae0a04e796c77f17a9b1aa.png

image.png.be6e2d15043b131b3969ac7422c2b0b2.png

I know one gives a shit, but I got bored while catching up on the thread. Back to Super Bowl prep.

• Like 2

The SEC’s top 6 ranked schools blow the XII’s out of the water. If your conference is relying on the Arizona schools to be the academic bellwether, you suck academically. I would send my kid to Tennesssee or Auburn any day of the week over TCU, Baylor or the Arizona diploma mills.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Rooting for the 49’ers, as the Chiefs are getting close to the “Brady-Patriots” era of always winning the grand prize or at least playing for it.

49’ers can win of course, as they belong to be there. UT guy as HC and UTSA’s first player to ever play in the SB (OL for 49’ers), so I’m rooting for them. I just think the Chiefs have been “battle tested” better going on the road for the playoffs, so I think they will win.

The memories of my youth from the early 80s to 90s, as a Cowboys Fan, made me hate the 49’ers, but I’m rooting for them tonight.

Hook’em!!!

Yeah, in all honesty---I thought Billy Idol was dead.  Apparently still kicking and has a number of shows upcoming.  Good for him at 68.

Hard to believe Armybrat opened for him at the USO tour during WWI.  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Son & DIL went to the tailgate that featured a Billy Idol concert (I didn’t know he was still alive). 
They checked out their seats a half hour ago….

8A579299-4564-47C9-9783-F35D89CAADE3.jpeg

18E1A7C2-9FD1-4F6D-ABEB-D46214516EB3.jpeg

How did they get face value tickets? Are they Raiders season ticket holders that got lucky through the lottery. How much is face value anyway?

Edited by Macklemore

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Please win for America tonight

Isn't Kansas City also in the United States?  Oh shit, am I late for the battle?

Don't know this came up at volunteering after church today but we were talking about Lent and this guy brought up an interesting conundrum.  In February 2027, for I guess what is the first time ever because the NFL's season is now longer and the goofy way Easter works.  In 2027, it'll be the first Super Bowl Sunday to fall after Mardi Gras.  I didn't check the calendar but that would be weird to have Super Bowl indulgence basically start right after you have to give up drinking and heavy meals.  

Randy, "I'm sorry...I thought this was America!!!"

Edited by YGIFS

I don't know the gentleman in the Anthony Holmes jersey, but buy him a $19 beer when you get the chance and put it on my tab.  

I was too lazy this morning to iron some dress pants for church so I put on jeans and of course mortified my wife.  First guy we see in the parking lot of 9:00a service is rocking a #23 McCaffrey's jersey with what I guess is the 2020's equivalent of Shubaz pants.  I don't know if he was doing some kind of commentary on the false equivalence of sport and faith, but I kinda gotta tip my hat to him for the idiotic flex.

19 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I didn't check the calendar but that would be weird to have Super Bowl indulgence basically start right after you have to give up drinking and heavy meals. 

Good news: you don’t actually have to do that shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

These prices are really good. 

Honestly,  less than I paid for beers at the superbowl in san Diego 20 years ago. I honestly thought cans would easily be over 20 bucks. 

NFL / NCAA / Raiders should have built a 130k mega stadium in vegas

all super bowls and ncaa championships in vegas 

everyone has been raving about the events all weeks in vegas 

ticket prices are saying it all 

Edited by tx 3 putt

Excited for the Nickelodeon broadcast! The announcers will be better than CBS broadcast and it’s just fucking fun to watch. And hilarious. 

thinking of pulling for 49’ers. Either way a Longhorn is getting a ring!

The one game I watched this past season Nickelodeon did before Christmas was exceptional. 

IMG_8672.jpeg

IMG_8670.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

The ticket prices wouldn't be what they are at double the capacity but then you knew that right?

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yeah I hadn't paid attention to how big the stadium there is, but when I heard 65k for today's game, I thought WTF need 100k+ there.