Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-03-04/banks-stuck-with-x-debt-held-refinancing-talks-with-elon-musk?srnd=technology-vp&sref=M8H6LjUF

A bank group spearheaded by Morgan Stanley held discussions with Elon Musk and his team about refinancing a roughly $12.5 billion debt package that supported the tech billionaire’s take-private of the social media platform X, according to people with knowledge of the matter. 

In talks that faltered earlier this year, certain banks and Musk’s team explored options to strengthen the debt package, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing confidential talks. The parties discussed options that could reduce the cost of the debt and make it less risky for banks to hold, one of the people said.

A group of seven banks, led by the New York-based lender, has been stuck holding the debt since 2022. They’ve repeatedly renewed an agreement not to individually offload their holdings, with the goal of coordinating a sale when X — formerly known as Twitter — is on firmer financial footing with stable advertising revenues, subscription growth and further traction from a planned peer-to-peer payments platform, one of the people said.

Representatives for X and Morgan Stanley declined to comment.

Morgan Stanley was the largest lender on the deal, providing just over a quarter of the debt package. That contributed to $876 million of mark-to-market losses the bank took in 2022 on corporate loans it was looking to sell. The firm said in its annual regulatory filing last month that such losses were smaller in 2023, without providing a figure.

Fidelity, which received a stake in X after helping Musk complete his $44 billion purchase, has marked down the value of its position by 72% since the takeover.

Musk, who counts X as one of several business ventures, has recently been focusing on reincorporating companies including SpaceX and Neuralink Corp. to Texas and Nevada, respectively, after a Delaware judge in January voided his almost $56 billion pay package at Tesla Inc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 3/1/2024 at 3:07 PM, gsoda3 said:

all you're doing is rehashing arguments from a judge who (read her ruling) sees herself as a crusader against greedy corporate interests and in this case, the richest man in the world.  in what world is it fair to void a contract, approved by 70+ percent of shareholders which didn't include elon's or his family's shares, a decade later after he'd satisfied the terms?  unless you just have a vendetta against him, it's not.

image.png.53be93e5e2e1ce81bb272408ce41a635.png

Holy shit, you're right @Captainant!!

• Haha 7

Elon gonna be pissed

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/04/business/jeff-bezos-richest-man-on-earth/index.html

Jeff Bezos has reclaimed the title of the richest person on Earth, surpassing Elon Musk, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index on Monday.

The Amazon founder’s net worth was $200 billion, while Musk followed at $198 billion. Musk has lost about $31 billion over the past year, while Bezos has gained $23 billion, according to the index. Tesla shares had tumbled more than 7% on Monday.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:16 PM, Brisketexan said:

Kind of correct.  See the "entire fairness" rule (which encompasses more than mere "independence") -- it is fact dependent.  It's not a numerical, strictly quantifiable thing.  A huge number of things in the law are not empirical, clearly one way vs. clearly the other (FFS, the civil standard of judgment is "more likely than not" -- so something that a fact-finder decides was 55-45 the likely course of events is how that jury finds).

What we have here is simple: exhibit eleventy billion in the oligarch bedrock belief of "rules for thee, not for me."

just 6 months before the judge rescinded elon's comp plan the delaware court of chancery ruled that tesla's mid 2010s purchase of solarcity was "entirely fair" -  that although the board of directors (which included some of the same members as the later board that would later approve his pay package) could have taken additional steps to be more independent they were "entirely fair" to shareholders due to the resulting success of the implementation of the takeover.  this ruling, from june of 2023, was an upholding of a previous trial court's ruling from 2022 that found the exact same thing.  it confirmed the standard of independence that had always been used across the industry.  yet six months later the standard changed.  patently unfair.  

3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

You’d think someone would notice ~2,000 additional, non-scheduled flights full of immigrants skirting customs at ports of entry.  

Nononono, do not apply critical thinking skills to his conspiracies! That is double minus bad! Just trust what you are told and do not believe your lying eyes

16 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The perfect tweet doesn't exi-

Also this is an example of what used to make Twitter great. Non-blue check makes a simple and funny joke and it organically goes viral. And since he's not a blue check the replies are genuine and not spammed by bots. Again, fuck you, Elon. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

just 6 months before the judge rescinded elon's comp plan the delaware court of chancery ruled that tesla's mid 2010s purchase of solarcity was "entirely fair" -  that although the board of directors (which included some of the same members as the later board that would later approve his pay package) could have taken additional steps to be more independent they were "entirely fair" to shareholders due to the resulting success of the implementation of the takeover.  this ruling, from june of 2023, was an upholding of a previous trial court's ruling from 2022 that found the exact same thing.  it confirmed the standard of independence that had always been used across the industry.  yet six months later the standard changed.  patently unfair.  

Why do you support corporate executives committing fraud to deceive their shareholders?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

To summarize your line of bs: "But but but under an entirely different set of facts, the court reached two different decisions. They should have reached the same decision because they both involved Elmo."

Wholly illogical. Your grade is F in both law and logic, but I'll willingly cede you an 'A' for plainly expressing your strong desire to fellate Elmo. Courts apply differing facts to existing standards and reach different conclusions every day in the US. This is not news, nor is it controversial. For example, the same logic you used could easily be used to reach the opposite conclusion from you - the court sure did fuck up with that solar city ruling.

Now go away for another few days, do your best research on your favorite site, elonmusksexdollowners (EMSDO) and come back with a better argument. Although I don't think you can.

For the record, the ruling you noted was an APPEAL. Your boi will have his opportunity to appeal, don't worry.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Your daily dose of Elon being a piece of shit. 

You think people dislike Musk now, wait till he gives a financial lifeline to Trump. Buying Trump for $600 million may fetch a better ROI than the $44 billion he spent on Twitter

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 3

4 hours ago, NoName said:

Typical Musk Things

can't deliver the Cybertruck because of rain!

7fvvko8a7qmc1.png

This just cracks me up for more than one reason but the main one is that when I spent some time living in a northern state, I made a pretty good sum from selling my "southern" used car because it was in good shape: properly maintained and most importantly: NO RUST because I had been domiciled where there was no snow and no road salt. Now Elonstans are buying a vehicle that acquires rust (and eventually corrodes) if it gets wet, salt not necessary. Yeesh. Talk about buying an automobile from the carnival midway. Clown show.

Also: here is the fact check regarding the airline flights referred to by disingenuous political and billionaire malcontents and dupes (spoilered because it mentions the President and thus may trigger some people who are CR sensitive)

Spoiler

TLDR version:

The federal government transports adult detainees in its custody from one facility to another, or from one U.S. city to another during deportation proceedings.

The vast majority of people on the flights are unaccompanied minors who crossed the border, requested asylum under immigration law, and are being released from federal custody to a parent or sponsor.

Some of these flights happen at night, but they are not covert operations. The same types of flights were done by the Trump administration.

Longer article from same source (PolitiFact)

Republicans campaigning for office are running ads that hammer President Joe Biden’s management of the U.S.-Mexico border. They claim that the administration is using planes to fly "illegal immigrants" around the country.

Republican Tyler Kistner, making his second consecutive campaign for a U.S. House seat in Minnesota, made his claim about skullduggery in the dark.

Biden "has been secretly flying illegal immigrants into communities across the country in the middle of the night," his ad on Facebook and Instagram claimed.

Other Republicans have run social media ads making similar claims. They include Lisa Scheller, who is running for a U.S. House seat in Pennsylvania; Jake Corman, who is running for Pennsylvania governor; U.S. Rep. Randy Weber of Texas, U.S. Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, and U.S. Rep. Ashley Hinson of Iowa.

Experts said the vast majority of people trying to cross the southern border into the United States are summarily turned back. Exceptions are made for unaccompanied minors, some of whom are transported by planes to be with relatives or approved sponsors — a practice also done during the Trump administration. 

How the process works

Kistner’s campaign did not reply to our requests for information to support his claim.

Two law professors and directors of immigrants’ rights clinics, Fatma Marouf at Texas A&M University School of Law and Nicole Hallett at the University of Chicago Law School, walked us through the process.

Because of a public health law known as Title 42, invoked at the start of the pandemic by the Trump administration and continued under Biden, the vast majority of migrants are turned back and not given the opportunity to make their case for why they should be allowed to stay.

Those encountered at the border who have been allowed to remain are, by and large, unaccompanied minors. They typically are taken first to facilities near the border and then transferred to the temporary custody of the U.S. Health and Human Services department, which eventually places the children with family or sponsors in the U.S. If family members or approved sponsors are not able to arrange transportation, the federal government pays for transportation, including flights. 

The charter flights are not publicized and sometimes are done in the middle of the night to protect the confidentiality of those being transported and to guard against anyone who would interfere with the flights.

Republicans, including Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, have complained that they were not notified about the flights and U.S. House members from New York asked the Biden administration to stop such flights to their state.

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker reported that sometimes the federal government tries to save money by arranging for flights that land late in the evening.

Most unaccompanied minors turn themselves in to border authorities and by doing so are "actually following the rules of seeking asylum," said Marouf.

ICE Air Operations is the air transportation arm of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is responsible for the detention and deportation of immigrants.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This just cracks me up for more than one reason but the main one is that when I spent some time living in a northern state, I made a pretty good sum from selling my "southern" used car because it was in good shape: properly maintained and most importantly: NO RUST because I had been domiciled where there was no snow and no road salt. Now Elonstans are buying a vehicle that acquires rust (and eventually corrodes) if it gets wet, salt not necessary. Yeesh. Talk about buying an automobile from the carnival midway. Clown show.

Also: here is the fact check regarding the airline flights referred to by disingenuous political and billionaire malcontents and dupes (spoilered because it mentions the President and thus may trigger some people who are CR sensitive)

Hide contents

TLDR version:

The federal government transports adult detainees in its custody from one facility to another, or from one U.S. city to another during deportation proceedings.

The vast majority of people on the flights are unaccompanied minors who crossed the border, requested asylum under immigration law, and are being released from federal custody to a parent or sponsor.

Some of these flights happen at night, but they are not covert operations. The same types of flights were done by the Trump administration.

Longer article from same source (PolitiFact)

Republicans campaigning for office are running ads that hammer President Joe Biden’s management of the U.S.-Mexico border. They claim that the administration is using planes to fly "illegal immigrants" around the country.

Republican Tyler Kistner, making his second consecutive campaign for a U.S. House seat in Minnesota, made his claim about skullduggery in the dark.

Biden "has been secretly flying illegal immigrants into communities across the country in the middle of the night," his ad on Facebook and Instagram claimed.

Other Republicans have run social media ads making similar claims. They include Lisa Scheller, who is running for a U.S. House seat in Pennsylvania; Jake Corman, who is running for Pennsylvania governor; U.S. Rep. Randy Weber of Texas, U.S. Sen. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota, and U.S. Rep. Ashley Hinson of Iowa.

Experts said the vast majority of people trying to cross the southern border into the United States are summarily turned back. Exceptions are made for unaccompanied minors, some of whom are transported by planes to be with relatives or approved sponsors — a practice also done during the Trump administration. 

How the process works

Kistner’s campaign did not reply to our requests for information to support his claim.

Two law professors and directors of immigrants’ rights clinics, Fatma Marouf at Texas A&M University School of Law and Nicole Hallett at the University of Chicago Law School, walked us through the process.

Because of a public health law known as Title 42, invoked at the start of the pandemic by the Trump administration and continued under Biden, the vast majority of migrants are turned back and not given the opportunity to make their case for why they should be allowed to stay.

Those encountered at the border who have been allowed to remain are, by and large, unaccompanied minors. They typically are taken first to facilities near the border and then transferred to the temporary custody of the U.S. Health and Human Services department, which eventually places the children with family or sponsors in the U.S. If family members or approved sponsors are not able to arrange transportation, the federal government pays for transportation, including flights. 

The charter flights are not publicized and sometimes are done in the middle of the night to protect the confidentiality of those being transported and to guard against anyone who would interfere with the flights.

Republicans, including Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, have complained that they were not notified about the flights and U.S. House members from New York asked the Biden administration to stop such flights to their state.

The Washington Post’s Fact Checker reported that sometimes the federal government tries to save money by arranging for flights that land late in the evening.

Most unaccompanied minors turn themselves in to border authorities and by doing so are "actually following the rules of seeking asylum," said Marouf.

ICE Air Operations is the air transportation arm of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which is responsible for the detention and deportation of immigrants.

He's projecting extra hard because people are starting to realize he immigrated illegally.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I went to dinner at a nice restaurant in town the other night. Parked next to a CyberTruck. It had full matte black PPF on it - good move to save the paint, but hilarious that’s the only real option for protecting it. 

I thought to myself “I wonder what winner in here is driving that.” Then I proceed to the (small) bar and proceed to hear a guy sitting by himself in a full conversation about himself only - dating life, missed opportunities in BTC, people he should have fired, the while nine yards - at full volume on his AirPods. It wasn’t hard to figure out who the driver was.

The woooooooorst

There's no paint to save, the body is stainless steel and unpainted. I can see throwing a vinyl wrap on it to make it look a little better, though.

26 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There's no paint to save, the body is stainless steel and unpainted. I can see throwing a vinyl wrap on it to make it look a little better, though.

Sorry - I should have said it’s a good solution to save it from rusting. I have PPF for aesthetic and protective reasons on my car, but the cybertruck is the dumbest El Camino wannabe ever. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Sorry - I should have said it’s a good solution to save it from rusting. I have PPF for aesthetic and protective reasons on my car, but the cybertruck is the dumbest El Camino wannabe ever. 

I had an El Camino Hot Wheels car that I "borrowed" from my older brother. That little car could fly down a side by side straight piece of track and won the neighborhood head-to-head races with other kids (I loved Hot Wheels cars when I was a little kid). It even had a tiny bed cover in the back that lifted up. It kind of looked like this one below only it was dark green. I have no idea where he got it but likely a garage sale cause my folks used to pick up a lot of toys that way. He had a shoe box full of cars. 

image.png.adfdc0b2435392311e3224ade93f9fa5.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

Your daily dose of Elmo being a piece of shit.

edit oh wait wuuuut sorry @Hank Kingsley I guess I should've written second daily dose.

tldr - elmo wanted majority equity, to be named CEO and have OpenAI folded into Tesla.

image.thumb.png.77b4f046f1a0bdc29fb2ce4b380a67c1.png

image.thumb.png.bd118bcfd5fbbde114e55580c09835f3.png

If I were to call this anything, it’s my daily dose of Elon being a dumbass.

Galloway blew this one up yesterday. He called this suit exactly what it is: Elon was dumb and got out too early and has serious sour grapes for that decision. There isn’t any merit to this, just he’s hoping to find a judge so dumb as to let him undo his major goof. Oops.

Altman is pantsing him with this email dump and it’s damn brilliant. 

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You think people dislike Musk now, wait till he gives a financial lifeline to Trump. Buying Trump for $600 million may fetch a better ROI than the $44 billion he spent on Twitter

I assume it would require Trump to abandon truth and rejoin X. That would probably be worth $60M. Get the rubes back on board and sell them pillows and nfts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I assume it would require Trump to abandon truth and rejoin X. That would probably be worth $60M. Get the rubes back on board and sell them pillows and nfts.

I don’t see how that’s any benefit to Trump, given that truth social is about to IPO and he could make upwards of $5 Billion with it. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Galloway blew this one up yesterday. He called this suit exactly what it is: Elon was dumb and got out too early and has serious sour grapes for that decision.

Pretty sure I've mentioned to you before that imo Galloway only says the most obvious things that any idiot could come up with. Exhibit A bolded, below.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:42 AM, Chopper said:

Without getting all into the issue of AI, here's a couple other things I find interesting about this. When OpenAI was trying to raise $$ for their work in order to run it entirely as a non-profit, they received less than $150 Million in donations. They required a far greater sum to build and so created a for profit subsidiary, which raised something like $13 Billion to fund their efforts.

I think once again Elmo made a bad deal for himself and he's having remorse, and so we see him acting out. For example, as posted above the first thing he's asked for is that OpenAI show him their work. They're not obligated to do so Just Because the parent company is a non-profit. Also IF if that were part of any deal Elmo made with them then that would be a central part of his lawsuit against them. But, as they say, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

I can't wait to read OpenAI's response, they will almost certainly light him up. I'm no OpenAI or Altman fan so I have some mixed emotions about it but watching Elmo lose is much more fun. For now.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Chopper said:

another daily dose of whatever you want to call it

image.png.7b7109b30a972ec99a6340a92aa04635.png

He’s getting the mixture dialed in tonight. 

In three hours he’ll be in a shit-filled bathtub screaming out the lyrics to White Rabbit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

To be clear though, El Caminos are cool AF. 

image.thumb.jpeg.76328118b0e12b832eb2e1cda849b0ee.jpeg

I had a friend in high school that had a Black with white stripes '71 El Camino SS that was modded. Fucking thing had some serious power.

One weekend at a party he had to drive his girlfriend home in her car because she couldn't handle her liquor. He handed me his keys and asked me and another friend to pick him up at her place. lulz

Me and my other friend driving the El Camino over to that chicks house.

GYgQ0c.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7