Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

the parent tweet for all this is makes it even funnier - shes giving away her money as part of her signing the Giving Pledge.

lv358rqm1tmc1.png

here is who she has given $$ to last year btw:https://yieldgiving.com/essays/giving-update/

includes such well known wildass groups like the Girl Scouts and United Way. she's given $25 million to an affordable housing nonprofit plus another $20m to a community land trust in SF that works on housing, $5m to a foundation's fund that benefits those impacted by the wildfires in Hawaii, a bunch of legal aid and justice services across the entire country, a bunch of early childhood development services across the entire country, substance abuse programs, etc

you know, not everyone just gives $5.7 billion to their own charity, some folks actually like to give it to places that will make a difference.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

oh my god. he sent the "vote for the guy running as DA in Austin" to the entire TSLA company. they employ 140k people worldwide.

he didn't send it to the US group. he didn't send it to the Texas group (remember they have offices in Austin, DFW, Houston, etc.) he didn't send it to the Central Texas group (Austin + Bastrop.) he didn't send it to those working in the Austin office only - he sent it to the ENTIRE COMPANY - then emailed them again 10 hours later about it.

image.thumb.png.68bff5d545a69266b45eaa1a8d14cf62.png

also, he's megafucked in this X music publisher lawsuit: https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/06/tech/x-lawsuit-music-elon-musk/index.html

as a reminder, they don't pay companies to license it and they have virtually no anti piracy system or team in place for music or videos compared to every other social media site in the universe. they aren't even out there looking at the top 25 viewed videos for the day to screen out "hey this is the entire mario movie" or "hey this is the #3 most RT or liked video on the platform, but it's playing what is obviously copyrighted music, we should mute that or demonotize it"

Summary:

• A federal judge has allowed parts of a $250 million copyright lawsuit to proceed against Elon Musk’s X (formerly Twitter), focusing on illegal music sharing allegations.
  • The lawsuit is by the National Music Publishers’ Association, with members including Universal, Sony, and Warner Music Group, alleging X favored "verified" subscribers in sharing copyrighted music.
  • Claims that X delayed copyright infringement notices and failed to combat repeat offenders were allowed to proceed by US District Judge Aleta Trauger.
  • However, claims that X was directly responsible for stealing artists’ intellectual property were dismissed.
  • The lawsuit highlights the practice of large social media platforms paying licensing fees to music publishers, contrasting X’s alleged infringement involving over 1,700 songs.
  • Songs mentioned in the lawsuit include Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” Outkast’s “Hey Ya!” and Mark Ronson’s “Uptown Funk,” featuring Bruno Mars.
  • Judge Trauger suggested X could be contributorily liable if it knowingly allowed its platform to be used for copyright infringement.

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's a time-honored tradition of billionaire shitheads to donate money to their own charity for use as a slush fund AND get tax benefits for it

but he paid the largest tax bill in history! he would never use a loophole like that to try and reduce his tax burden, right?!?!?!?!

22 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Poor Elmo still not getting the attention it craves. 

He used to post high engagement numbers (that no doubt had been lifted due to spambots) to "prove" how much activity there is on X. Hasn't done that in a while though.

So now he needs to find a way to game the system again to try and bring in advertisers, and the users of this app lose yet again. 

X is a dead man walking. If he doesn't sell it soon the party is over. Just a matter of when. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, NoName said:

the parent tweet for all this is makes it even funnier - shes giving away her money as part of her signing the Giving Pledge.

lv358rqm1tmc1.png

here is who she has given $$ to last year btw:https://yieldgiving.com/essays/giving-update/

includes such well known wildass groups like the Girl Scouts and United Way. she's given $25 million to an affordable housing nonprofit plus another $20m to a community land trust in SF that works on housing, $5m to a foundation's fund that benefits those impacted by the wildfires in Hawaii, a bunch of legal aid and justice services across the entire country, a bunch of early childhood development services across the entire country, substance abuse programs, etc

you know, not everyone just gives $5.7 billion to their own charity, some folks actually like to give it to places that will make a difference.

"She's giving away all of Jeff's hard earned money so she must be evil and hate him!!"

mock-dur.gif

Look, Bezos is a smart and rich man, but to fundamentally ignore Scott's efforts as a spouse, mother and having an early role at Amazon to help the business succeed, is being at best ignorant and at worst casually misogynistic.

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Your daily dose of Elon being a complete dipshit moron. 

Yeah, keep taking away features. That will keep people on your site and keep attracting them on.

Every since I quit Twitter, there has been little incentive for me to go back, even with how broken my experience with the site is. For example I click either of these embedded tweets, I can only see that tweet. I click Doge's, I see zero replies. I click Elmo's, I don't even see the tweet he is replying too, so it makes no sense.

And it just shows how much he still does not understand what Twitter is. Oh we want proxy metrics, you have to interact with a tweet to really see what it's about. Because daring to show us that people are really getting something is inherently bad.

https://elonmusk.today/ should put this and Xmail on their timeline of failed deliveries. At this point anytime Elmo says "Oh X is definitely happening" it should be on that site with a new counter.

• Hook 'Em 6

So, apparently it is pretty easy to steal a Tesla.  

https://gizmodo.com/want-to-steal-a-tesla-try-using-a-flipper-zero-1851316236

Security researchers report they uncovered a design flaw that let them hijack a Tesla using a Flipper Zero, a controversial $169 hacking tool. Partners Tommy Mysk and Talal Haj Bakry of Mysk Inc. said the attack is as simple as swiping a Tesla owner’s login information, opening the Tesla app, and driving away. The victim would have no idea they lost their $40,000 vehicle. Mysk said the exploit takes minutes, and to prove it all works, he stole his own car.

The issue isn’t “hacking” in the sense of breaking into software, it’s a social engineering attack that fools a user into handing over their information. Using a Flipper, the researchers set up a WiFi network called “Tesla Guest,” the name Tesla uses for its guest networks at service centers. Mysk then created a website that looks like Tesla’s login page.

The process is simple. In this scenario, hackers could broadcast the network near a charging station, where a bored driver might be looking for entertainment. The victim connects to the WiFi network and enters their username and password on the fake Tesla website. The hacker then uses the credentials to log in to the real Tesla app, which triggers a two-factor authentication code. The victim enters that code into the fake website, and the thief gains access to their account. Once you’re logged into the Tesla app, you can set up a “phone key” which lets you unlock and control the car over Bluetooth with a smartphone. From there, the car is yours.

You can see Mysk’s demonstration of the attack in the video below.

According to Mysk, Tesla doesn’t notify users when new keys are created, so the victim wouldn’t know they’ve been compromised. Mysk said the bad guys wouldn’t need to steal the car right away, either, because the app shows you the physical location of the vehicle. The Tesla owner could finish charging the car and drive off to go shopping or park outside their house. The thief would just watch the car’s location using the app, and then waltz up at an opportune moment and drive away.

“This means with a leaked email and password, an owner could lose their Tesla vehicle. This is insane,” Tommy Mysk said. “Phishing and social engineering attacks are very common today, especially with the rise of AI technologies, and responsible companies must factor in such risks in their threat models.”

Spoiler

When you buy a Tesla, the company provides you with a physical keycard for the car. The Tesla Model 3 owner’s manual says “The key card is used to ‘authenticate’ phone keys to work with Model 3 and to add or remove other keys.” However, when Mysk tried this exploit, it seemed that wasn’t true.

According to Mysk, he tested the vulnerability multiple times with his own Tesla. Mysk said he used a freshly reset iPhone that had never been paired with his car before, and he made sure there was no link between that phone and his real identity through the Apple ID or IP address. Mysk said he was able to create a phone key multiple times without access to the Tesla’s physical key card.

Mysk said he contacted Tesla through its vulnerability reporting program, but the company responded that this isn’t a real problem. He shared a copy of the exchange with Gizmodo. “We have investigated and determined that this is the intended behavior,” Tesla said in the email. “The ‘Phone Key’ section of the owner’s manual page you linked to makes no mention of a key card being required to add a phone key.”

Tesla, which typically ignores questions from the media, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

“Tesla Product Security team’s confirmation that this is the ‘intended behavior’ is preposterous,” Mysk said. “The design to pair a phone key is clearly made super easy at the expense of security.”

According to Mysk, it seems the physical key card is only necessary to “authenticate” the phone key as a fail-safe mechanism. In Mysk’s tests, he was able to set up the phone key when he was standing near or sitting in the car. If the car was too far away, the setup process would fail, and the app asked for the physical key card. But as long as he was close by, Mysk said he was able to add a new phone key without the key card.

“With Tesla’s current design, if an attacker has the victim’s username and password, they can drive away with the victim’s vehicle,” Mysk said. “If a victim is tricked to expose their credentials, they shouldn’t lose it all. They shouldn’t lose their car.”

The Flipper Zero is a controversial device that’s designed for hobbyists, hackers, and people who want to stop them. It’s like a digital Swiss army knife, with a variety of wireless connectivity features that let you play with (and break into) other devices. Recently, the Flipper’s co-founder told Gizmodo the whole point of the device is to expose big tech’s shoddy security practices. However, it’s worth noting that there are a wide variety of other inexpensive devices that would let you exploit this Tesla vulnerability in the exact same way.

It wouldn’t be hard for Tesla to solve this problem. Mysk said the company should make key card authentication mandatory before you add phone keys, and Tesla should notify users when new keys are created. But without action from the company, Tesla owners may be sitting ducks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, apparently it is pretty easy to steal a Tesla.

If you are adept at social engineering and are able to steal a user's login, I guess it's "easy"?  The article does highlight some security vulnerabilities that need to be addressed, but it's quite a leap to call it "easy" to steal a Tesla. 

Teslas are among the least stolen vehicles in the U.S.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

If you are adept at social engineering and are able to steal a user's login, I guess it's "easy"?  The article does highlight some security vulnerabilities that need to be addressed, but it's quite a leap to call it "easy" to steal a Tesla. 

So even thieves agree that Elmo is a shithead?

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Poor Elmo still not getting the attention it craves. 

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He used to post high engagement numbers (that no doubt had been lifted due to spambots) to "prove" how much activity there is on X. Hasn't done that in a while though.

So now he needs to find a way to game the system again to try and bring in advertisers, and the users of this app lose yet again. 

X is a dead man walking. If he doesn't sell it soon the party is over. Just a matter of when. 

Yep, this is not the way to convince advertisers that everything is peachy keen.  I still really don’t think he understands who the product and the customers are.

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The rantings of an angry moron come back to bite him in the ass.

image.png.3fdf5391789149672beded46452ccb34.png

Parag Argawal and 3 other top twitter execs filed suit against elmo this week because he stole their $$$$ (refused to pay severance).

image.thumb.png.9a722bd3edf2026eca9bcba7d65b6da3.png

image.thumb.png.e00ebac401cc51fd6bcbfe08c6bdbdf8.png

link to lawsuit

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24457674-twitter-exec-lawsuit

Elon isn't just a cartoon villain.....he's a poorly written one.

0cb3ac_10dc46a5f9b1472f9696d8d53e917909~

• Haha 2

Attempt to save $200M in a $45B deal through outright breach of contract. That's less than half of 1 percent (.0044) - reneged on by Elmo, and now he'll get to go to court, likely pay their attorneys' fees, and perhaps damages. The lawsuit describes the lengthy details Mosk went to...it's repulsive and tedious, though of course involves using spacex workers to carry out Mosk's own dirty work.

Paragraph 90 is a lovely dig by Plaintiff's (Argawal, et al.) attorneys.

image.png.05d6c6f17860b7ae774026589091d410.png

• Haha 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The Cybertruck is such an execrable piece of garbage and Elon is becoming such and albatross at the same time other automakers are really creating EVs that are crave-worthy. And Tesla has not really been doing any development save this joke of a truck that can’t drive in rain.  Tesla has a lot of advantages most notably the Supercharger network but he’s well on the way to fucking up Tesla as the EV of record. 

Rivian recently released this hot number and I can’t imagine selecting any Tesla over this pending pricing:

image.jpeg.d1dac4ede2e75f05c6456e16425e5c69.jpeg

The new Dodge Charger will have to prove quality but I say in all seriousness I can’t believe it won’t be better than Tesla’s objectively.  It looks better and it will be competitive on price:

image.jpeg.e08a2c4e2165e5c2e2751af0f8ec5124.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/6/2024 at 12:05 PM, Planet Houston said:

I went to dinner at a nice restaurant in town the other night. Parked next to a CyberTruck. It had full matte black PPF on it - good move to save the paint, but hilarious that’s the only real option for protecting it. 

I thought to myself “I wonder what winner in here is driving that.” Then I proceed to the (small) bar and proceed to hear a guy sitting by himself in a full conversation about himself only - dating life, missed opportunities in BTC, people he should have fired, the while nine yards - at full volume on his AirPods. It wasn’t hard to figure out who the driver was.

The woooooooorst

Houston? If so, I think I may have seen the exact same truck downtown on Sunday. Matte black Cybertruck. First time I've seen one in the flesh. Looked like a prop from Demolition Man.

Direct quote to my wife "Jesus, that's the shittiest looking car I've ever seen. Can you imagine the douche that must be driving that thing?"

Now, with this info, I no longer have to imagine. 

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This really is a very simple hack that doesn't require a strong technical skillset.

The only drawback to stealing a Tesla like other vehicles is the tracking of the vehicle. I wouldn't recommend stealing a Tesla unless the goal was to just steal it and immediately drive it into a lake for lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Houston? If so, I think I may have seen the exact same truck downtown on Sunday. Matte black Cybertruck. First time I've seen one in the flesh. Looked like a prop from Demolition Man.

Direct quote to my wife "Jesus, that's the shittiest looking car I've ever seen. Can you imagine the douche that must be driving that thing?"

Now, with this info, I no longer have to imagine. 

Yep. This was at Kata Robata. 

39 minutes ago, F250 said:

This really is a very simple hack that doesn't require a strong technical skillset.

The only drawback to stealing a Tesla like other vehicles is the tracking of the vehicle. I wouldn't recommend stealing a Tesla unless the goal was to just steal it and immediately drive it into a lake for lulz.

Seems like a pretty simple software fix too.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Ya'll remember that Tesla video of the Cybertruck tugging an F-150?  Well, most of ya'll wouldn't be surprised...but it was staged:

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-cybertruck-embarrasses-itself-in-tug-of-war-with-1851317370

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted a video of a Cybertruck pulling an F-150 uphill in a game of tug-of-war in 2019, but when real people attempted a similar stuntwith a diesel Silverado HD, the stock Cybertruck disabled power. 

It turns out, the Cybertruck can’t tug without the CPU shutting the whole thing down, as Inside EVs reports:

Unfortunately, the Cybertuck can’t tug. Once the Silverado begins to pull the Cybertruck, some sort of failsafe kicks in and disables the motors/cuts power to the Cybertruck. This was a big letdown, especially since Tesla hyped the Cybertruck tug-of-war abilities during the debut. The Cybertruck does manage to pull the Silverado but only when its in park (with nobody inside the truck for some odd reason too).

In the video, you’ll see that they even disconnected the ABS sensors on the Cybertruck, but that still didn’t allow it to tug. Maybe there is a workaround? If so, we think someone will find it soon enough, so stay tuned to see if a tampered-with Cybertruck can tug-of-war.

It seems we may have been duped by Tesla and Elon Musk because replicating something like what’s seen in the video below doesn’t appear to be possible with a stock Cybertruck.

This is not the first time that Tesla doctored results to make its products look superior; as we covered previously, Tesla also intentionally misled the public when it claimed a Cybertruck would beat a Porsche 911 in a quarter-mile drag race while towing a Porsche 911. This kind of behavior is disappointing to see, but not surprising given the shifty nature of previous Tesla claims and the generally shifty nature of the company’s CEO Elon Musk.

This now marks the third time that Tesla and Elon Musk have knowingly bullshitted their respective ways into headlines, with the first time being back in 2016 when Tesla released a fake video showing fake self-driving capabilities. That was confirmed fake in 2023 when a Tesla engineer admitted it was a farce. Then, at the Cybertruck delivery event late last year, Tesla lied about the Cybertruck towing a Porsche 911 beating a 911 in a quarter-mile drag race. That was confirmed fake when “Engineering Explained” crunched some numbers and realized that Musk lied about the race taking place over a full quarter-mile, and likely used a base, manual transmission 911.

Flew home from Disney today.  Took 130 right past the Tesla factory.  Must've seen 4 or 5 cybertrucks  on 130.  

I swear I don't get it.  

I wouldn't trade my 2011 F150 for it.  

Edited by Post Oak

15 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Cybertruck is such an execrable piece of garbage and Elon is becoming such and albatross at the same time other automakers are really creating EVs that are crave-worthy. And Tesla has not really been doing any development save this joke of a truck that can’t drive in rain.  Tesla has a lot of advantages most notably the Supercharger network but he’s well on the way to fucking up Tesla as the EV of record. 

Rivian recently released this hot number and I can’t imagine selecting any Tesla over this pending pricing:

image.jpeg.d1dac4ede2e75f05c6456e16425e5c69.jpeg

The new Dodge Charger will have to prove quality but I say in all seriousness I can’t believe it won’t be better than Tesla’s objectively.  It looks better and it will be competitive on price:

image.jpeg.e08a2c4e2165e5c2e2751af0f8ec5124.jpeg

15 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

That Rivian looks familiar. 

1993-lancia-dDelta-integrale-evo-ii-profile.jpg.a35863eb322ae8c9f6c2be76705cdcea.jpg

Not going to lie, not a big fan of that Rivian. I really like their bigger SUV. Their truck looks fine, it's just too fucking small. That need to make a model that is the size of an F150, no a Ranger or Maverick. 

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That need to make a model that is the size of an F150, no a Ranger or Maverick. 

Bigger vehicle body = more weight = less range, unless you're spending a bunch of money for more batteries. 

IMO, cars are going the wrong way. They shouldn't be massive boxy slabs on wheels that stick out a couple feet from your parking space. They've only become that way because of poorly written emissions regulations that have looser rules if a vehicle is heavy enough. 

Plus, a smaller car means a cheaper bill of materials to build it which is more sustainable and affordable

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Bigger vehicle body = more weight = less range, unless you're spending a bunch of money for more batteries. 

IMO, cars are going the wrong way. They shouldn't be massive boxy slabs on wheels that stick out a couple feet from your parking space. They've only become that way because of poorly written emissions regulations that have looser rules if a vehicle is heavy enough. 

Plus, a smaller car means a cheaper bill of materials to build it which is more sustainable and affordable

You're arguing to me about something you *think* my point or line of thought is, but I assure you it's not where your head is going. I didn't attempt to prompt some discussion about distance or range, batteries required, or however the fuck your philosophical leanings on where cars should be going being expressed. I wasn't looking for a dicussion on materials and bills.

If they want to sell trucks, make something cool that looks and is the size of popular truck models. The Ford Lighnting looks like a normal sized F150, so lets not pretend this engineering isn't fucking possible. The Rivian truck looks small compared to an F150 or Silverado, and those are the standards for trucks. You want to sell something, make it in the size that's popular. Whining about battery range when the analogs who are buying ICE trucks right now sure don't give a fuck about gas mileage doesn't strike me as an argument that has merit.

As for the idea of what cars should be doing, or going, and what their purpose is, well, everyone's going to have different opinions on that. And there are going to be electric cars and trucks of all different shapes and sizes to cater to those people as well. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You're arguing to me about something you *think* my point or line of thought is, but I assure you it's not where your head is going. I didn't attempt to prompt some discussion about distance or range, batteries required, or however the fuck your philosophical leanings on where cars should be going being expressed. I wasn't looking for a dicussion on materials and bills.

Woah dude, I didn't feel like I was coming at you hot or aggressively or anything, sorry my tastes don't align with yours I guess. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

If they want to sell trucks, make something cool that looks and is the size of popular truck models. The Ford Lighnting looks like a normal sized F150, so lets not pretend this engineering isn't fucking possible. The Rivian truck looks small compared to an F150 or Silverado, and those are the standards for trucks. You want to sell something, make it in the size that's popular. Whining about battery range when the analogs who are buying ICE trucks right now sure don't give a fuck about gas mileage doesn't strike me as an argument that has merit.

Well it's moreso that things get more and more expensive as vehicles get larger - and IIRC, trucks and the vehicle market in general are struggling because of prices becoming too high for most car buyers. 

Jesus Christ, Sid. Who pissed in your cheerios this morning? 

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Woah dude, I didn't feel like I was coming at you hot or aggressively or anything, sorry my tastes don't align with yours I guess. 

Well it's moreso that things get more and more expensive as vehicles get larger - and IIRC, trucks and the vehicle market in general are struggling because of prices becoming too high for most car buyers. 

Man, you've been a poster on here a long time. I realize that I use profanity excessively. This is one of those isntances where while I used it, I wasn't being overly aggressive. More dismissive. And that's on my to clear up with posts like this. But yeah, I wasn't trying to be overly aggressive, just illustrating exactly what you said: Our tastes don't align. We're good. 

While there is plenty of discussion to be had on how the car industry doesn't make new cars for people without money anymore (that market is solely the used car market, more or less), I think that's a different dicussion. Cars are routinely, insanely, in the 70-120 range now for things that aren't even super/sports cars. It's insane. But as a result, I don't think money really has a part in this conversations. Rivians are ALREADY expensive AF. Ford Lightning's are expensive AF. Sadly, capitalism isn't intersted in catering to the middle or lower class. I'm not sure the car market is "struggling." I think it's working as they've designed/chosen. Sadly. 

Ha, no one man. I'm just a potty-mouthed motherfucker. I'm actually in a pretty good mood today. Sorry man. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

1) I guess you haven't heard - from now on, all Cheerios come pre-pissed-in.

2) It's the newest breakfast feature brought to us by Elon.  His fanbois assure me that the pissed-in Cheerios are indeed superior to all other Cheerios, and only beta soyboy cucks eat Cheerios with milk now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

As for the idea of what cars should be doing, or going, and what their purpose is, well, everyone's going to have different opinions on that. And there are going to be electric cars and trucks of all different shapes and sizes to cater to those people as well. 

I know the majority of truck owners don't do truck things with their trucks, but if you do EV isn't really an option.  Unless there is a charger at the boat launch, I can probably only take my boat 30-50 miles away in a Lightning if I want to get back.