Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don’t see what’s in it for him. This can’t be just about taxes. 

Especially given how many tens or hundreds of millions he’s gotten from the government for SpaceX (not to mention incentives for Teslas).

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

That's what I don't get.  Rural poors and generally disaffected people, ok, maybe, but this guy has more money than he knows what to do with.  What grievances could he possibly have?

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Imagine being one of the world's wealthiest people, capable of buying or doing virtually anything, yet somehow believing you're the victim and that life has been unfair to you.

No fucking kidding.  Why is he spending all hours of the day posting stupid shit for incels on Twitter when he could be on a private island or yacht or hanging out in the world’s better cities and locales?

But no, he’s gotta be hanging out in Austin in March giving interviews to Don Lemon and then getting pissed off when he gets asked questions he knew were coming , or posting dumbfuck Qanon shit.

Give me $10 million and you won’t hear from me again outside of maybe a few paparazzi photos or Interpol notices.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

I will note that this is much bigger than just Musk, it's a ton of these guys.

The only thing I can think is fear. A threat to the perceived world order that could potentially take away their riches and power. They only see this as a zero sum game - if someone else has success, someone else has to lose, and since they are at the top, it must be them.

Power, or more than likely the climb to the top, has deluded them. Along their climb to the top there were winners and losers. They see that winner/loser dynamic as still carrying over into the here now. They don't get that winners and losers of the climb/falls were just the markets sorting things out. They didn't win because others lost, they won because they were lucky enough to make the products that the people needed/wanted.

They take this view to be fighting for percentages of a pie, and its all about keeping your slice or making it bigger, taking away from someone else. They don't seem to get that with the pie growing, you can lose a small bit of marketshare and still grow what you bring in.

When you see the world like this, minority groups looking to gain something are a threat - and thus you have a grievance.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

This is also 30+ years of partizan news making everything an us vs them debate. You poor people have a problem, THEY (insert your least favorite minority group here) caused it! Direct your anger at them. Divide people and make them fight each other and the real problems of the world (usually caused by those with the messaging) just keep getting worse. And people direct their grievances at the wrong targets.

image.thumb.png.3ba6ea227f26b82edbca6ad6a00d9b48.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 3

This is an excellent thread of hilarious ads

i've gotten a ton of the MuskCoin things recently

these knockoff toe shoes are the ones i've been getting recently also

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I mean, Paul Atreides is the product of centuries of eugenics attempting to bring about a messiah figure to lead humanity on the golden path... So that doesn't seem all that out of line with elmos brand of crazy?

Boy, will we look stupid if X turns out to be a charismatic leader that starts a jihad

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I mean, Paul Atreides is the product of centuries of eugenics attempting to bring about a messiah figure to lead humanity on the golden path... So that doesn't seem all that out of line with elmos brand of crazy?

Boy, will we look stupid if X turns out to be a charismatic leader that starts a jihad

Or he takes over a quarter of the Earth after the Eugenics Wars, and we ship his ass off on a sleeper ship to Ceti Alpha V.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or he takes over a quarter of the Earth after the Eugenics Wars, and we ship his ass off on a sleeper ship to Ceti Alpha V.

once your cat puts on the transparent globe over his head, they insert the earworm, so your pet is now under Elon’s control

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

once your cat puts on the transparent globe over his head, they insert the earworm, so your pet is now under Elon’s control

love the neti pot for cats. or the car wash. whatever it is it fucking rocks

On 2/15/2024 at 9:03 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

True, true. With the addition of @atomheartbevo's tweet (Liam Neeson) post above, I think the Cybergs are envisioning themselves in a Mad Max Fury Road role w/o considering that apocalyptic environments are bad for one's well-being.

you know what else apocalyptic environments are bad for? Providing electricity along a convenient network to charge your rust bucket.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No fucking kidding.  Why is he spending all hours of the day posting stupid shit for incels on Twitter when he could be on a private island or yacht or hanging out in the world’s better cities and locales?

Why, indeed.

OXXTL7J54RFKHPUCBSCHIWQXCM.jpg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

love the neti pot for cats. or the car wash. whatever it is it fucking rocks

Speaking of cats and car washes, putting your cat in a pet carrier, strapping it to the top of your car, and driving through a car wash may seem like a great way to get a cat clean, but it’s also considered animal cruelty in Texas which is a felony.

Kobe Bryant Yes GIF

I have a suggestion for a huge improvement to Xwitter, I would like to screen what I see to only sports - actually I have sworn off X and it has been at least 6 months since I've been on, but I may log back in for March Madness.

I don't want to see and political crap, or investing/finance crap, or what Egon has done or said; hell I might pay a $1 or 2 just to see what I want, not what other people like. OR should I just stay away from it, it had turned into a shit show with paid blue check marks and other Egonistic mistakes..

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Holy shit he’s more of a snowflake than I thought.  And he still doesn’t understand the First Amendment after all this time.

“Choose your questions carefully”

”you are upsetting me”

IMG_4259.thumb.jpeg.85b144abf2658c19825e5184ec614fce.jpeg

and from a recap of the episode lol

IMG_4260.thumb.jpeg.58543a6865430eef954dc00226372fd0.jpeg
IMG_4261.thumb.jpeg.6fdbdbb1fbe708b1eb6dfe4b7f71af8d.jpeg

this last one is incredible, what an insufferable cunt.

IMG_4262.thumb.jpeg.b2ce98436c52987b744b11a536e02ef1.jpeg

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, NoName said:

from a recap of the episode lol

IMG_4260.thumb.jpeg.58543a6865430eef954dc00226372fd0.jpeg

Hate speech is NOT allowed on twitter, at least if you are naming a neo-Nazi from Spring, Texas - it'll get your account nuked.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

this last one is incredible, what an insufferable cunt.

IMG_4262.thumb.jpeg.b2ce98436c52987b744b11a536e02ef1.jpeg

Yep, like I said, he doesn't understand the First Amendment (didn't he have to take some kind of civics test to become a citizen?

• Hook 'Em 3

He’s such a joke

”We are all descended from slaves”

”Let’s just move on” (regarding racism) like a true libertarian moron. “Let’s just treat everyone equally”. Lemon is like, um, we all agree with that but that is nor happening, there is evidence its not happening, so for you to tell people to move on is insulting 

lol

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Holy shit he’s more of a snowflake than I thought.  And he still doesn’t understand the First Amendment after all this time.

“Choose your questions carefully”

”you are upsetting me”

Jesus Christ, Elon Musk is a fucking idiot and this interview just exposes him and puts him in such a bad light.

First - I would love someone to fact check this whole interview - it would be a fascinating breakdown, that probably would not look good for Elon. I can't fathom how many Pinocchios that the WashPo would rate this interview 

image.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.png

But as a whole, you know what he reminds me of? That idiot guy you knew back in first or second year in college in the dorms that would debate you and "get" you on stupid semantics or logical fallacies (before we understood they weren't valid arguments). 

43 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

a true libertarian moron

This really nails so much of his arguments.

Where to even begin? I think the DEI debate is as good of a place to start as any, because it seemed to be a really high point of Musk's argument making zero sense. He was throwing out a hypothetical argument about lowering standards killing people. To which Lemon pressed wasn't happening, so why imply it was happen. Elon responds with his lame: "I didn't say it's happening ... I said it will. I said if we lower status people will die." It was really sad to watch. Throwing out a hypothetical just to give yourself some layer of defense, "I didn't say that, I said IF ..." ... really? That's what you're going with Elon? And it was tiring because the whole 12+ minute thing was a lot of that. And citing something about Duke lowering the standards of becoming a doctor - something that also makes no sense since they only educate, they don't let you be a doctor. It should also be noted - there is doesn't appear to be anything that backs up this claim about Duke doing anything of the sort.

His arguments about slavery and racism were also so pathetic too. "I think we we we want to look to the future rather than the past" "Everyone was a slave okay? We are all descended from slaves." "If we keep talking about [slavery] non-stop it will never go away." And yeah, to tell anyone, especially a black person, they should just move on when it comes to racism - really?

I also love in all of that in all of the DEI/racism/trans discussions, he says something to the effect that we should care about people integrity? Him a man of such high integrity. Let's see:

And those were the quick, easy ones to find in a quick search - I know there are a ton of other things that could be used as examples.

What about the advertiser thing where Lemon just nails him?

Lemon: "You said that [advertisers] are killing the company. But you're the head of the company the buck doesn't stop with you?"
Elon: "I acquired X in order to preserve freedom of speech in America the First Amendment and I'm going to stick to that and if that means making less money so be it"
Lemon: "I mean wouldn't you say the buck stops with the President of the United States regardless of what happens right?"
[Elon was nods yes]
Lemon "So I why would that question upset you? You seem upset by it, are you?"
Elon: "Well you are upsetting me because the way you're phrasing questions I think is is not cogent."

WHAT THE FUCK dude? Not Cogent? I think he just put together a very basic He's the leader, the buck stops with him; you're the leader, why doesn't the buck stop with you? Example, and Elon got pissed because he was nailed to the fucking wall with that one.

I have read some articles and such that say things to the effect that "Elon got over because Don Lemon just didn't understand." Lemon didn't understand because most of Elon's arguments didn't make any fucking sense!!! He talked in word salads, and platitudes. "I care about the reality of goodness, not the perception of it." It was all over the top.

Oh, and I really loved the talk about the Roadster, I'm not sure which was the most far fetched claim he made: 0-60 in under 1 second of the fact that they will deliver it by the end of this year. SpaceX-Tesla colaboration?

image.thumb.png.71c4533325ded8fef52439af3e83c0b6.png

And even calling the Cybertruck a "once in a decade product" was fucking rich. No dude, it's a truck and it's electric. So you made it look different ... AND? It's still a truck, a mode of transportation that's been made for decades. The iPhone was a "once in a ____" product because until then because it invented a whole new market. Jobs could do that, you just take something and change it a little "ONCE IN A DECADE!!!" I finished the Issacson book on Jobs a few weeks ago, all I can say is that Elon isn't even close to being in the same class as Jobs.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

And even calling the Cybertruck a "once in a decade product" was fucking rich. No dude, it's a truck and it's electric. So you made it look different ... AND? It's still a truck, a mode of transportation that's been made for decades. The iPhone was a "once in a ____" product because until then because it invented a whole new market. Jobs could do that, you just take something and change it a little "ONCE IN A DECADE!!!" I finished the Issacson book on Jobs a few weeks ago, all I can say is that Elon isn't even close to being in the same class as Jobs.

It doesn't seem to have tow hooks, it has a ridiculously small bed, which goes away if you buy a spare tire that can only be stored in the truck bed, because God forbid you have a problem with a tire and have to change a tire on the side of the road in the middle of Bumfuck, nowhere.  And numerous other things, none of which make people think "wow, that's new and works so much better than the F-150 I normally drive!"  Unless paying thousands of dollars extra for a tent that looks like shit is revolutionary.

I suffered through pre-iPhone smartphone and PDA hell (Windows CE/Mobile/PocketPC, Palm, some Java-based phones, etc.) and when I saw the iPhone, I was like "yup, Apple did it."   It was lightning bolt fast for me to realize the difference between the Before Times and the iPhone.  There has been nothing about the CyberTruck that leaves me with that feeling and every time I see one now, it just reinforces that the Rivian looks better.

• Hook 'Em 5

I couldn't make it more than 10 minutes into that interview. Lemon sucks, and Elon is so awkward and red-pilled and hopeless. 

Guys, I've got a billion dollar app idea. It's called 2014 Twitter. Moderate the shit out of it, bring back the lulz and newsfeed aspect. The problem with places like bluesky is it was created as a political counterpart to Twitter. All I want is legitimate newsfeed(movies/TV, sports, music, basic politics) and people being funny. Free for everyone, no paid for blue checks, and wipe out the bots. No payouts for engagement or going viral. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Jesus Christ, Elon Musk is a fucking idiot and this interview just exposes him and puts him in such a bad light.

First - I would love someone to fact check this whole interview - it would be a fascinating breakdown, that probably would not look good for Elon. I can't fathom how many Pinocchios that the WashPo would rate this interview 

image.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.pngimage.png.f34bcae39ab962410466b0b2b634cdb7.png

But as a whole, you know what he reminds me of? That idiot guy you knew back in first or second year in college in the dorms that would debate you and "get" you on stupid semantics or logical fallacies (before we understood they weren't valid arguments). 

This really nails so much of his arguments.

Where to even begin? I think the DEI debate is as good of a place to start as any, because it seemed to be a really high point of Musk's argument making zero sense. He was throwing out a hypothetical argument about lowering standards killing people. To which Lemon pressed wasn't happening, so why imply it was happen. Elon responds with his lame: "I didn't say it's happening ... I said it will. I said if we lower status people will die." It was really sad to watch. Throwing out a hypothetical just to give yourself some layer of defense, "I didn't say that, I said IF ..." ... really? That's what you're going with Elon? And it was tiring because the whole 12+ minute thing was a lot of that. And citing something about Duke lowering the standards of becoming a doctor - something that also makes no sense since they only educate, they don't let you be a doctor. It should also be noted - there is doesn't appear to be anything that backs up this claim about Duke doing anything of the sort.

His arguments about slavery and racism were also so pathetic too. "I think we we we want to look to the future rather than the past" "Everyone was a slave okay? We are all descended from slaves." "If we keep talking about [slavery] non-stop it will never go away." And yeah, to tell anyone, especially a black person, they should just move on when it comes to racism - really?

I also love in all of that in all of the DEI/racism/trans discussions, he says something to the effect that we should care about people integrity? Him a man of such high integrity. Let's see:

And those were the quick, easy ones to find in a quick search - I know there are a ton of other things that could be used as examples.

What about the advertiser thing where Lemon just nails him?

Lemon: "You said that [advertisers] are killing the company. But you're the head of the company the buck doesn't stop with you?"
Elon: "I acquired X in order to preserve freedom of speech in America the First Amendment and I'm going to stick to that and if that means making less money so be it"
Lemon: "I mean wouldn't you say the buck stops with the President of the United States regardless of what happens right?"
[Elon was nods yes]
Lemon "So I why would that question upset you? You seem upset by it, are you?"
Elon: "Well you are upsetting me because the way you're phrasing questions I think is is not cogent."

WHAT THE FUCK dude? Not Cogent? I think he just put together a very basic He's the leader, the buck stops with him; you're the leader, why doesn't the buck stop with you? Example, and Elon got pissed because he was nailed to the fucking wall with that one.

I have read some articles and such that say things to the effect that "Elon got over because Don Lemon just didn't understand." Lemon didn't understand because most of Elon's arguments didn't make any fucking sense!!! He talked in word salads, and platitudes. "I care about the reality of goodness, not the perception of it." It was all over the top.

Oh, and I really loved the talk about the Roadster, I'm not sure which was the most far fetched claim he made: 0-60 in under 1 second of the fact that they will deliver it by the end of this year. SpaceX-Tesla colaboration?

image.thumb.png.71c4533325ded8fef52439af3e83c0b6.png

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, 'stache said:

For when all those tech bros knock up tech girls and have kids, the cyber minivan. Completely revolutionary.

image.jpeg.0bef3a7b7578772021245c7259138dcf.jpeg

If you hit a pedestrian at the right speed with that thing, they kind of just roll up the hood and over the windshield and roof without scratching anything.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you hit a pedestrian at the right speed with that thing, they kind of just roll up the hood and over the windshield and roof without scratching anything.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Useful for those woke protesters that like to block streets. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

“I have a room full of people waiting to talk to me” 

PUT IT ON MY GRAVESTONE 

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Neither of those guys acquit themselves well in the interview.  Hard to say good things about either of them.

one guy looked significantly worse than the other in the interview - hint: it wasn't this guy

Spoiler

Don Lemon Smile GIF by Chelsea Handler

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

All things considered, I can't really see how this could have worked out better for Don Lemon:

1. You look smart despite not actually being smart
  2. An otherwise boring interview has more sizzle due to the interviewee's softness
  3. You're no longer contractually bound to a joke platform that's hemorrhaging users by the day
  4. Musk's attempts to get ahead of the "story" did nothing cause a massive Streisand Effect driving up interest of the interview before it was published
  5. Story got so big that MSM outlets have to cover it and have to book Don Lemon as a guest right at the time Don Lemon could most use the publicity

c1f.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Neither of those guys acquit themselves well in the interview.  Hard to say good things about either of them.

Excellent and very clear "both sides" argument. 

Advantage: push. 

Nothing to see hear. Move on. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I think if anybody is in that situation, while I would like them to press Musk on his stupid shit more than Lemon did, I think the end goal should be to just get Musk to talk as much as possible,

Musk was basically Nathan Thurm

snl-nathan-thurm.gif

saturday-night-live-snl.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4