Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

11 hours ago, philsjwfu said:

Just watched Sandler's special with the wife and we both really enjoyed it. The last 10 minutes were really good. We both saw him at Wake around '98 or so, he still looks exactly the same

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

I just watched last night. I actually turned it off with ten or 15 minutes to go. I’ll need to go back and finish. 

Reallt liked it.  Lots of laugh out loud moments.  Also, he has middle aged into John Turturro. 

On 11/7/2018 at 9:22 PM, philsjwfu said:

Just watched Sandler's special with the wife and we both really enjoyed it. The last 10 minutes were really good. We both saw him at Wake around '98 or so, he still looks exactly the same

Enviado desde mi SM-G950U mediante Tapatalk

Last 10 minutes were good, but the first hour was pretty hit or miss. Some was plain bad. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:23 PM, Guadaloopy said:

Yep.  He found his funny again.  Room got dusty for the last 10 minutes or so.  Good stuff.  

I’m going to have to go back and watch the end.  I’m a Sadler fan but I quit after a little over quarter of the way thruough and a few days later tried to keep going but that shit was horrible....   Non stop bad songs that tell terrible jokes.   I’ll give the rest a try but so I don’t see it.

Outlaw king wasn't terrible. Some decent battles scenes, but there were two distracting issues

1: they completely changed edward II into a sadistic but capable fighter/leader. in reality he was a weak ruler who allowed his wife to overthrow and kill him (by sticking a hot poker up his ass). braveheart was actually more accurate in the portrayal of him.

2: 

Spoiler

completely idiotic ending with Robert allowing edward II to just walk off the final battlefield. why in the world wouldn't you take him prisoner and use him to win scotland's freedom and get your family back? weird plothole. just seemed sloppy. 

• Like 1

Outlaw king wasn't terrible. Some decent battles scenes, but there were two distracting issues
1: they completely changed edward II into a sadistic but capable fighter/leader. in reality he was a weak ruler who allowed his wife to overthrow and kill him (by sticking a hot poker up his ass). braveheart was actually more accurate in the portrayal of him.
2: 
Spoiler completely idiotic ending with Robert allowing edward II to just walk off the final battlefield. why in the world wouldn't you take him prisoner and use him to win scotland's freedom and get your family back? weird plothole. just seemed sloppy. 

There is zero evidence he was killed with a hot poker. Most analyst say he either died of natural causes or was possible strangled

16 hours ago, PokerFace said:

2: 

Hide contents

completely idiotic ending with Robert allowing edward II to just walk off the final battlefield. why in the world wouldn't you take him prisoner and use him to win scotland's freedom and get your family back? weird plothole. just seemed sloppy. 

Also they had a sweet trebuchet and we only got to see it fire off one shot.

15 hours ago, Mileslong said:

There is zero evidence he was killed with a hot poker. Most analyst say he either died of natural causes or was possible strangled

Yeah, I know. But people still continue the rumor when you visit Berkeley Castle, and if nothing else it's memorable. Was still a pretty shitty king. 

Yeah, I know. But people still continue the rumor when you visit Berkeley Castle, and if nothing else it's memorable. Was still a pretty shitty king. 

Yeah that would be cool to visit. I’ve been all over Europe but never to the British Isles. I love English and French history and it’s on my list

On 11/10/2018 at 5:05 PM, PokerFace said:

2: 

Hide contents

I also thought point two was dumb. I really liked the movie, but that part was nonsensical. 

Definitely not for everyone, but if you are into cooking from the past in old castles, Lords and Ladles was pretty good.
"Three of Ireland's top chefs -- Derry Clarke, Catherine Fulvio and Paul Flynn -- gather at opulent country manors to re-create banquets from the past."
It's not bad, reminds.me of the guy from Americas test kitchen, when he started milk street, he and his team did a 12 course meal the old Victorian way.