immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I get teased daily that I’m the Rainey Street Ripper. I mean it’s cool bc now my inbox isn’t flooded with crap anymore. Plus, I’m notorious now.

I’ve been on X lately a lot more bc I’m following a case of a young boy in Tennessee who went missing. He has autism. Someone very close to me has autism and this particular case strikes a chord with me. At any rate, most people are good people that follow this case.

but There are a few though that will find every tweet you make and attack you for thinking his mom/stepdad might be guilty. I used to respond to those attacks. It’s not like they stopped attacking and they agreed with me they just kept posting and attacking and I’d attack back.

and it derailed a very good thread regarding theories and information on this young boy. Finding him is so important. After that I no longer acknowledge. I just ignore. And keep ignoring. I don’t block anyone on the chance they might have good info but now that I ignore people instead of trying to make them agree with me, it doesn’t bother me anymore and it won’t derail threads. The OP can deal with it. Jmo. My two cents that no one asked for ever. 

Looking forward to returning to Austin at some point and hanging out in the entertainment district. Check out the lake and order some Chilean sea bass (the epitome of class and elegance in fine dining.) 

IMG_9329.jpeg

You don’t deny that you are the Rainey Street Ripper throughout your long post. Interesting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

So is this thread gonna disappear or not?

In death, a member of Project Surly has a name. His name is Derka Derka. His name is Derka Derka. His name is Derka Derka. His name is Derka Derka. His name is Derka Derka.

• Haha 4

I guess I don't pay attention, but I just realized that there is a shadow operative and a shadow operative 2.0

mind blown. I guess I just never focused on the 2.0 and thought they were the same person. Maybe they are . who knows.

• Haha 1

Sad Doctor Who GIF

i assume derka has been banned or will be banned now? I really don’t follow the threads where any of this shit goes down so I don’t have a good sense of it, but either way - best of luck dude. I’ll always remember being new and thinking you were the black guy in your rap video.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

i assume derka has been banned or will be banned now? I really don’t follow the threads where any of this shit goes down so I don’t have a good sense of it, but either way - best of luck dude. I’ll always remember being new and thinking you were the black guy in your rap video.

I've seen a post or two from him over the last couple days.  Like sands through the hourglass, so are the Derkas of our lives. 

13 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

I guess I don't pay attention, but I just realized that there is a shadow operative and a shadow operative 2.0

I seriously wonder how some of you dress yourselves in the morning. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

I ain't reading 11 pages. Who was being toxic?

Also, can I get my account deleted? I'd do it myself but can't find the option. 

Kthxbai.

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I seriously wonder how some of you dress yourselves in the morning. 

I will most assuredly not pay any closer attention in the future. Majority number of times I can't align usernames with posts anyway. Just don't care

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Also, can I get my account deleted? I'd do it myself but can't find the option. 

Kthxbai.

PM shadow operative 3.0

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

You have 3 sides to this story. Derka’s, Motown’s and the truth.

Reading this over the weekend, especially the examples posted by both sides, I realized that this really looks like standard message board banter that both sides appear to have taken way too personally.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Reading this over the weekend, especially the examples posted by both sides, I realized that this really looks like standard message board banter that both sides appear to have taken way too personally.

I agree it was standard message board banter that one side took way too personally. I didn't take it personally at all. I wasn't PMing mods and devising a scheme to get Derka banned. 

I didn't ask for Derka to be banned, I didn't try to get Derka banned, and I don't even want Derka to be banned.  That was all on him.

All he had to do was click the ignore button and not be an enormous dick to the site owner.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Yup and only 1 side of both of those sides decided to take it out on the owner. But hey he's the bullied guy, right? right? Nah....Derka was a bully that cries wolf anytime someone goes at him the same way he goes after other people.  Net positive for the board that fuck is gone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i've been on these boards for 25 years.  this is not "the internet", and should never be dismissed as that, especially to excuse or allow what might be labeled "typical and unavoidable online bullying".  this is not elon's twitter.  this is not reddit.  

this is a community, and always has been.  i know many of you in real life.  some i knew before and separately from these sites, and others since.  i've met a whole bunch more out in the world just once or twice.  i've met some of you for lunch, a beer, scored coke for one of you, and connected another of you with a midget for a bachelor party in vegas.  rip donny.

i am friends with derka.  not "friendly", friends.  i knew he and bob had been meeting and working on things, and i thought that was great of bob to do, and i know derka appreciated it.  i did not become friends with derka to help him through his mental issues, i became friends with him because i like him and we have a lot in common and i enjoy talking sports and tv shows with him.  we text most every day.  i've texted with his mom, and she is a wonderful and supportive human being.  happy birthday, betsy.

derka gets worked up here, like others do at home, a sporting event, a bar, or a grocery store.  everyone has their outlets.  that's who he is, and if you don't think he's worked hard and gotten a shit-ton better over the years, you haven't been paying attention. 

derka has an issue letting things go and settling back down from a worked-up state.  he'd be the first to admit this.  he has bitten his tongue, so to speak, dozens, if not hundreds of times, when people would antagonize him.  it's bullshit it was happening to begin with, but he was doing his best not to exacerbate the issue.  what you've seen from him on this site is not perfect, but it was the best he could do, and i consider it admirable.  again, i'm his friend, so i am a biased commenter here.

there's nothing about this situation that doesn't suck.  i think most of us are on the same page on that.  surly is not groupthink.  it's not an echo chamber.  even the cloak room isn't that way, though it's often characterized as such.  anyone who says that hasn't been over there in several years. 

there are lots of opinions, lots of discussions, and lots of characters that fill out this community.  but there's only one derka. 

immamac is trying to change that, and i disagree mightily with this decision.  it also sucked that it was made in advance, which makes this even more inexcusable.  flying off the handle and making a rash decision at least could be understood, if not justified.  yes, it is his decision to make, no one is disputing whether he has that ability.  yes, it sucks that derka and bob were on the road to recovery, and immamac stepped in and reversed that progress. 

ironically, this type of reversal is exactly the type of thing that drives derka over the edge.  he jumped through the hoops, he did the work, he shared himself, he was honest and self-deprecating about it. 

and now he's told no, it's easier just to rid ourselves of you. 

someone upthread called derka a cancer.  i know because i negged him.  it's probably my 2nd or 3rd ever neg-rep and i stand by it.  cancer needs to be removed to make the body stronger.  that's not what's happening here.

if derka is gone for good, it will make things worse.  worse for him and worse for this community.  from reading through this thread, it's pretty obvious that i'm not alone in this opinion.

a few pages ago, immamac said that sometimes derka would get banned, and he would get pm's asking for him to be reinstated, because derka had asked people to do this.  as someone who has sent one of those pm's, i can say i was not asked to do so.  if you know derka at all, you would know he doesn't go around begging others to fight his battles.  shit, how could anyone not know this?  i saw what happened and sent those messages on my own accord, because while i don't always do what's right, i always know what's right.

and this is not right.  reinstate him.  it's what's right.

85c6358e-4ff7-4c8a-b83b-98ead5d494ca_tex

and really, what is this place if not a very large online version of the gang?

Shit, and I thought it was serious business over on the "Women over 40" thread when I said Eva Longoria was average w/o make-up, but this?

This is something on a level I never imagined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1