Interstellar re-release

iodeac

Interstellar is either my first or second favorite movie and I was pretty pumped to find out that it's being re-released in a few weeks at certain Regal cinemas. Not sure if it's nationwide but I'm planning to see it close to Charlotte. I think it's part of a Christopher Nolan thing since the same theater is showing Inception a week later. I'm still holding out hope that they release it in Imax later this year since this year marks its 10-year anniversary. My wife knows I love the movie and bought me the screenplay for Christmas this past year.

What do you Horns think of the movie? I still don't understand all the physics but I love the story and of course the music is incredible being Hans Zimmer.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

Great , great film. But I think Inception is better. Amazing cast and a super interesting idea. 

That said, MM kills it and evil Matt Damon is more f***ed than Ripley. Hathaway also great. Maybe her best performance… but still can’t touch Leo, Cillian, Hardy, Watanabe, Caine, and Cotillard cooking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Great , great film. But I think Inception is better. Amazing cast and a super interesting idea. 

That said, MM kills it and evil Matt Damon is more f***ed than Ripley. Hathaway also great. Maybe her best performance… but still can’t touch Leo, Cillian, Hardy, Watanabe, Caine, and Cotillard cooking. 
I was just talking about this with my wife. I love Inception too and thought the use of dreams was really cool, but I see it as more of an action movie, almost like a video game with the snow level, shootouts, etc.

I think Interstellar's themes hit a lot harder with dealing with the end of the world, famine,etc as well as the survival drive like through Mann's character. I also loved how it incorporated footage from Ken Burns' documentary at the beginning. Looking forward to seeing them both again on the big screen in a few weeks
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, iodeac said:

Interstellar is either my first or second favorite movie and I was pretty pumped to find out that it's being re-released in a few weeks at certain Regal cinemas.

Looks like they showed it at the Bullock Imax last year, now I’m disappointed I missed it.  

you got a link?  all I’m seeing is november. 
Try going to regmovies.com and search for interstellar. For example on April 17th there are about five theaters showing it around my area in NC. I think it's one day only
  • Hook 'Em 1

It's a good movie. I don't find it particularly rewatchable for whatever reason. Zimmer crushes it - maybe his best ever.

In tiers:

The Dark Knight

Oppenheimer 

The Prestige

Inception

Batman Begins

Interstellar

The Dark Knight Rises 

Dunkirk

The rest (I haven't seen memento in awhile - need to watch it again to slot it in)

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's a good movie. I don't find it particularly rewatchable for whatever reason. Zimmer crushes it - maybe his best ever.

In tiers:

The Dark Knight

Oppenheimer 

The Prestige

Inception

Batman Begins

Interstellar

The Dark Knight Rises 

Dunkirk

The rest (I haven't seen memento in awhile - need to watch it again to slot it in)

Memento was legitimately one of the top 10 worst movies I’ve ever seen. Boring and made 0 sense. Dark knight rises is up there too, it’s fucking stupid and horrible. The rest of his movies all range from very good to incredible. 

• Haha 1

Just now, futureman said:

why the fuck does everyone think the prestige is so great?  it’s ok.  am I misremembering?

It’s my personal favorite of his. On the 2nd viewing you pick up on so many hints and clues that give away the ending, driving home the theme that the audience wants to be fooled even when the answer is right in front of them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

why the fuck does everyone think the prestige is so great?  it’s ok.  am I misremembering?

The Prestige is fucking awesome. I probably would rank it 3rd after his unassaliable top 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It’s my personal favorite of his. On the 2nd viewing you pick up on so many hints and clues that give away the ending, driving home the theme that the audience wants to be fooled even when the answer is right in front of them. 

The 2nd time I saw it I had forgotten the twist so I got to enjoy it twice. 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

5 hours ago, aggie08 said:

This movie is so good, I only roll my eyes a little bit during Anne Hathaway's "love is the 4th dimension" spiel.

This. I really like a lot about it but that scene is so stupid it pretty much eliminates it from any “best of” lists for me. 

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Amazing movie.  But as a Girl dad. It fucking wrecks me. 

Unless you've got some deep space Anne Hathaway tail waiting for you. Then, a quick hospital visit after spending 80 of your daughter's years getting back to her will suffice before boarding the ship to pound town. Understandable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

This. I really like a lot about it but that scene is so stupid it pretty much eliminates it from any “best of” lists for me. 

Funny. It's the McCoughnagey (sp - drunk) and Lithgow cheese that makes me knock it down a level or two.

The Prestige is fucking awesome. I probably would rank it 3rd after his unassaliable top 2.

The Prestige is incredible. I had the hardest time getting my kids to watch it all the way through but once they finally did - it was the biggest “holy shit that’s awesome” moment.

Interstellar outranks it for me just a bit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Memento > The Prestige > Oppenheimer > Interstellar > Batman Begins > Insomnia > Inception > Dunkirk > The Dark Knight > Following > Tenet

Memento has a neat gimmick but putting it atop all other Nolan films is too much imo. I recently rewatched it and it’s good for what it is but nowhere near as gripping at some of his later work. To me.

Then again I’ve seen Oppenheimer twice and it’s not top tier for me so what do I know. I also liked Tenet.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 4/6/2024 at 7:50 PM, futureman said:

I love The Prestige.

On 4/6/2024 at 8:58 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

Amazing movie.  But as a Girl dad. It fucking wrecks me. 

Want to turn me into a blubbering mess on the couch? Cue/queue up the last 20 minutes of Interstellar. Great movie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 10:17 AM, Red Five said:

I really liked it, but to this day have only seen it once. The dad/daughter stuff was just too much. 

Replace what you're saying with Inception and that is me. I've seen Interstellar probably 20 times and love it. I watched Inception at the movies and enjoyed it, but I have never seen it since. 

Also to those in this discussion, everyone agrees that Tenet is absolute dogshit, correct? We all watched it at a rented theater during corona while sitting multiple seats apart during the film, so no one could really talk. I walked outside after the movie, waited for the other 15 guys we were with to stand around and said "I just have one question ... does anybody know what in the fuck we just watched?" and then most of us busted out laughing. Great cinematography and score and probably even acting, but just absolutely convoluted nonsense. 

Also also, the only guy who actually attempted to explain to the rest of us what was going on in Tenet? @SydneyCarton, who was then lampooned for his pedantry all the way to his car. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/7/2024 at 8:46 AM, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Of all the sentences I’ve ever read, this is definitely one of them. 

My days of not taking Helo seriously are certainly coming to a middle.