Let's talk about....incels

Aqua Buddha

5 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Random thought...does anyone think the #metoo movement has a part in this?

I know correlation and causation are different, but #metoo started in 2006 and blew up globally in 2017.

I'm wondering because I know, that by today's definition, I could have been accused of rape several times back in the 80's and 90's.  

And before the pitchforks come out, who here never fucked a drunk girl in HS or college?

I’ve thought about that too. I think it’s not directly related. I think the reduction in drinking is closer. A ton of people learned how to let their guard down and talk when they were introduced to alcohol. Anecdotally, I run through a campus most mornings for exercise. There used to be evidence of parties that needed to be cleaned up, especially on the weekends. That isn’t a thing anymore. And I really don’t think it’s due to recycling habits or a stellar janitorial crew. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thread took some weird turns with confessions including someone being assaulted by a pedo.  I’m out.

Since we are confessing, a teacher entered my hotel room in Malaga on a H.S. summer trip to Spain and sat on the foot of my bed in the middle of the night while holding a bottle of Vino Tinto. Her dress was hiked up exposing her hooha when she started rubbing my feet and talking about teenage girls lacking experience. That was probably one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had.

I've been taken advantage of by a couple of women when I was drunk and never consented. Only really felt violated by one chick because I never would have engaged while sober.

Sex is a very complicated topic.

• Hook 'Em 4

There’s also a lot of conflation in this thread of 2 distinct groups:

Incels = guys that really want to get laid but “can’t”.

The other group that I guess has no name = young men that don’t have much desire to get laid and aren’t even engaged in the pursuit. This is the group that’s really the one growing in number. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

My senior year my English teacher wanted to come pick me up and take me to one of her cousins funeral. My mom wouldn’t let me go and I still think about this everyday

You told your mom? I never mentioned anything to my mom.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The other group that I guess has no name = young men that don’t have much desire to get laid and aren’t even engaged in the pursuit. This is the group that’s really the one growing in number. 

That’s the same group. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The other group that I guess has no name = young men that don’t have much desire to get laid and aren’t even engaged in the pursuit.

Isn't that what is just referred to as asexual? Morrissey popularized it in the 90's.

7 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

My senior year my English teacher wanted to come pick me up and take me to one of her cousins funeral. My mom wouldn’t let me go and I still think about this everyday

giphy.gif.5d8947543805e8bd4dd44ba075b4cba6.gif

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

You told your mom? I never mentioned anything to my mom.

Yea reading that sounds like real loser shit. It was one of those what are dressing up for moments and I was honest. I later learned her husband wasn’t happy at all about this 

• Haha 4

Just now, F250 said:

Since we are confessing, a teacher entered my hotel room in Malaga on a H.S. summer trip to Spain and sat on the foot of my bed in the middle of the night while holding a bottle of Vino Tinto. Her dress was hiked up exposing her hooha when she started rubbing my feet and talking about teenage girls lacking experience. That was probably one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had.

I've been taken advantage of by a couple of women when I was drunk and never consented. Only really felt violated by one chick because I never would have engaged while sober.

Sex is a very complicated topic.

I heard that...my first sexual experience was on a cruise...with my parents, mind you... after graduation (18).  I was hitting on this one, shall we say endowed young lady, in a cabin with a set of twins from eastern Oregon and a dude from Hawaii when the Oregon girls started in on the chick I was trying to nail.  So much so that she left crying.  The Hawaiian dude chased after to comfort her, and the twins fucking raped me.

I remember being scared shitless...but in retrospect that may have been the apex of my life.

I know there's a double standard, but honestly, I don't feel sorry for any of these teenage boys being "raped" by their teachers.  Male teachers it's a different story, but there are a couple female teachers at my HS that I would have love the sleep with.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

No no no, you're actually right. It's normal for adults to NOT bang underage kids.

The law does not care if you are wrong about her age, and she lies about it or you’re mistaken, but if I was on a jury and some guy was on trial for statutory rape and the state law was 18 - but the chick was 17 and looked 25 and was hot as hell and in some bar pretending to be older than she was with a fake ID, I would not give two shits about finding him not guilty.

if some asshole online was Catfishing underage girls to have sex with them, I would throw them in jail forever.  There is an entirely different moral issue at play.

An adult intentionally having sex with someone they know is underage is a different deal.  When I was 21 my parents were friends with a couple who had a 16-year-old daughter. Everyone was drinking at Christmas and she apparently snuck some drinks as well.  She came up to me and told me that the high school boys she saw came too soon, but she heard that older guy could last longer so we should have sex.   It was not a difficult decision not to hit that. Unlike the other girl, I knew that she was under age.  In the year of our Lord 2024, there are underage girls who look five years older than chicks that same age when I was in high school.   If they have fake ID and go to a bar to pass as college students, I am not going to convict somebody they hook up with because of a date on a birth certificate.   Opinions vary. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea reading that sounds like real loser shit. It was one of those what are dressing up for moments and I was honest. I later learned her husband wasn’t happy at all about this 

I can imagine dressing up would raise some questions and mentioning your teacher would definitely have raised the mama flags.

Just now, Da Fino said:

I would bet a bunch of money that the second group really wants to get laid, but think they can’t. 

I'll take that bet.  I was probably one to the horniest people on the planet until I started taking crazy pills.  We're talking numerous 3-somes, larger orgies, swinging, sex for money (had a dermatologist pay me to fuck girls while he watched), you name, it other than guy-guy (nothing wrong with it, just not my thing), and I've probably done it...but I was probably masking for chemical imbalance.  Now I'm on meds, and my sex drive is basically negative.  

3 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

What the fuck is going on here?

It's a cross section of people that had a lot of sexual experiences, white sock missionary folk and people that are borderline incels.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DixonHur said:

And before the pitchforks come out, who here never fucked a drunk girl in HS or college?

Star Trek Wtf GIF

Yeah, I'm dead-center in the middle of Gen X, and the guys in college who went after high school girls were the losers that even the losers thought were losers. If you couldn't get laid in college with a college girl, you weren't trying.

Edited by Rimbo

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Star Trek Wtf GIF

Are you outraged or something? 95% of my hookups from when I was 15 and up were with chicks that were either drunk, high or both. 

All the chicks you banged were stone cold sober and had a notarized consent affidavit prior to entry? That sounds hot.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Star Trek Wtf GIF

Yeah, I'm dead-center in the middle of Gen X, and the guys in college who went after high school girls were the losers that even the losers thought were losers. If you couldn't get laid in college with a college girl, you weren't trying.

He was saying when you were in high school or in college, not while you were in college.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Are you outraged or something? 95% of my hookups from when I was 15 and up were with chicks that were either drunk, high or both. 

All the chicks you banged were stone cold sober and had a notarized consent affidavit prior to entry? That sounds hot.

This thread has shown me how wildly different hookup culture is now. I can’t relate to any of this. A lot of what I’m reading sounds like a way to fast track yourself to prison. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think there are always a lot more virgin/near virgin types than people who have more partners think. I feel like among the nerds I’ve worked with there were some people who never ever got laid, some people who probably did twice in college but not much since then, and people who fit that mold who then found a similar nerdette online and got married. And a bunch of folks with more “normal” levels of physical intimacy.

my brother in law has been overweight since forever, drives a bread truck, serial friend zoned by girls out of his league, now he likes fishing, camping, and knives, his dog, authoritarian politics, and not trying to have sex at all.

i think a thing that has changed is that people have bigger lives online and there are larger niche communities that are accessible. 40 years ago if you don’t like the popular music, you need an older brother somewhere to show you husker du or you just move on to other things. Now if you can only orgasm while wearing a diaper you can find an active community of like minded individuals in 4 minutes. And those communities have gone from being the sideshow to your real life to the reverse for many people - they begrudgingly go out and do what is required to keep their meat vessel operating before they dip back into the metaverse. It is normal for these dudes to talk about not getting laid and accept not having a “normal” full social life because they are constantly surrounded by others like them in the place where they primarily exist.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I think there are always a lot more virgin/near virgin types than people who have more partners think. I feel like among the nerds I’ve worked with there were some people who never ever got laid, some people who probably did twice in college but not much since then, and people who fit that mold who then found a similar nerdette online and got married. And a bunch of folks with more “normal” levels of physical intimacy.

my brother in law has been overweight since forever, drives a bread truck, serial friend zoned by girls out of his league, now he likes fishing, camping, and knives, his dog, authoritarian politics, and not trying to have sex at all.

i think a thing that has changed is that people have bigger lives online and there are larger niche communities that are accessible. 40 years ago if you don’t like the popular music, you need an older brother somewhere to show you husker du or you just move on to other things. Now if you can only orgasm while wearing a diaper you can find an active community of like minded individuals in 4 minutes. And those communities have gone from being the sideshow to your real life to the reverse for many people - they begrudgingly go out and do what is required to keep their meat vessel operating before they dip back into the metaverse. It is normal for these dudes to talk about not getting laid and accept not having a “normal” full social life because they are constantly surrounded by others like them in the place where they primarily exist.

Yep. 

31 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

You talking about Surly?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

And those communities have gone from being the sideshow to your real life to the reverse for many people - they begrudgingly go out and do what is required to keep their meat vessel operating before they dip back into the metaverse. It is normal for these dudes to talk about not getting laid and accept not having a “normal” full social life because they are constantly surrounded by others like them in the place where they primarily exist.

Nevermind the wholesale destruction of the "third place", there's just not that much opportunity for in person interactions anymore. Younger folks (<35yo) are pretty terrible at RSVP'ing and following through, and I really wonder how much of it is carryover from just not having much personal time anymore. 

It seems like most jobs that are available to younger folks either have an incredibly inconsistent schedule if you're hourly, or demand ALL of your time ALL of the time if you're salary. That mindset leads to fuckin exhaustion and burnout, and burnt out people tend to not give a shit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

One of my best childhood friends fits this thread perfectly and I've watched his journey into being a 34 year old virgin. 

1.) He was overweight as a kid so he get zero attention from girls and he had zero confidence

2.) Continued being overweight in high school and focused on playing football (OL of course) so much that he never went to prom or on a date

3.) Got hung up on a girl in college that is way out of hi league and never moved on until graduation

4.) Got hit on by an ugly slut in college and didn't pursue her for even a night because he felt some sort of chivalry towards said out of league girl who barely knew his name.

5.) Became an adult and got hung up on another girl out of his league who did text him back but anyone who wasn't an incel could tell she wasn't interested by the way she responded.

6.) Continue gaining weight until he is 5'9" 300lbs

My wife and I set him up with a friend and we doubled with them for his first ever date (he was 28) and it went well enough that the girl wanted a second, but the girl we set him up with had a similar body type to him and he rejected that instantly and never called her back. Now he's a grown ass man at 34 and his prospects are incredibly dim because he's been on one date in his life, and he has no idea how to treat an actual woman if he were to accidently go on a date again. The poor bastard has his bedroom in his 1br apartment completely decorated in a 7th grade male all sports all the time aesthetic. He has never read a book in his life and can't really talk about anything other than sports or action movies. He doesnt travel because he doesnt want to go alone so he'll only go out of town to sporting events with others. He refuses to use dating apps because of his confidence being 0 and says he would never date a woman with a kid.

This dude has a college degree, has been a teacher for over a decade so he makes alright money (relatively to some other incels), and he's a really nice guy so some woman would assuredly be ok with him being a bit immature in tastes as a grown man. He just doesn't give himself a chance and I'm sure there are plenty of other incels that fit into his category that just don't really know what to do or where they fit in society.

What's weird is my older cousin (Gen x born late 1970s) has been almost exactly the same way his entire life (still to this day loves video games way too much and watches wrestling, etc) and is also overweight but 1 major distinction: he's personable, outgoing, confident, and easily talks to women. He's always been able to get women even in his late 40s after his wife passed away from illness. 

Most women are very insecure even if they try to project outwardly that they are not, and Gen z women are no different. That's why a very insecure man will always have issues with women. Both parties can't be very insecure, and it's biologically up to the males to not be outwardly insecure. It's just our role. 

I think young males today grow up in an environment that lends to high degrees of insecurity. 

• Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, Aha Shake said:

Middle aged and not single but I have to say it’s smartphones. Young people don’t have to seek each other out physically to be “interacting” continuously.

Small town Texas we used to go to the movies every weekend before we could drive because that’s where we could hang out. Sit in the dark with girls. See what’s up. Now they lay around on phones.

Not only that they’re also just distracting in general. If you and your wife have a habit of having phones near while watching TV at night see what happens when you put them away for a week or so. More hanging out, relaxing. Even old fogies are more likely to get laid then. They’re just in the way of life sadly. 

This is part of it for teenagers. A big thing for the older under 30s is that we're living in unprecedented times in terms of educational and professional opportunity for women. To be frank, women can have standards now and that hasn't been the case for most of human history. An able bodied young man who isn't an enormous prick and has a steady income will do fine. There not actuallythat many young men who clear all three of those bars.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

My 16 year old has had 3 girlfriends already. His sex life isn’t any of our business - though I do the mom part pretty well here - but in any event he’s not super interested at this moment - reason? High school girls are needy as fuck according to him. He can’t have a moment alone  and she’s always blowing up his phone.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Mid to late 80’s Louisiana you could get into bars at 18. Which means on any given night a pretty substantial number of the female patrons were 15 to 17, especially if said bar was just across the Texas line. I’m not saying, I’m just saying 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, troph said:

My 16 year old has had 3 girlfriends already. His sex life isn’t any of our business - though I do the mom part pretty well here - but in any event he’s not super interested at this moment - reason? High school girls are needy as fuck according to him. He can’t have a moment alone  and she’s always blowing up his phone.  

It really hasn't changed in college.  My son and his male college mates had, "I'm in class, will call you later" as a cut and paste, and kept their phones on silent. He would not be able to hold down his job if he was still dating the last one. He is transitioning from dating college girls to dating women with jobs that understand that you have to be left alone during working hours.

There still is hope out there. We won't be going on a dive trip this year, CHIEF Jr. is in three different weddings and a traveling bachelor party, and it will use up what little personal time he has earned at work. At 26 about a third of his friends are married already, with probably half in long term relationships. Mostly small town guys marrying small town girls. I would be curious to see if this is a more urban or rural phenomenon. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

It really hasn't changed in college.  My son and his male college mates had, "I'm in class, will call you later" as a cut and paste, and kept their phones on silent. He would not be able to hold down his job if he was still dating the last one. He is transitioning from dating college girls to dating women with jobs that understand that you have to be left alone during working hours.

There still is hope out there. We won't be going on a dive trip this year, CHIEF Jr. is in three different weddings and a traveling bachelor party, and it will use up what little personal time he has earned at work. At 26 about a third of his friends are married already, with probably half in long term relationships. Mostly small town guys marrying small town girls. I would be curious to see if this is a more urban or rural phenomenon. 

CHIEF

That horseshoes back around once you get married. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

I traveled in Europe after my freshman year in college. I met a Swedish chick that lied about being a university student and being 18 years old.
A few days later we were talking about Chinese zodiac signs which are based on birth years.
When she mentioned her zodiac animal and I started doing the math.
200.gif

Choose life, choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family…
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Before smart phones it was easier. My first wife was pre smart phones we would go a full day without talking sometimes while we were dating. My current wife and I started dating in the smart phone era, connected multiple times a day, but as adults with work it was manageable. Different but manageable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

That horseshoes back around once you get married. 

I did have to do some training. I’m working, I bill by the hour, every minute you spend talking to me is another minute I have to stay later working.  First wife was dialed in on it, second one 7 years into is now fully trained.

• Hook 'Em 1

I did have to do some training. I’m working, I bill by the hour, every minute you spend talking to me is another minute I have to stay later working.  First wife was dialed in on it, second one 7 years into is now fully trained.

Of course….the NEXT phase of that is that your wife never calls you….except when something really bad has happened.
Now, when the phone rings during the day and I see it’s her, my instant thought is “oh shit…what’s broken/caught on fire/who died?”
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Of course….the NEXT phase of that is that your wife never calls you….except when something really bad has happened.
Now, when the phone rings during the day and I see it’s her, my instant thought is “oh shit…what’s broken/caught on fire/who died?”

Same. I have to scroll through contacts to find Mrs. CHIEF, she is never in my recent calls list. 

CHIEF

17 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

One of my best childhood friends fits this thread perfectly and I've watched his journey into being a 34 year old virgin. 

1.) He was overweight as a kid so he get zero attention from girls and he had zero confidence

2.) Continued being overweight in high school and focused on playing football (OL of course) so much that he never went to prom or on a date

3.) Got hung up on a girl in college that is way out of hi league and never moved on until graduation

4.) Got hit on by an ugly slut in college and didn't pursue her for even a night because he felt some sort of chivalry towards said out of league girl who barely knew his name.

5.) Became an adult and got hung up on another girl out of his league who did text him back but anyone who wasn't an incel could tell she wasn't interested by the way she responded.

6.) Continue gaining weight until he is 5'9" 300lbs

My wife and I set him up with a friend and we doubled with them for his first ever date (he was 28) and it went well enough that the girl wanted a second, but the girl we set him up with had a similar body type to him and he rejected that instantly and never called her back. Now he's a grown ass man at 34 and his prospects are incredibly dim because he's been on one date in his life, and he has no idea how to treat an actual woman if he were to accidently go on a date again. The poor bastard has his bedroom in his 1br apartment completely decorated in a 7th grade male all sports all the time aesthetic. He has never read a book in his life and can't really talk about anything other than sports or action movies. He doesnt travel because he doesnt want to go alone so he'll only go out of town to sporting events with others. He refuses to use dating apps because of his confidence being 0 and says he would never date a woman with a kid.

This dude has a college degree, has been a teacher for over a decade so he makes alright money (relatively to some other incels), and he's a really nice guy so some woman would assuredly be ok with him being a bit immature in tastes as a grown man. He just doesn't give himself a chance and I'm sure there are plenty of other incels that fit into his category that just don't really know what to do or where they fit in society.

I have a friend that is in much the same mold, other than the football part.  Overweight dude his whole life, crushes on totally unobtainable hot girls, and ignores any overtures from chicks that are more in his league.  We were talking at the bar one night about a girl that had made it plainly apparent that she was interested in him and he says, "I don't know, I'm just not attracted to her."  I respond, "Who the fuck are you to go around turning down pussy?"

He was big into cars, at one time he bought a BMW 5 series on the theory that it would attract women to him.  It didn't.  In his mid-40s, he owned a Lexus sedan for his daily driver and an absolutely cherry Porsche Carrera.  He goes out to Vegas with a couple of our other friends, comes back and is recounting the Vegas trip to me.  The highlight of the trip for him was paying 2 grand to drive a Dodge Viper a few laps around the Vegas Motor Speedway.  I'm like you paid 2 grand to drive a car when that would have covered an A level call girl?  Dude, you own 2 cars and have zero pussy.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

I think another big reason that younger guys are staying out of the dating game is because you can no longer escape your fuck ups. Send a text that misses the mark? Shared with friends or worse, on tiktok or twitter. Make a bad outfit choice? Photographed or recorded and shamed online. Make a move that is later determined to be predatory (whether it actually was or not), you're buried alive. At least no one knew in the 80s and 90s when I struck out with some rando chick at the mall. 

My nephew has to be an incel, and I don't mean he has a shitty or entitled attitude. He's 32, morbidly obese, doesn't work, lives with his grandfather. He's got some kind of auto-immune thing going on and is currently on short term disability but my dad said he's gonna try to get it extended. He just lays around all day, playing video games and eating. He has no desire to do anything else, that I can see. I don't know if he's ever touched a titty in his life, much less gotten laid. I feel bad for him but he shows no interest in actually living a real life. I was never a player and never had great luck with the ladies but you'd better believe I was going to fucking TRY.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I like how the guy who bragged about only banging drunk chicks was chastising the other guy for banging 16 year olds. This thread delivers.

Hey hey hey let's try and be accurate here! The dude banging 16yo's when he was 20 also bangs drunk chicks 

Edited by Captainant

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Started this thread as a sociological discussion and it's turned into a Dear Penthouse forum....

Life can get pretty crazy. I was a 22-year-old guy, pretty well built, muscular but not ripped. We were on spring break at Lake Havasu. At a drinking contest on the beach one day, I met a girl named Kimmi, and she was gorgeous - blonde, tan, ample breasts and attractive legs. Well, one thing led to another and we found ourselves back in her hotel room, going at it pretty hot and heavy. She taught me things I’d never even thought of, and the sex was incredible.

Well, 20 years later, I came home, and my wife, who is a former ballerina, was drinking wine and having a good time with a new friend. I started drinking, too, and before you know it, we’re playing a game of Truth or Dare. Maybe we were drunk, I was definitely horny, and watching my wife, a brunette, talking to her friend, a beautiful well-proportioned blonde, and I thought. Well, you all know what I thought. So, I dared her to make out with me. At first she refused, and interestingly my wife got upset, and things became a little awkward. So, my wife's new friend gave me a kiss - nothing romantic more of a gentle kiss on the lips. But, it was really nice, if a little wet. I really don’t know what I was thinking at that point.

At that point, my wife leans over and gives me a kiss too, and put her hand high up on my leg. I have got to say, I got a little excited. In the past, my wife was into more of the conventional stuff. This was way outside her comfort zone. I don't know really what happened next. Things got kind of lusty and we went to our bedroom and turned the lights low. It was freaking crazy. The best sex of my life. My wife said the same thing. Just fucking incredible.

Did I mention, the girl's name was Kimmi? Similar figure to the girl I messes around with 20 years earlier. Was it the same girl? Did she look me up after all these years? Shit, I don't know what to do next. But, I can't wait for us to get together again.

Posted (edited)

Wonder if the decline in sex is partly due to the fact that young men today are more weary of committing statutory rape or having sex with impaired women, who by legal definition can’t consent (also known as rape). Or at least that’s what I’m getting from this thread. 

Edited by Helobious