Scottie Scheffler Detained by Police

18 minutes ago, Scholz said:

All I know is Highland Park Scottie definitely needs to work on his crip walk.

This^^^
Highland Park is the home of the original OGs.

While I was in school there in the 80s:

Student put pipe bomb in cafeteria trash can. Pipe bomb explodes and nearly kills one.

HP graduate Hinkley shoots Ronald Reagan.

Crazy lady shoots student in shoulder in front of school.

Honor student stabs and almost kills star football player (was two feet away when this happened). At our graduation the police had the stabber wear a bullet proof vest because they thought someone may try and take him out.

Scottie Scheffler.

Thug life HP!🤣

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Honor student stabs and almost kills star football player (was two feet away when this happened). At our graduation the police had the stabber wear a bullet proof vest because they thought someone may try and take him out.

Wait, what???

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Bookman said:

I'm surprised that Scottie Scheffler doesn't have a driver. I sure as fuck would if I had that money. 

his team needs to tighten up. He’s a super star. Off duty cop driver is cheap 

Tiger pretty much ended his career with two driving accidents. He’s waaaay too cheap to have a driver, but Scotty needs to learn from his mistakes 

Edited by tx 3 putt

37 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wait, what???

Yep, it was insane. Blood everywhere at the police station - it happened a couple of hundred feet from there. Was one of the biggest trials in Dallas County in 1988. My conversations with the DA and press (since I was the only one who saw it) were quite interesting. DA basically trying to prove HP and the Miami Vice drug scene were the same thing. The bullet proof vest was just bonkers!

I always thought it odd that even the top players drive themselves.  What's even weirder is that most times, when the player and caddy come in the same car, the player is behind the wheel.  Isn't that the caddy's job?

Another oddity is when they put their shoes on in the parking lot.  Playing at some of the top courses in the US with presumably great facilities (no first hand knowledge, most places wouldn't let me in), and they get dressed in the parking lot.

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tiger pretty much ended his career with two driving accidents. He’s waaaay too cheap to have a driver, but Scotty needs to learn from his mistakes 

Tiger was high and driving like a maniac.  I don't see the point of having a driver if you fully capable of operating a vehicle like a normal person unless you hate driving.  If that's the case, yeah he certainly has the fuck you money to hire a driver.  Unless the passenger seat is the safest spot in a vehicle a driver offers no safety benefits.  It's just a convenience.  He's just as likely to be a shitty driver as you are yourself.  And I would guess had their been a driver in this situation both would still have been arrested.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Tiger was high and driving like a maniac.  I don't see the point of having a driver if you fully capable of operating a vehicle like a normal person unless you hate driving.  If that's the case, yeah he certainly has the fuck you money to hire a driver.  Unless the passenger seat is the safest spot in a vehicle a driver offers no safety benefits.  It's just a convenience.  He's just as likely to be a shitty driver as you are yourself.  And I would guess had there been a driver in this situation both would still have been arrested.  

This.

beat me to it.

driver causes a wreck and it would be: “man, these guys are so entitled, if they would just have some humility and take care of something themselves every now and then,  none of this would have happened”

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tiger ended his career by being obsessed with special forces stuff.  The hookers and blow were just icing on the cake.

Long form article well worth the read.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

Tiger ended his career by being obsessed with special forces stuff.  The hookers and blow were just icing on the cake.

Long form article well worth the read.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/15278522/how-tiger-woods-life-unraveled-years-father-earl-woods-death

his wreck in LA was the kiss of death for him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

This^^^
Highland Park is the home of the original OGs.

While I was in school there in the 80s:

Student put pipe bomb in cafeteria trash can. Pipe bomb explodes and nearly kills one.

HP graduate Hinkley shoots Ronald Reagan.

Crazy lady shoots student in shoulder in front of school.

Scottie Scheffler.

Thug life HP!🤣

You sound like you might’ve been around when the plane crashed in the field outside Bradfield. 

51 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

He's just as likely to be a shitty driver as you are yourself.  And I would guess had their been a driver in this situation both would still have been arrested.  

Strongly disagree with both these statements. But, I disagree he needs a driver. This is an isolated incident. 

I always thought it odd that even the top players drive themselves.  What's even weirder is that most times, when the player and caddy come in the same car, the player is behind the wheel.  Isn't that the caddy's job?
Another oddity is when they put their shoes on in the parking lot.  Playing at some of the top courses in the US with presumably great facilities (no first hand knowledge, most places wouldn't let me in), and they get dressed in the parking lot.

316b40299c13910208610cc9b36becb9.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Strongly disagree with both these statements. But, I disagree he needs a driver. This is an isolated incident. 

You think the cop is letting the passenger walk with a ridiculous felony charge on the table?

3 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

Anyone investigated whether or not this detective has money on the PGA Championship?  Or owes a bookie money?

i doubt it runs that deep.  this is just a standard case of an asshole cop being an asshole cop and having no one within his own department willing to stop him.  standard operating procedure.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You think the cop is letting the passenger walk with a ridiculous felony charge on the table?

First, you don’t hire a shitty driver. The entire purpose is hiring someone to get you places safely. Second, there’s zero chance Scottie gets arrested if he’s in the passenger seat. The hired driver would probably still be in jail while Scottie pulls his clubs out and gets in a golf cart to go to locker room. It definitely would’ve saved him this morning.  

Again, I think hiring a driver, unless you hate doing it and/or have a drinking problem, is totally needless, and this morning was a totally isolated incident. But to say that this morning he’d have been arrested anyway is really dumb. 

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Sounds from his post rounds interview the club guys that were with his manager on the way back to the course and apologizing to Scheffler

There is no amount of apology that’ll keep the PGA from ever hosting a major there again. This is like if the ice that fell from Cowboys Stadium in 2010 had killed a Steelers fan, and, an Arlington cop had arrested Aaron Rodgers for no reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

First, you don’t hire a shitty driver. The entire purpose is hiring someone to get you places safely. Second, there’s zero chance Scottie gets arrested if he’s in the passenger seat. The hired driver would probably still be in jail while Scottie pulls his clubs out and gets in a golf cart to go to locker room. It definitely would’ve saved him this morning.  

Again, I think hiring a driver, unless you hate doing it and/or have a drinking problem, is totally needless, and this morning was a totally isolated incident. But to say that this morning he’d have been arrested anyway is really dumb. 

First, everyone on planet earth is a shitty driver except for me.  So unless you are hiring me to be your driver, you are getting a shitty driver.  Second there is 0% chance the cop isn't taking Scottie to jail on accessory charges.  Look at the charges everyone in that car was going to jail because the cop was assaulted (according to him).

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

First, everyone on planet earth is a shitty driver except for me.  So unless you are hiring me to be your driver, you are getting a shitty driver.  Second there is 0% chance the cop isn't taking Scottie to jail on accessory charges.  Look at the charges everyone in that car was going to jail because the cop was assaulted (according to him).

By the driver. Look, you’re wrong, but I really don’t give a shit. 

Posted (edited)

One of the years ACC hosted WGC  I was at Trianon/Summer Moon on Thursday morning and this straight 10 was ordering coffee a few spots in line ahead of me.  She got her coffee and hopped into her Escalade driven by Dustin Johnson.  And that’s the day I blew my shot with Paulina Gretzky.  But I also remember thinking it was super weird DJ was driving himself.  /csb

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Updawg said:

I’m surprised the DA hasn't dropped the charges and issued an apology

I didnt see it on the thread, but the clown cop managed to get himself admitted to the hospital with  "pain, swelling and abrasions" to his left wrist and knee 

so, in short, the cop and his fellow blue liners realized they fucked up bad and are scrambling to do anything they can to try and prove their side of the story.

nevermind that there is a material RELIABLE witness in Jeff Darlington who has said from the very first report this morning that Detective clown shoes "attached" himself onto the car door and tried to pull Scottie out of the car getting dragged in the process. 

so the D.A. cant insta drop the charges just yet because the hero cop lost his pants and has a boo-boo on his knee.  It will take a few days before they can prove this idiot's actions heavily created any actual injuries he received.

• Rage+1 1