CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Another name being floated?  Tom Herman.

Every game will be close. For better or (mostly) worse. Also, everyone will hate his fucking guts after 3 years. Luckily, shouldn't be too much access to coke and parties in the famously laid back Westwood area.

• Haha 7
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

UCLA has way more buitl in advantages than Minnesota.  And I'm a Gopher fan (pops was a grad).  We just need someone with the fire to WANT to do this.  And I think he does.

Intuitively I want to believe you, but over the last 25 years UCLA has a record of 163-145 while Minnesota has a record of 163-144. That span covers 5 different coaches at UCLA. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

UCLA has way more buitl in advantages than Minnesota.  And I'm a Gopher fan (pops was a grad).  We just need someone with the fire to WANT to do this.  And I think he does.

49'ers win on Sunday and Kyle Shanahan exits on top and takes the UCLA job. A reverse Jim Harbaugh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dewey said:

Get get one of those coaches from the lower divisions that win all the time and call it a day. I'd rather roll the dice that way than hire Herman or similar. 

Well, the FCS has been thinned out quite a bit. KSU took klieman 5 years ago. klieman's replacement did a pretty good job himself and went to USC as LB coach this offseason.

Cignetti, who moved up to FBS with James Madison and did a great job (in both FCS and FBS) there, was poached by Indiana this offseason.

Speaking of Cignetti..

Edited by redswingline
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

That's big hate your job 

He was on the hot seat and hated recruiting/NIL. It's very similar to Hafley leaving BC.

13 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Definitely not.  No one on staff ready for this job.  There are options out there.  

No D'Anton Lynn?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jerry Kill is a mystery to me. He has a great track record. Now he’s a constant at Vandy. Why isn’t he getting a shot at these openings?

He resigned from NMSU after doing a good job there maybe his health wont let him be all the way in

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Jerry Kill is a mystery to me. He has a great track record. Now he’s a constant at Vandy. Why isn’t he getting a shot at these openings?

His health. He has a pattern of doing a really good job and then having his tenure cut short due to health problems.

15 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I went back and.looked who else.

Mario Christobal at Oregon and Heupel at UCF were other notables.  Heupel is really the only one that worked out.

Honestly, Kelly might be runner up out of that group.  UCLA's problems are above the HC level.

13 hours ago, redswingline said:

Well, the FCS has been thinned out quite a bit. KSU took klieman 5 years ago. klieman's replacement did a pretty good job himself and went to USC as LB coach this offseason.

Cignetti, who moved up to FBS with James Madison and did a great job (in both FCS and FBS) there, was poached by Indiana this offseason.

Speaking of Cignetti..

I’ve known Curt since the early 90s when he was our recruiting coordinator under Coach Majors. That’s the loudest I have ever heard him speak. I wish him nothing but success. He’s got a tough row to hoe, hopefully it works out because he has been successful at Elon and then James Madison.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

I think divorce papers would only be filed if it was Tuscaloosa->Seattle->Tuscaloosa.

Certainly my comment was in regards to moving being the suck vs. the livability of said communities.

Edited by Incredulity

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He was on the hot seat and hated recruiting/NIL. It's very similar to Hafley leaving BC.

No D'Anton Lynn?

Lynn is at SC now.  But he has one full season as a coordinator.  That’s not enough experience