CFB coaching carousel

Machinator

31 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Dumb question but how toxic is Jimmy Lake as a member of the support staff for a few years? Most of his “brilliance” was with PK and I would never be opposed to having him help with the DB…

Probably a bit too toxic for our AD to

stomach, but worth a thought..

I’d take him in a heartbeat 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Dumb question but how toxic is Jimmy Lake as a member of the support staff for a few years? Most of his “brilliance” was with PK and I would never be opposed to having him help with the DB…

Probably a bit too toxic for our AD to

stomach, but worth a thought..

I would think our AD wouldn't care so much about analyst positions.  I hope. 

On 11/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, Beau Vine said:

His recruiting has been absolute dogshit.  And did you see him punting with 2 minutes left, down 8 with 1 TO against Oregon last week?  Actually they never punted, because the center snapped it over the punter's head for a safety.

Ahh reminds me of Mack brown

20 hours ago, Blotto said:

I’m really surprised Mora couldn’t land a better job.  UConn is dogshit.  He completely lost focus when he was going through a divorce, stopped recruiting which he had previously done very well, and things slipped.  But he’s a better coach than the UConn gig.  But whatever.  Good for him.

32 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m really surprised Mora couldn’t land a better job.  UConn is dogshit.  He completely lost focus when he was going through a divorce, stopped recruiting which he had previously done very well, and things slipped.  But he’s a better coach than the UConn gig.  But whatever.  Good for him.

He wants to be the subject of Glory Road 2: UCONN.. No The Football Team

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not a legit account but it's wholly believable. 

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not a legit account but it's wholly believable. 

Fisher will not leave a ten year guaranteed contract at 95 million for a five year contract at LSU unless LSU is paying the same amount of money. Leaving that kind of money on the table is absolutely absurd and the difference between “kids will never work” and “generational wealth.”

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Fisher will not leave a ten year guaranteed contract at 95 million for a five year contract at LSU unless LSU is paying the same amount of money. Leaving that kind of money on the table is absolutely absurd and the difference between “kids will never work” and “generational wealth.”

the guy wants to win a championship and maybe multiple. you gonna do that at aggy or at LSU when Texas/OU join SEC? If he gets 5 for 9M, I could see him bolting.  It's about the money but its also about winning.

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the guy wants to win a championship and maybe multiple. you gonna do that at aggy or at LSU when Texas/OU join SEC? If he gets 5 for 9M, I could see him bolting.  It's about the money but its also about winning.

And Woodward is his guy. That’s who hired him at aggy. 

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

If he leaves, he leaves for more money and not less. Having a hard time finding an example of an in-demand coach taking a pay cut to win. I know of no one who trades 45 million guaranteed dollars for a trophy. 

On 11/11/2021 at 4:09 PM, Viper said:

2638A151-F48C-4F3B-BE21-09D383C07F24.jpeg.ccb92a5265274db186a5f25804fea536.jpeg

Just traded texts with a grad school friend who’s on the Aggie board. Jimbo is getting more money and staying. They’d like to hire Deion Sanders as an assistant 

Jimbo’s nut is now $100million

Edited by alphahorn