Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

The Texas job is always listed as one of the top 3 jobs in the country and is usually number one.  Ohio State is considered a top-10 job and is arguably top-5. 

The resilience of the Texas brand is stunning given that Texas has only been in the national elite for one 6 year stretch in the past 35 years (2004 - 2009).  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

23 minutes ago, alincoln said:

The Texas job is always listed as one of the top 3 jobs in the country and is usually number one.  Ohio State is considered a top-10 job and is arguably top-5. 

The resilience of the Texas brand is stunning given that Texas has only been in the national elite for one 6 year stretch in the past 35 years (2004 - 2009).  

Thanks for the unprompted non sequiter and unnecessary history lesson, cunt. 

In related news your asshole is stretched out chewing gum or if shockingly you happen to be married your wife is the town whore.  Your resilience in the face of such adversity is almost stunning. 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 5

10 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

I got a theory brewing here. If Urban Meyer really is fired then I think that he was the one who had snook write the hit piece on Herman. We all know that Meyer personally hates Herman but the OSU fan base loved him, so Urban wanted to make sure that OSU couldn't bring Herman in as a replacement he created the rumor that Herman started all this.

I'll buy on this theory. 

Honestly, if he is fired they wouldn't go after Herman regardless simply b/c Herman's name was associated with the investigation (even if zero culpability). 

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

In related news your asshole is stretched out chewing gum or if shockingly you happen to be married your wife is the town whore.  Your resilience in the face of such adversity is almost stunning. 

I’m not sure what the history is with you and alincoln, but I believe he’s involved with either an I-bank or hedge fund or licensing or all 3, with a strong adjacency to the college sports world. Or at least that used to be the case. I’ve never viewed him as a bad poster, much less worthy of being called a cunt. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I’m not sure what the history is with you and alincoln, but I believe he’s involved with either an I-bank or hedge fund or licensing or all 3, with a strong adjacency to the college sports world. Or at least that used to be the case. I’ve never viewed him as a bad poster, much less worthy of being called a cunt. 

This.  His post might have been a little off-topic but that personal attack was atleast over the top, if not uncalled for.  

It's all going to come down to the assistant who was reassigned out of the football office... If she is still team Zach.. I think Urban gets 4 game suspension for lack of better oversight type reasoning.  If she is not still team Zach... Urban is gone.   There is enough he said/she said confusion with the wife, but throw in a 2nd women who appears to have been punished differently than the coach and they have a problem.

• Like 1

Dude. Unwarranted. Chill baby.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

WTF? 

25 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's all going to come down to the assistant who was reassigned out of the football office... If she is still team Zach.. I think Urban gets 4 game suspension for lack of better oversight type reasoning.  If she is not still team Zach... Urban is gone.   There is enough he said/she said confusion with the wife, but throw in a 2nd women who appears to have been punished differently than the coach and they have a problem.

Yeah, that was in the McMurphy comments to the one website a page, or so, back. She was reassigned and Smith was not punished at all. If she is talking things should get even uglier.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I will be shocked if she is team Zach but she will definitely be team tOSU. Ohio native and tosu grad, if she has any family in that state which I am assuming she does. She will not go against tosu fb program, y'all just do not seem to understand that tOSU in Ohio is the cult aggie and ou could only dream about.

45 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

There is enough he said/she said confusion with the wife, but throw in a 2nd women who appears to have been punished differently than the coach and they have a problem.

The assistant may not have been “punished” at all, not if she got a pay raise along with the transfer. If she did, that information should be easy to obtain.

11 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

...and the destruction of the B12......Texas sure gets a lot of undeserved credit for a lot of this crap.

At that point about a decade ago, Texas was absolutely throwing its weight around.  1. To a certain point, they have every right to protect and advance their interests. That being said, almost a decade later, many UT fans dislike the Big XII.  It’s basically your freaking baby, so own it.  2. I understood Colorado and Mizzou bailing.  The Nebraska and aggy departures were borne more of insecurities.

That’s enough on the realgnment bullshit, sorry; but tOSU’s financial influence is very similar to that of Texas. It drives a lot of what must be sheer trepidation to act against the Buckeye transgressions on the part of NCAA officials.

He's a man u supporter. Team Sydney

Aside from what maninblack pointed out, which is bad enough, alincoln's current status shows the potential impact of one bad post as 57 of his neg rep points came from the one post on this thread where he said Herman tried to hire Zack Smith. I certainly never heard about an attempt to hire Smith, and others called it a lie and it went from there.

It's possible that's all that Sydney knows about him and that's what caused the tirade. It's also true that alincoln never came back to own up to his huge mistake on this thread and so he's pretty close to the crowdsource banhammer. He's a decent poster so I hope he isn't banned but I'd also like an explanation of that Smith/Herman post or at least a mea culpa if he realizes he made a mistake.

I would think tOSU BOR is running scared about what Mcmurphy is holding back. He slowed played the sex toy and dick pick info. 

Mcmurphy has a hard on for Urbs and tOSU.  Youd have to think hed hold something back for after tOSU clears Urbs with a wrist slap then drop something really incriminating.  

You have to wonder how open Urbs and his people are being with the investigators. While tOSU would love to keep Urbs short of dead hookers. Getting caught whitewashing this whole deal, just to get caught out could be a lot more damaging and has to be weighing on the admins thinking. 

Urbs lawyering up and his peolle not fully cooperating cant be a good look for the admin. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Aside from what maninblack pointed out, which is bad enough, alincoln's current status shows the potential impact of one bad post as 57 of his neg rep points came from the one post on this thread where he said Herman tried to hire Zack Smith. I certainly never heard about an attempt to hire Smith, and others called it a lie and it went from there.

It's possible that's all that Sydney knows about him and that's what caused the tirade. It's also true that alincoln never came back to own up to his huge mistake on this thread and so he's pretty close to the crowdsource banhammer. He's a decent poster so I hope he isn't banned but I'd also like an explanation of that Smith/Herman post or at least a mea culpa if he realizes he made a mistake.

Yep.

Also, trying to hire someone vs. annoying your coaching rival / playing the game at a high level are two different things.

Herman hired Horny unsupervised, so I'm not saying attempting to hire Smith was out of the realm of possibility.  Especially if it was pre-CDC.

Edited by SizzleChest

SIAP:

The independent working group directing the investigation involving Urban Meyer announced today that the investigation will be completed on Sunday, as planned. The investigators will then prepare a report for the working group to be delivered next week.

Following receipt, the working group will share the report with the Board of Trustees in an executive session to be held next week. As required by law, public notice of the meeting will be released at least 24 hours in advance. Following deliberations with the board, and appropriate time for consideration, President Michael V. Drake will announce his decision.

https://news.osu.edu/university-shares-update-related-to-football-program-august-17/

Report could be issued to working group today or tomorrow.  BoT should be issuing public notice for their official meeting soon - possibly tomorrow or Wednesday.  Official announcement should come this week.

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I get all that, but alincoln has been around a long time, and he's been fine doing it. I think the explanation is either a) he confused the WR coach involved with Herman putting his staff together or b) he's privy to information we don't possess, which at times, has appeared to be the case when it comes to some info like this. The man can post for himself, and he should, but I stand by my prior post.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don't have a history with the guy. Scrolling back about 15 posts before his, I saw nothing that directly tied to his need to drag his nuts across the face of what he sees as Texas's relevance the last 35 years. And that's even taking into account the whole finger pointing at Texas whining titty baby shit you brought up on the last page. 

"Man, Urban Meyer is a real scumbag. I hope this guy gets fired, fuck Ohio State."
"You know, it's amazing how much the Texas brand resonates considering they've been dogshit most of the last 35 years."

Even if you remove Huck's math on the 57 downvotes on one post, the guy is still averaging a downvote per post here. Not that I put much stock in reputation in general but l hardly think this fits the profile of some unimpeachable poster. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I think this is pretty spot on.  This whole situation was a black eye for Urbs and Co. to start - hell, he might have survived it if he had just owned it from the beginning.  The additional information on Zach Smith's (amazon c-rings, white house dick-pickery, etc.) and Sarah Smith being reassigned while not punishing Smith makes this pretty hard for Urban to bounce back from.  This whole situation went from bad to utterly embarrassing for OSU and I don't think Urban left the BOT etc. with much of a choice but to flush the turd.  Keeping him would just make this worse.

And if I'm Sarah Smith, I'd be dialing up employment attorneys ASAP.  Fuck scarlet colored glasses.  Hell, she might even be able to claim civil damages from the school for dragging her into this.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

20 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

There was a (dumb) discussion of whether Herman might replace Meyer at Ohio State and/or whether the story about Herman leaking all of this was planted to keep him from being a replacement candidate because Urban supposedly hates Herman.

That then morphed into, “Ohio State is a lateral move anyway / no it’s not they have a better roster and immediate prospects than us” discussion tangential to the main thread.   So, alincoln posted his opinion that Texas is a better job even when we’re down (as shown by our last 35 year's record).  I’d argue it was really more like 11 years of being relevant instead of 6 - but he was basically right.

Well then I guess I apologize. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

... and Sarah Smith being reassigned while not punishing Smith makes this pretty hard for Urban to bounce back from....

Smith appears to have been "punished" for something at the time of domestic abuse allegations and reassignment of the female employee.... makes it even harder for Urban to play dumb here...

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I don't have a history with the guy. Scrolling back about 15 posts before his, I saw nothing that directly tied to his need to drag his nuts across the face of what he sees as Texas's relevance the last 35 years. And that's even taking into account the whole finger pointing at Texas whining titty baby shit you brought up on the last page. 

Eat a Snickers, bro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Can someone give a cliff-notes version of this whole thing? I haven't been keeping up enough....cause fuck Ohio

Zach Smith sucks.  Smith's former admin assistant definitely sucks.  Urban Meyer sucks, too.  Waiting for final confirmation sometime this week on whether tOSU itself sucks or not.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Zach Smith sucks.  Smith's former admin assistant definitely sucks.  Urban Meyer sucks, too.  Waiting for final confirmation sometime this week on whether tOSU itself sucks or not.

In addition... Zach Smith was fired for sucking, Smith's former admin assistant was reassigned for sucking, Urban Meyer is on leave for sucking and tOSU itself is investigating how much it really does suck.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, alincoln said:

After he was hired at Texas, Herman approached several members of the Ohio State staff he had relationships with.  I was informed at the time by people who would know that Smith was included in this group.  In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have posted anything since I can't support my post by disclosing the sources of the information.

In any event, take it or leave it as you see fit.

I think as much as anything that was designed to fuck with Urby. Something happened and there’s bad blood there. I think Herman was trying to mess with Urbs by talking to staff. 

42 minutes ago, alincoln said:

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have posted anything since I can't support my post by disclosing the sources of the information.

Add "Ability to have a civil unwinding of message board spats" to your very long list of why Texas is a better brand than Ohio State

After he was hired at Texas, Herman approached several members of the Ohio State staff he had relationships with.  I was informed at the time by people who would know that Smith was included in this group.  In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have posted anything since I can't support my post by disclosing the sources of the information.

All good, who knows Herman's thought process, or what exactly he knew at the time. Maybe he was under the impression that since Ohio State kept Smith on, that all was clear? Or maybe Herrmin knew everything? Only he knows. For me this is an Ohio State problem, not a Texas problem. Throwing Herman and Texas into the mix is grasping for a flimsy reef.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, alincoln said:

But approaching several guys on an old staff to test the waters is a lot different than "he tried to hire him and Smith turned him down" as it was originally phrased. You have to admit that much, as SizzleChest pointed out.

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Yeah, that was in the McMurphy comments to the one website a page, or so, back. She was reassigned and Smith was not punished at all. If she is talking things should get even uglier.

[buckeye]SHE SUCKED HIS DICK! SHE SHOULD BE PUNISHED![/faithful]

• bob in houston changed the title to Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games