Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

6 hours ago, LonghornJones said:

So do we know if the wall of snow made it to I-70 and actually closed the road?

It did not. However they just did a controlled Avalanche that closed the road today.

The Colorado Department of Transportation shut down I-70 at 8:46 a.m. Tuesday. Shortly afterwards, crews used cannons to set off an avalanche on Mount Bethel near Herman Gulch. The snow slide that resulted sent 15 feet of snow over I-70’s westbound lanes and 8 feet of snow across the eastbound lanes. CDOT said it was the largest avalanche in that slide path in over 30 years.

avalanche-work.jpg?w=550

avalanche-1-2.jpg?w=420&h=236

avalanche-2-1.jpg?w=420&h=236

“There was some debris that came down. A cable guardrail was also damaged,” said CDOT spokeswoman Tracy Trulove. “Our team is clearing trees, rocks and dirt.”

Avalanche mitigation work that led to other highway closings also took place on Interstate 70 between Copper Mountain and Frisco as well as Highway 40 over Berthoud Pass.

“Our team is pretty darn busy today,” said Trulove.

Operations at Loveland ski area are ongoing but skiers will be unable to leave the resort until the work is complete, unless there’s an emergency. That’s because Loveland Pass is also closed.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 6:37 AM, Armybrat said:

Thanks. Our doctors have prescribed the hydrocodone for our post surgical recoveries over the past year. Dunno why because it just constipates both of us, and Tylenol works about as well. Only needed to take a couple out of each bottle. Just a waste, IMO.

How anyone could get addicted to not shitting is very puzzling.

Mom couldn't stand the way Vicodin felt, so she went Tylenol-only last time she had her surgery. I felt the same when I had my appendectomy. Can't stand the shit.

Anyway, back on topic: Here's a guy trying to knock down a wall on his balcony, and ends up taking out the entire building.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Mom couldn't stand the way Vicodin felt, so she went Tylenol-only last time she had her surgery. I felt the same when I had my appendectomy. Can't stand the shit.

Anyway, back on topic: Here's a guy trying to knock down a wall on his balcony, and ends up taking out the entire building.

I suspect that this was not the work of terrorist rather an inside job.  

• Like 1