Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

I’ve never been so conflicted about a remaining season as I am this one. I can’t ever root for a loss. But if they lost out the rest of the season. Surely Tom would be gone? Can they win out and Tom still be fired? How many losses would it take? Do I root for a loss next game, and maybe one other with a loss to a second tier team in a bowl game? Can he just be a man and admit he is not fit for for head coaching in college football and resign tomorrow? Can Urban walk in to his office tomorrow. Kick Toms ass out and take over?

Something has to give. I can’t watch another game and have to look at his fucking mug on the sideline for fear of throwing a brick through my nice new 60” 4k tv.

It's obvious he isn't the answer, but he'll stay just close enough to avoid accountability another year.  Meaning a down year in recruiting and an even bigger hill for the next coach to climb.
This is my nightmare, but I doubt it.

OU had their way with us pretty good until they let up thinking the game was over.

That same ou team lost to two teams we have left on our schedule.

I have no reason to think ksu, isu, and okst aren't all at least as good as the teams who beat us or came damn close over the last few weeks. If Tom drops 2-3 more with this team, that should not count as close enough.

We looked unimaginably unprepared today, for the one game you really have to be prepared for. It's not going to get better.

It sucks that the only thing I am interested in is whether we are going to actually fire our coach.  Again

I won’t say anything about specific players, because I believe it starts at the top, but we have players that choke in the clutch.  There are exceptions no doubt.  But I find myself more worried than confident no matter what phase of the game we are in.  The team seems the same way. 

I feel bad for Sam that we wasted his time here, he has been a fun story and a good QB.  The product around him has been average at best.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, UhhhIdk said:

Herman is a young guy. Any chance he gets better as a coach?

Absolutely.

The problem is that we're paying him like he's an established coach. If we're going to play "develop a coach to eventually be a champion" hire a guy for $2M/year out of D3.

If we're paying big boy money, get a fucking big boy.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

He just rattled off the names of all the injured at his post game newser. So fucking what? Deal with it. Overmatched in the coaching department 

No fucking way... This motherfucker even pay attention to what's around him. If he did he'd know OU was also without like 8 or 9 starters. This motherfucker is actually retarded 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, KingLerxst said:

I’ve never been so conflicted about a remaining season as I am this one. I can’t ever root for a loss. But if they lost out the rest of the season. Surely Tom would be gone? Can they win out and Tom still be fired? How many losses would it take? Do I root for a loss next game, and maybe one other with a loss to a second tier team in a bowl game? Can he just be a man and admit he is not fit for for head coaching in college football and resign tomorrow? Can Urban walk in to his office tomorrow. Kick Toms ass out and take over?

Something has to give. I can’t watch another game and have to look at his fucking mug on the sideline for fear of throwing a brick through my nice new 60” 4k tv.

It’d be nice to have some more clarity like Charlie and Kansas. If I knew us losing this game would be the tipping point to get Tom fired, then I’d be perfectly happy, but since we root for Texas post-2010 and it’s 2020, I’m going to assume we’ll go 6-4, maybe 5-5 and Tom will be around in 2021. 

It’s already a lost season and now we’re just playing out the string for 1-2 years until we fall for believing in the new coach who ends being a total failure. Rinse, repeat. 

I’ll say it again, no more project ESPN media-baby prophet coaches. Get somebody that has proven they can win at this level. Even if they only win 9-10 games a year. We need a coach to teach this program how to fucking win again period. Need a coach who is gonna skullfuck TCU & Techs of the Big12 9/10 years. We’ll worry about the Clemsons & Bamas when we get to that point. Right now, just want a coach that won’t lose to a shitty TCU & the worst OU team of the past 10 seasons

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it pains me to write this, but the comeback to get to OT will be the excuse/justification CDC uses to stand pat for at least 2 more weeks.

Oh, please.  Nothing short of a fireable offense (taking about cause here, not job performance) is going to get CDC to fire him in-season.  It's just not happening, even if today was a blowout. 

Edited by TrashMaster G

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

Doesn't matter when he's fired. However, behind the scenes, we absolutely need to be talking to Meyer and figuring out what the number is to get him plus whatever staff he wants.

You're absolutely right - the wheels need to be in motion ASAP.

I'm thinking the Dallas BMD reaches out to the Meyer camp this week to talk numbers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

They aren't winning out.

Follow my lead and stop watching until we have an actual head coach. 

Your life will be better for it.

That's dumb.. we aren't guaranteed a game every week in today's climate... It may drive you mad but it's still Texas football.  I think Tom has to go as well, but i'll never root for a loss.  If your blood pressure can't take it, fine.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

There are exactly 2 options.

If it's not Urban or Dabo, it's just more fucking fluffer action.

And if I haven't been clear, I'm not interested in watching any more gaping fluffer action on the football field.

I'm fucking done if Herman comes back or we get another project which will result in the same old shit.

I'll pursue new and actually enjoyable hobbies in life.

well it's been real knowing you.. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

You're absolutely right - the wheels need to be in motion ASAP.

I'm thinking the Dallas BMD reaches out to the Meyer camp this week to talk numbers. 

this is part of the fucking problem. our athletic department is fucking run by fanbois. we can lay this hire at the feet of the houston bmds. ok great this one sucks so let's look to the dallas bmds. 

no, how about we have a functional fucking athletic department. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is part of the fucking problem. our athletic department is fucking run by fanbois. we can lay this hire at the feet of the houston bmds. ok great this one sucks so let's look to the dallas bmds. 

no, how about we have a functional fucking athletic department. 

Our athletic department is worthless 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

It's dumb to avoid watching something that is a shit product and provides me with zero joy rather just frustration and angst?

That is a fucking terrible take and you should feel really bad about posting it.

if you can't take it, that's on you.. I'll still be watching because we only have a set of games each fall.. and maybe less here in 2020.  And if you will only watch when a Urban or Dabo comes walking through that door.. well, I guess you aren't coming back.

Most of the fans wanted Herman with a thirst. Happy to say I had my doubts from before he even got here. The extension was a mistake. Can't compound it by making a bad decision. Meyer or Dabo or bust is the sort of thinking/arrogance that gets Texas into trouble in all facets of its organization. And with the way that department leaks like a sieve, a naked chase of those two (I mean, thinking Dabo will come here is just icing on the cake) is just more printable embarrassing information.

Edited by naija
  • Hook 'Em 2

Why are the former players for Strong so fucking stupid? Like yes Herman shouldn’t be the coach here but Charlie Strong has to be one of the stupidest fucking coaches ever at a major program. 

they forget they were integral parts of those 5-6 win seasons 

Edited by UhhhIdk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas