Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

I’m hearing 87%
i heard it from a friend, who, heard it from friend that Urban will only take the job if this thread reaches page 486 by kickoff on Saturday

I just hope that we don't hear it from another that he has been messing around.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Herman is fired mid season and a current coach is named the interim HC, Urban could hit the road recruiting as soon as he is hired because we wouldn't be over our coach limit.  That is a very good reason to do it now.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Taken from someone on IT...I’m sure he wouldn’t put his charity golf tournament profit on it

Fat Ketch just said in his chat that he would bet his paycheck on Urban Meyer being the next coach at Texas. Said Intel came together today. Don’t shoot the messenger.

call me when he'd be willing to bet money donated to charity on it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

I’m hearing 87%
i heard it from a friend, who, heard it from friend that Urban will only take the job if this thread reaches page 486 by kickoff on Saturday

Talk is cheap when the story is good.

edit: Shit I'm way too slow.

Edited by GringoSalado

20 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Herman is fired mid season and a current coach is named the interim HC, Urban could hit the road recruiting as soon as he is hired because we wouldn't be over our coach limit.  That is a very good reason to do it now.

Or we could Fire Herman, put Carrington on the road.  Not officially hire Urban yet, so that when he is asked on big noon Saturday about who he thinks will win between Oregon and USC, he can steer the topic back around to how great Texas is going to be in a few years.  He can make unlimited in home visits to top recruits as he "vacations" throughout the week.  Then officially hire him Thanksgiving day to get the most publicity for everyone watching NFL and College games over the next few days.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Wow didn't realize saban and dabo had already crossed $9M. I figured $10M per would get negotiated down into the $8's for the first year, but with those current numbers $9.5-10M year 1 is probably more likely.  This is nuts.

Glad it’s not my money

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Wow didn't realize saban and dabo had already crossed $9M. I figured $10M per would get negotiated down into the $8's for the first year, but with those current numbers $9.5-10M year 1 is probably more likely.  This is nuts.

10 million is probably what they hope to negotiate it down to.

6 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

Or we could Fire Herman, put Carrington on the road.  Not officially hire Urban yet, so that when he is asked on big noon Saturday about who he thinks will win between Oregon and USC, he can steer the topic back around to how great Texas is going to be in a few years.  He can make unlimited in home visits to top recruits as he "vacations" throughout the week.  Then officially hire him Thanksgiving day to get the most publicity for everyone watching NFL and College games over the next few days.

Excellent marketing ideas.  Username checks out.

9 minutes ago, JPETERMAN said:

I like it.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

TLDR nothing we don't already know.

? It explicitly states:

1. Herman likely won't be fired mid-season, which runs counter to everything being discussed on the recruiting threads re: saving the 2021 class/getting Ewers back.

2. Doesn't think Texas is 'coordinated' enough to pull off the Herman Urban hire. Which, again, destroys our best-case scenario.

Edited by satyanash

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

? It explicitly states:

1. Herman likely won't be fired mid-season, which runs counter to everything being discussed on the recruiting threads re: saving the 2021 class/getting Ewers back.

2. Doesn't think Texas is 'coordinated' enough to pull off the Herman hire. Which, again, destroys our best-case scenario.

1. That was before the Texodus of Ewers and his merry band of decommits

2. that’s one source he mentioned. That comment seems almost in passing. Hell even put a winky face on it

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas