Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

This job imho has proven to be too big for OJT. Neither Herman nor Strong took seriously the implications of underperformance. (Charlie's cake is baked good faith approach, and Herman's arrogant taunting players, trying to fight Gundy, LHN double birds) 

This next staff needs to be well put together. Cronyism and bringing your best buds along can't be tolerated. Bring in the best possible. 

Obviously this guy doesn't currently exist, but we need Darrell Royal. A no bullshit, top notch X's and O's guy that can lock down the state of Texas and put his guys in the NFL.

Edited by RoyalBevo21

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Spots, intentional grounding new rules, no call for roughing, very blatant block in the back, blowing a live play dead for no reason, incorrect dpi/opi calls (no calls). Just a few things.

In spite of that we still had a chance with the players but not with the coaches.

Those calls were all debatable and happen every game. We got away with questionable hits and multiple DPI too... B12 officials man? This game wasn't particularly uneven... ISU would kill to switch most players with us and we kept them in the game with mediocre play.

Edited by B00M
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I think Breece Hall’s (RB, ISU, duh) comments after the game sum up the state of UT football right now (especially under Herman): “It’s five star culture vs five star players.” 

Keep in mind the highest rated recruiting class Iowa State has had in the last decade has been No. 46. Texas has had classes inside the top ten and top twenty with one outlier year. So yeah, I would say that sums up our program. 

Four years into his regime, and not much has changed from when Tom took over. 

I hate we have to start over and hire a new coach. If that’s what we end up doing. I would certainly be more excited about an up and comer if we hadn’t already suffered through Strong and now Herman. 

if Urban is not in play, then I would just hope for a real coaching search where we actually interview the top candidates be it from college or the NFL. Meaning we interview a few of the names that have been mentioned countless times. As fans, we deserve a real search. Moo as always. 

I’m sorry but the 5 star culture is bullshit. 

5 star culture loses to to Louisiana? 

Get bent Hall. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

I’m sorry but the 5 star culture is bullshit. 

5 star culture loses to to Louisiana? 

Get bent Hall. 

We probably should've watched that game and emulated what lowly LaLa did on D vs a relatively unathletic ISU offense. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Hall's comments are exactly why are Admin and BMDs need to quit fucking giving a fuck about optics and go all in on ass kicking. Usually a sophomore RB at a school like ISU (not exactly a rival) wins a game and says something like "yea, really great team effort today, that was Texas team with a lot of good players and we pulled together blah blah blah."  Instead he basically takes a shot (that hit close to the mark but a shot nonetheless). As others have said, everybody already hates us, rubs our nose it etc...let's make that dude eat shit next year.  

Or we can be wishy washy optics pussies.  

What did he say?? Hopefully he ruffled some feathers. If Iowa St players are clowning you at a program like UT and pulling the curtains back, you are in a bad place.

Here's my issue.  Meyer did it twice at 2 different schools and went undefeated with the last one. that Utah team was beating the snot out of people even if it was a G5 schedule.
when you have a guy in G5 do it once, especially with less than 4 years you don't know if it is the players or the coach.  we are a cool 0 fer 2 in that department.
I'm not sure what the hell happened to Penn State this year but Franklin had a great resume.  Fleck is a fucking no go.  We are in a dire situation.  we need someone who can flip the recruiting on a dime(especially the OL and WR) and who we know can coach.
It sucks we let FUMB and then Patterson completely change the direction of the program with the Korn Ferry bullshit.
I guess we could money whip Cristobal but I'm not really sold on him either.  meyer could win this confence in his sleep. We just need him for 5-6 years.

Guys like Fleck and Franklin better coaches than what you are seeing this year. They are going to get a mulligan for this season. And I have that bubble gut feeling that Herman will get one too.

Until I see the press conference, I just won’t believe he is gone. The Bellmont cockroaches have been feasting for over 10 years. And CDC hasn’t fumigated yet.

Can’t wait for CDCs weekly musings “I loved watching our guys play hard and represent the university so well. Although this one ended in a heartbreaker no one is more disappointed than our players. The players and coach Tom Herman are looking forward to getting the season back on track at the little apple next weekend.” 
-CDC probably 

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Can’t wait for CDCs weekly musings “I loved watching our guys play hard and represent the university so well. Although this one ended in a heartbreaker no one is more disappointed than our players. The players and coach Tom Herman are looking forward to getting the season back on track at the little apple next weekend.” 
-CDC probably 

Hmm ... not too likely imho, given CDC's recent tweeting history.

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

-CDC probably 

That's probably pretty close, but there is no more track. I'm waiting for the post Dec 1st "end of the line".

5 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

-CDC probably 

Nah he’s toast. Idk if it will be this weekend or after the season but it’s done

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Nah he’s toast. Idk if it will be this weekend or after the season but it’s done

well CDC is an idiot to wait until after the season.  those days are over with the early signing period.  and if you happen to have Urban Meyer on the hook you give him as big a head start as possible.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We’ll wait until after the bowl when Michigan will lock up Fickle, Oregon will extend Cristobol, Urbs will say he’s happy on TV and we’ll be once again embarrassed on a national stage. Send me your $9.95. 

thats OK Fleck will still be available.  Row the boat!!!

Those calls were all debatable and happen every game. We got away with questionable hits and multiple DPI too... B12 officials man? This game wasn't particularly uneven... ISU would kill to switch most players with us and we kept them in the game with mediocre play.

Wait you have seen the new intentional grounding rules before? The one they made up on the spot that actually isn’t in the rulebook (according to BlackLab)?

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Wait you have seen the new intentional grounding rules before? The one they made up on the spot that actually isn’t in the rulebook (according to BlackLab)?

If a guy gets drilled as he throws the ball and the throw goes forward into the dirt, is it grounding? The game hinged on this call? 

42 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

No cap, look at his all time recruits

https://247sports.com/coach/luke-fickell-88/

Son of a bitch, baron browning. That triggered me instantly. Fuck it hire luke Fickell. He can coach and recruit LB’s. I’m sold because I can’t take anymore of this herman shit show 

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Hall's comments are exactly why are Admin and BMDs need to quit fucking giving a fuck about optics and go all in on ass kicking. Usually a sophomore RB at a school like ISU (not exactly a rival) wins a game and says something like "yea, really great team effort today, that was Texas team with a lot of good players and we pulled together blah blah blah."  Instead he basically takes a shot (that hit close to the mark but a shot nonetheless). As others have said, everybody already hates us, rubs our nose it etc...let's make that dude eat shit next year.  

Or we can be wishy washy optics pussies.  

How much longer are you pussies going to bitch and moan about the admin "caring too much about optics"? It's very obvious from anyone paying mild attention that both CDC and Hartzell are all in on Meyer. Stop acting like the only reason Meyer hasn't been hired by now isn't Meyer himself.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas