Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

10 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

"Ghostbusting" Ernie Hudson shilling for Thomas J Henry in front of one of the worst green-screened composites is so bad. So very very bad.

we've started getting radio ads for this asshole here in houston.  i suspect tv ads are soon to follow. 

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I don't know anything about singer Jill Scott, she seems nice, but, these Nationwide studio recording sessions are fucking awful.

I thought it was Yvette Nicole Brown from Community. Is that wrong?

Some of the most famous American actors do commercials overseas strictly for the dough. Many in Japan.

Brad Pitt

Leonardo DiCaprio

Johnny Depp

George Clooney

Uma Thurman

Julia Roberts

Bruce Willis

Sylvester Stallone

Harrison Ford

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Tommy Lee Jones

Clint Eastwood and John Wayne also did some of those as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Some of the most famous American actors do commercials overseas strictly for the dough. Many in Japan.

Brad Pitt

Leonardo DiCaprio

Johnny Depp

George Clooney

Uma Thurman

Julia Roberts

Bruce Willis

Sylvester Stallone

Harrison Ford

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Tommy Lee Jones

Clint Eastwood and John Wayne also did some of those as well.

I don’t think there’s the same stigma with commercials anymore. I feel like famous actors do voice overs or make appearances on a pretty regular basis 

On 1/31/2022 at 12:37 PM, NorthLoop said:

I was watching a stream of an English soccer game the other day and saw David Schwimmer in some random commercial on British TV. 

Was it for his dad's raisin and cashew mix? The ratio of raisins to cashews is way off.

18 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Chinless jewfro dude with the worst job on earth but a hot Indian girlfriend. Seems legit. 

To be fair, she always seems to be on the verge of breaking up with him. 

And maybe it's just my descent into middle age, but the Progressive "becoming your parents" commercials still crack me up every single time, even though I've seen them all hundreds of times at this point. They really ought to give Dr. Rick a weekly TV show (sponsored by Progressive, of course.) 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

This idiot in the new Peloton ad asking his girlfriend/wife "3 days in a row, huh?"

Dude... if your SO - who is way better looking than your fat ass - is doing Pelton every day you don't say a fucking word about it. You let that show just roll right along. If it's because she's cheating on you then whatever, it was over anyway. 

To be fair, she always seems to be on the verge of breaking up with him. 
And maybe it's just my descent into middle age, but the Progressive "becoming your parents" commercials still crack me up every single time, even though I've seen them all hundreds of times at this point. They really ought to give Dr. Rick a weekly TV show (sponsored by Progressive, of course.) 

The parking lot one still makes me laugh every time.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

"Who else reads books about submarines?"
"My dad"

Yep, that one hits a little too close to home.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 1/15/2022 at 6:31 PM, Billy Pilgrim said:

This is what I came to post. Her reasoning for stealing his food makes no sense whatsoever. It’s not clever or cute. It just doesn’t make any sense.

Yeah TB really needs to find a new ad agency because their last few offerings are REALLY bad and they are being played nonstop during the games this weekend.

The dumbest thing is that there are two Crunchwraps on the table.  But she takes one and he gets all pissed even though there's another one sitting right in front of him.

21 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I like the Caeser sports book commercial with the Mannings. I’m sure most people disagree but I actually think thd Manning brothers are funny. Hope they come up with something new for the super bowl.

https://www.rocketcitynow.com/article/sports/nfl/superbowl/super-bowl-ad-superior-bowl-michelob-peyton-manning-serena-williams-brooks-koepka/507-3603d5ee-37d0-45d2-bd35-3e233227d829

• Like 2