Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Seems like we might be due for an L and the Colts, IMO, are the best of the afc teams fighting for that 6 seed. They’ve won 6 of 7, and they hardly ever give up sacks. Ever. We’re going to need the offense to show the fuck up, because 9 points heading into the 4th quarter isn’t going to cut it 

• Like 2

Yeah they need it more, and are at home.  If TY plays, it's going to be a boost for them.

Their defense is similar to ours, and they're coached by a guy that knows our personnel and defense pretty well(outside of Amari). 

If the cowboys plays a slow, methodical, slug fest, it'll be close until the 4th and then either team could win, like most their games.  But they start slinging it around again and it could be trouble.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 2:03 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Seems like we might be due for an L and the Colts, IMO, are the best of the afc teams fighting for that 6 seed. They’ve won 6 of 7, and they hardly ever give up sacks. Ever. We’re going to need the offense to show the fuck up, because 9 points heading into the 4th quarter isn’t going to cut it 

Ding.   Ding.  Ding-a-fucking-ling 

• Like 2

At least you didn’t call into a radio station. Lol I was too nervous never doing that again. But Garrett had been here for a decade and won nada and if you don’t win as a HC in 5 years it’s improbable you will win not impossible. But which 31 nfl teams would line up to hire Garrett if we cut him loose?

At least you didn’t call into a radio station. Lol I was too nervous never doing that again. But Garrett had been here for a decade and won nada and if you don’t win as a HC in 5 years it’s improbable you will win not impossible. But which 31 nfl teams would line up to hire Garrett if we cut him loose?

Ha, I heard you.

4 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Ha, I heard you.

I suck. I wrote down what to say. In all fairness I just got back from my grandmothers funeral this weekend so I’m not my usual asshole chick self. What did they say? I couldn’t get the radio to work after I called in. I probably sounded like a dipshit.

I suck. I wrote down what to say. In all fairness I just got back from my grandmothers funeral this weekend so I’m not my usual asshole chick self. What did they say? I couldn’t get the radio to work after I called in. I probably sounded like a dipshit.

Jesse said it was a good question and he didn’t know. Talked about how the NFL is like a coaches fraternity so there’s no telling how Garrett would fare elsewhere (see Hue Jackson).

Just now, Anton Chigurh said:

Jesse said it was a good question and he didn’t know. Talked about how the NFL is like a coaches fraternity so there’s no telling how Garrett would fare elsewhere (see Hue Jackson).

Thanks. I’m just so frustrated watching a team I was raised to love get blown out. I know there is blame to go around here but honestly I just feel like it’s all smoke and mirrors with Garrett and has been for a while. I appreciate the comment back though. I feel like a chode. Lol

dak is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  we have the best RB/WR duo in the league and we struggle to put up double digits on offense due to dak being the most overrated, limited, useless cunt-wipe quarterback in the NFL.  almost anybody would be better.  nick mullens in san francisco would have this offense humming around 27 pts/game.  easy.  name another starting qb, most of the backups, too.  they’re all better than our inspirational little train wreck.  we just got blanked for the time since cokehead quincy carter was handing off to troy hambrick.  everyone who defends him is a dick-punching masochist who gets off on futility.  fuck all you pieces of shit. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

dak is the worst starting quarterback in the NFL.  we have the best RB/WR duo in the league and we struggle to put up double digits on offense due to dak being the most overrated, limited, useless cunt-wipe quarterback in the NFL.  almost anybody would be better.  nick mullens in san francisco would have this offense humming around 27 pts/game.  easy.  name another starting qb, most of the backups, too.  they’re all better than our inspirational little train wreck.  we just got blanked for the time since cokehead quincy carter was handing off to troy hambrick.  everyone who defends him is a dick-punching masochist who gets off on futility.  fuck all you pieces of shit. 

You missed a golden opportunity to mention the goat.... Mike White.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m more in the camp that the offense isn’t tailored to dak’s skill set / horrible play calling 

Also, the cowboys missed a huge opportunity not signing kingsbury as an offensive / qb consultant for the rest of the season. 

The temporary consultant opportunity went out the window when Kliff decided he wanted to be a college OC.

Dak shows flashes of greatness.  The problem is he also shows as many or more flashes of incompetence and downright awfulness.  The NFL values and thrives on the vast majority of its QBs being consistently good (and of course there are 4-5 that are consistently great).

I imagine most NFL GMs and coaches would tell you they would rather have a QB who played it down the middle of pretty good then great here and there and awful here and there.  

I think we have seen the ceiling and it's that of the sometimes amazing things will happen but not enough to overcome all the bad and carry a team to playoff and Super Bowl success variety.  

Time to start figuring out how to move on....I'm sure Jerry and the Ginger won't fuck that up 

Edited by Surly Bevo

57 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

That Center going to help his accuracy that is routinely terrible?

He seems to be under much more pass rush pressure this season which affects his or any QB accuracy.  Until Cooper showed up, he wasn’t getting much help by his receivers.

Get shut out. Check.

Redskins rally last Jacksonville. Check.

Eagles dump Rams. And check.

The Cowboys can’t really choke this shit away can they?
Does it really matter? The redheaded retard is still the coach. Dont act like you think they will see the NFC Championship. Zero Fing points. That's hard to do when you are supposed to be motivated to clinch the division. After that performance I am prepared for the inevitable january letdown. Not even going to get mad.

1 hour ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Im glad philly and wash won.  This team looked like a team ready to back into the playoffs.  They need their back against a wall. Also, linehan is a joke 

I came here to post this pretty much verbatim. This week was one of the first in a while that we didn’t have “our backs against the wall”. Put some fucking pressure on this team so they can either pull their head out of their ass, or choke and get Garrett fired. 

I do think they’ll bounce back though. This team was feeling themselves a little too much over these last couple of weeks, and they got a reality check today. You got shut out and dominated by a team that wouldn’t be in the playoffs in the afc if the playoffs started today. You aren’t nearly as good as you thought you were, but it is what it is. Nothing you can do about it now. But honestly, they probably needed something like this to happen (coupled with the other nfc east teams winning)

Edited by youdunnf'dup

This was the first time in 3 weeks the Cowboys didn't have extra rest days (bye week before the Thanksgiving game, then the Thursday Saints game, and then Philly), and look what happened? The other side's defense wasn't sloppy enough to give up points to the most inept offensive minds in the NFL. That combined with no urgency to win assures me that we'll end up 8-8 and outside of the playoffs (oh, and look both the redskins and eagles won). 

Die Jerruh Die! 

18 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

This was the first time in 3 weeks the Cowboys didn't have extra rest days (bye week before the Thanksgiving game, then the Thursday Saints game, and then Philly), and look what happened? The other side's defense wasn't sloppy enough to give up points to the most inept offensive minds in the NFL. That combined with no urgency to win assures me that we'll end up 8-8 and outside of the playoffs (oh, and look both the redskins and eagles won). 

Die Jerruh Die! 

Wait, what? Before today, we played 4 games in 21 days. That’s pretty rare by nfl standards. We shit the bed today in a game where, heading into the week, we had a 97% chance of making the playoffs. I think everyone in the organization let their guard down a little bit today. Not saying that’s an acceptable excuse, but better now than later (if there is a later, of course). This was easily the worst game I’ve seen them play in a few years. Maybe longer. I’m calling that the exception, not the rule. We are far from a juggernaut, but bad teams don’t win 5 games in a row in the nfl. I don’t care who the competition was. You got your ass kicked. Dust yourself off, put some ice on the wounds, and figure out wtf happened.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Wait, what? Before today, we played 4 games in 21 days. That’s pretty rare by nfl standards. We shit the bed today in a game where, heading into the week, we had a 97% chance of making the playoffs. I think everyone in the organization let their guard down a little bit today. Not saying that’s an acceptable excuse, but better now than later (if there is a later, of course). This was easily the worst game I’ve seen them play in a few years. Maybe longer. I’m calling that the exception, not the rule. We are far from a juggernaut, but bad teams don’t win 5 games in a row in the nfl. I don’t care who the competition was. You got your ass kicked. Dust yourself off, put some ice on the wounds, and figure out wtf happened.

Only that first week against the redskins is where we had the same days of rest as the opposition (4 nights), all the rest have had us at a 3 or so day advantage due to the 2 Thursday games in a row (saints only had from Sunday to Thursday ) and then we had an extra 3 days of rest before playing the eagles.

This stretch has been good, but we’ve also gotten some good scheduling (with brutal teams).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Eagles got that spark that Foles provides that Wentz can't. They looked much different tonight.

Eagles get a break with one of their remaining games being against Washington.  That is possibly the best match you can hope for when your entire starting secondary is out for the season.  The big question is can that secondary hold up against Hopkins and company next week.  Also beware the letdown game after a big victory (see Miami vs Minnesota yesterday) the game being in Philadelphia will help on that some but Houston also has a lot to play for next week now.    Of course Houston is an AFC South team and I gave my thoughts about that entire division early in the Cowboys-Colts thread.

3 hours ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Only that first week against the redskins is where we had the same days of rest as the opposition (4 nights), all the rest have had us at a 3 or so day advantage due to the 2 Thursday games in a row (saints only had from Sunday to Thursday ) and then we had an extra 3 days of rest before playing the eagles.

This stretch has been good, but we’ve also gotten some good scheduling (with brutal teams).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cowboys played at Philly who was coming off a bye week, then on the road at ATL the following Sunday, then home against Wash 4 days later, then home against NOLA 7 days later.  4 games in 18 days.   

This is is a ridiculous take 

• Like 1