Dallas Cowboys 2018 Regular Season Thread

Vic Mackey

14 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Wow this is dumb as fuck

Actually it's spot-on. When you do dumb shit and don't use your brain it almost always comes back to bite you in the ass. Look at the Bears. They had the opportunity last week to rest their guys and set up a meeting with the Vikings who they own and can destroy defensively but they didn't use their brains and it came back to bite them in the ass. 

Watch out for this top 5 draft pick now I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys stupidity lands the Giants an absolute Cowboys killer for years to come. They're a quarterback and maybe an offensive line piece or two from being a dominant offense. 

• Fuck You 1

Actually it's spot-on. When you do dumb shit and don't use your brain it almost always comes back to bite you in the ass. Look at the Bears. They had the opportunity last week to rest their guys and set up a meeting with the Vikings who they own and can destroy defensively but they didn't use their brains and it came back to bite them in the ass. 

Watch out for this top 5 draft pick now I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys stupidity lands the Giants an absolute Cowboys killer for years to come. They're a quarterback and maybe an offensive line piece or two from being a dominant offense. 

Um it’s not a top five pick first of all, secondly throwing games in order to potentially affect rivals draft picks is beyond stupid

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Um it’s not a top five pick first of all, secondly throwing games in order to hurt potentially affect rivals draft picks is beyond stupid

They're tied with the Bucs and Jags for the 5th spot but I'm not sure what the tie breakers are. Could be the 5th pick. If they had won that game they would be tied with 4 teams at 6-11. Depending on tie breakers it could have been a 6 spot drop. 

Besides, nobody said throw the game. You rest most of your starters on both sides, especially all of your best starters, to get ready for the playoffs and if the other team can't beat your backups then so be it. But you don't go balls out to win a game that does nothing for you. 

Thank God Seattle has a shitty OC who kept banging his dick in the dirt with the running game when Wilson was averaging almost 9 yds an attempt. May we get so lucky next weekend and Goff and/or the amazing child coach wither under the playoff lights. 

27 minutes ago, In10se said:

You're talking to retards here my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

44 minutes ago, In10se said:

Maybe they land your mom at nose guard 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, In10se said:

Why are you so afraid of the fucking Giants. Don’t get me wrong, to a certain extent i agree with you in regards to not sitting the players. The risk probably wasn’t worth the reward, especially after they made it to halftime with no significant injuries. But it worked out. It’s in the past. How is this still a topic in this thread lol? We’re on to LA, and the giants are at home scouting Olineman and qbs that’ll probably bust for them.

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Any chance the Rams org limits the sale of tickets exclusively to California zip codes? Otherwise this shit is going to be a straight up home game for our Boys. 

With the cowboys having training camp there every summer, it ain’t gonna matter.   There is a big fan base out there 

• Like 2

Any chance the Rams org limits the sale of tickets exclusively to California zip codes? Otherwise this shit is going to be a straight up home game for our Boys. 
I think the Cardinals tried this and it really didn't work. Since that is a defacto home game for us when they play there.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I think the Cardinals tried this and it really didn't work. Since that is a defacto home game for us when they play there.

I live in Tempe, right outside of Phoenix. There are a FUCK load of cowboys fans out here. A lot more than I would’ve ever imagined before moving here. And today all of them were repping the star in some way. But I guess i was too young to remember they were in our division at one point. 

3 hours ago, In10se said:

You're only looking at half of the picture, though.

First, it could be argued that momentum is just as important as rest heading into the playoffs. If you're at 14-1 with a determined seed and an experienced roster and everything seems to be clicking, then who cares what happens in Week 17? But Dallas has had recent struggles on both sides of the ball, so playing most of the starters and playing to win appears to have been beneficial.

True, Dak struggled at times Saturday, and maybe Beasley's ankle would be healed if he'd sat out Week 17, but the most important cog--Zeke--got his rest, and who's to say Dak wouldn't have had such a clutch fourth quarter without the confidence gained from beating the Giants?

It certainly seemed to mean a lot to him at the time.

And most important of all, if Dallas is so myopic for beating the Giants in a game that you contend was meaningless to the Cowboys, then how fucking stupid are the Giants for trying to win a game that absolutely was meaningless to them and counterproductive to their long-term goals?

The 'ginas have the 6th pick, tiebreaker is strength of schedule.

Another bonus of the Cowboys playoff victory is that the draft pick they traded to Oakland for Cooper will now be 25th at the earliest, can go later. It would have been the 21st pick had they lost to Seattle. The Raiders also own the 24 pick, which they acquired in the trade for Kalil Mack, on top of their own natural pick at 4th overall.

Edited by DougO

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

That was still incredibly stupid. You harmed yourself by winning a meaningless game and wore your defense out in the process. They stepped up to the occasion and played fast in the playoff game but wore down late and started looking slow giving up TDs. Wilson was abusing them through the air and if they had opened it up and stopped trying to run so much and instead went to the ton of playaction there is no Cowboys game next week. 

With extra rest does the defense wear out in the 4th? Maybe not. Better get up big on Rams next week and hope playoff Dak puts up another 14+ 4th quarter points. 

205ed1d14618ca22a3471215c818cb82.jpg

Not sure why, but I feel really confident this year compared to the last couple of times we've been here. Maybe it's because we're playing with house money at this point - who really expected to even make the playoffs after that Titans game? - or maybe it's because there's no Aaron Rodgers this time. 

But I'm damn sure excited for Saturday night.

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Not sure why, but I feel really confident this year compared to the last couple of times we've been here. Maybe it's because we're playing with house money at this point - who really expected to even make the playoffs after that Titans game? - or maybe it's because there's no Aaron Rodgers this time. 

Shit most thought they would maybe be a fringe 6 seed at best before the season. Much less at 3-5. And almost noone picked them to win the division and damned sure not advance in the playoffs. 

Also it sucks thag that we’re seeing people take away from the win. I see a lot of people saying Seattle should have won and only didn’t because of a kicker or their OC running the ball when wee were showing we couldn’t stop Wilson.  Ugh. 

Edited by Drew

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Also it sucks thag that we’re seeing people take away from the win. I see a lot of people saying Seattle should have won and only didn’t because of a kicker or their OC running the ball when wee were showing we couldn’t stop Wilson.  Ugh. 

Who gives a shit? The margin between winning and losing is so thin in the NFL nowadays. 

It’s because we have a defense that can close out games. In the past, Romo and company could score 30+ and the defense would give up more, usually late. This year we’re scoring in the teens and 20s and winning with defense. I always thought it was cliche but defense wins championships. This year is a great example with low scoring games in wildcard weekend.

Obviously it doesn’t matter...but after seeing so many shit on them last week, and all season, to expect a little praise after the game for our favorite team would Be nice to hear is all. 

Also so has anyone paid attention to their red zone scoring lately?  All season they sucked. One of the worst in the league. But ever since the shut out in Indy, they’ve been scoring like 3 out of 4 times in every game(Tampa, NYG, Seattle) since then I believe.  That’s a good sign of improvement at the most important time. 

Edited by Drew

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I'm glad Dallas is winning, but as long as The Clapper is on the sideline, I'm always going to  assume they're playing to only fifty percent of their potential.   He continues to be a complete liability.  

The Rams don't impress me though.  I think Dallas beats them.

Did you see him last game? He looked nothing like the clapper of old; actually getting animated at players, playing balls to the wall at the end of the game, and just generally looking like a real coach.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

It’s because we have a defense that can close out games. In the past, Romo and company could score 30+ and the defense would give up more, usually late. This year we’re scoring in the teens and 20s and winning with defense. I always thought it was cliche but defense wins championships. This year is a great example with low scoring games in wildcard weekend.

Agreed. In those Tony Romo games we had above-average defenses that could play with a lead but if we had to stop any sort of decent offense in a shootout, good luck. Our defensive backs haven't inspired confidence in me in a damn decade, and I think I'm finally getting close. Saturday I thought that exact thing, for the first time in a long time I'm confident that our pass rush can get there and our DBs can make enough plays to stop a late charge if need be, we're finally "good" not just above average. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass this weekend.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Obviously it doesn’t matter...but after seeing so many shit on them last week, and all season, to expect a little praise after the game for our favorite team would Be nice to hear is all. 

Also so has anyone paid attention to their red zone scoring lately?  All season they sucked. One of the worst in the league. But ever since the shut out in Indy, they’ve been scoring like 3 out of 4 times in every game(Tampa, NYG, Seattle) since then I believe.  That’s a good sign of improvement at the most important time. 

See, I’d rather them keep doubting us. There’s something to be said about silencing the critics. They don’t ever want to give in until they have to, and that’s fine. Just keep a mental blog of all the haters and the things they’ve said, and let that fuel you.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

See, I’d rather them keep doubting us. There’s something to be said about silencing the critics. They don’t ever want to give in until they have to, and that’s fine. Just keep a mental blog of all the haters and the things they’ve said, and let that fuel you.

I think it's justifiable that we're a heavy underdog on paper. Just keep at it is all you can do. These guys are pros, they know that it's all noise. Just do your job and win the game.