Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

"failed musician".  Dude was in a band in college.  So was I.  So were a million other dudes/chicks.  

I don't consider myself a "failed musician" because I no longer do it much.  It was a blast and I'd do it again every single time.

I used to make my living doing carpentry.  I don't anymore.  Am I a "failed carpenter"?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

"failed musician".  Dude was in a band in college.  So was I.  So were a million other dudes/chicks.  

I don't consider myself a "failed musician" because I no longer do it much.  It was a blast and I'd do it again every single time.

I used to make my living doing carpentry.  I don't anymore.  Am I a "failed carpenter"?

Ted is a failed senator, which is what the snappy comeback should be.

• Like 5

I think Cruz is probably annoyed - a year or so ago, he probably figured this was going to be a cakewalk and wouldn't even have to set foot back in Texas and rub elbows with the racist unwashed masses.  After all, this is Texas right?  And Texas never votes for a Democrat in statewide races right? 

But Beto has done what he's needed to do to make this a race and the main arguments that Cruz and his team cite as reasons to vote for him are, um...keep Texas red (even if it fucks over those very unwashed but gullible masses that he relies on)?  As far as I can tell, that's about the extent of they're selling and why you should vote for him.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 9:20 PM, Huckleberry said:

O'Rourke has the enthusiasm. Cruz has the historical voters who will show up and vote (R) or specifically for him without much enthusiasm. I think we're looking at a Cruz win by a margin of somewhere around 4 percent, honestly.

This is where I’m at on this race as well.  To me, it’s a foregone conclusion that Texas will soon go purple if not full on blue.  Within 10-15 years.  Maybe it’s possible the right candidate can move the needle faster.   

Odds might be against him but he’s got a chance. The momentum is nuts. Did y’all see the Waco crowd from recent. Nuts just completely unlike anything I’ve seen in a while. Raising money for this guy has been a walk in the park. People coming off the sidelines and getting involved everywhere. He’s got a real shot at this.

Ain’t got no issue with a guy who made mistakes when he was young if he’s “pro-immgration”, pro-choice, supports healthcare for everyone, wants reasonable gun control, and thinks it’s humane to advocate for the rights of all Texans even if he includes POC and the fruitcakes like me.

• Like 1

It’s cute how they label anyone “SJW” but take umbrage at being labeled “God Warriors” for their pro-theocratic Christian agenda 

Onward Christian Soldiers mofos. Fighting for sharia law since the days of Ronald Reagan.

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well Ted Cruz is a spineless cuck, so he’ll fit right in with the other republicans. 

Have we gotten to the point yet where scientists have just classified "cucks" as invertebrates?

Also I like this strategy.  Keep showing pics of young, hot Beto versus fat ugly Ted.

The women think the rocker is cute and a guy who got pinged for shit when he was young becomes every man’s man. Not sure the negs will work with the middle and the frustrated pubs considering Beto.

Question is will it get out the vote for trumpers more than it seems to energize Beto fans?

22 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
4 hours ago, RPM said:
In case you forgot why Texas likes Beto. 

Here's to hoping we end up with a lot more in Congress like both Beto and Will Hurd. How many bipartisan pairs willing to drive halfway across the country together do you think you could find in the current Congress?

You'd be surprised how many of them are friends/friendly enough outside of the Capitol. Unfortunately, those friendships don't get to play out in front of the cameras and TV ads.  Bipartisan is bad.  Doesn't appeal to the base.

Boehner and Obama were golf buddies

RBG and Scalia were very good friends, their families celebrated some holidays together

Biden and McCain

All of the female Senators of both parties still have dinners and lunches together

Scalia taught Kagan how to shoot a gun and they hunted together

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's sad that a politician like Beto is EXACTLY what this state and, moreover, country needs, but he will probably lose.  This is where we are.  Brisket, pour the whiskey.

Exactly on both counts.  If my representative in government starts from a place of decency and integrity, then 1) I'm pretty sure decent policy is going to follow, and 2) where we might disagree on policy, he will listen and there's actually a chance to persuade him or at least moderate his position.  That's all I want.  I've broken bread/had drinks over the years with plenty of leaders from both the D and R side of the aisle.  And until recent memory, most of them (not all, but most) were decent folks who could discuss policy, listen to arguments and reasons, and consider their position.  And they treated me, as a constituent, with respect.  I'm well aware that I'm not going to ever have a politician who does exactly what I would do.  Sometimes, I'll have leaders that do more stuff that I disapprove of then I approve of.

But if you told me that Beto was gonna be my Congressman, I'd be happy.

If you told me that Will Hurd was gonna be my Congressman, I'd be happy.

And yes, my approach is delightfully naive and quaint.  Thus, the whiskey.

Oh, and I've realized that my approach doesn't make a shit, and the only order of the day is THERE WILL BE BLOOD.  So, I'm voting against the GOP wherever possible.  Because they apparently need to suffer humiliating defeat before they'll contemplate returning to the land of reasoned discourse.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

You'd be surprised how many of them are friends/friendly enough outside of the Capitol. Unfortunately, those friendships don't get to play out in front of the cameras and TV ads.  Bipartisan is bad.  Doesn't appeal to the base.

Boehner and Obama were golf buddies

RBG and Scalia were very good friends, their families celebrated some holidays together

Biden and McCain

All of the female Senators of both parties still have dinners and lunches together

Scalia taught Kagan how to shoot a gun and they hunted together

No one likes Cruz

47 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

You don't see the irony on the first fucking line of this dumbass meme, do you?

This is the face of the wannabe Ignatius J. Reilley whose website is hosting that stupidity. He's almost as ridiculous and fat as the Orange Goblin running the country into the ground.

Image may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses and closeup

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: one or more people