The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

081b52b3ef104d893508b3b907b92b30.gif

LOlz.  Aside from New England and Minnesota, the blue counties are a virtual road map of dependency.

Image result for red and blue states

081417_fig_2.JPG

Edited by slorch

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOlz.  Aside from the Pac NW,New England and Minnesota, the blue counties are a virtual road map of dependency.

Image result for red and blue states

Are you saying that dependency in blue counties in the red states account for the overall dependency of red states? That's an intriguing (borderline absurd) proposition that invites a ton of skepticism for obvious reasons, but you have the floor. So in Kentucky, for example, that would be Fayette and Jefferson county. You need to show that at least(and really  well more than) $40B in federal subsidy is going to those two counties.

Show your work, @slorch.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

SNAP? Bless your heart.

[mention=354]slorch[/mention] - SNAP costs $71B for the whole country. That's about enough to run the one program, the F35 program, for about 4 years (probably less). 

Kentucky takes in $40B by itself. 

Food aid isn't where the real money goes.  Try again?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

Red states might generally be sick and fucking tired of being 'more dependent; while the blue states support other people having to be bogged down by such dependency.
spin, spin, spin...
You're right, your point is complete spin.

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:
50 minutes ago, slorch said:
Red states might generally be sick and fucking tired of being 'more dependent; while the blue states support other people having to be bogged down by such dependency.
spin, spin, spin...

You're right, your point is completely dishonest, as usual. 

there you go

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about the other day on the Trump thread.   Trying to discuss reality with moronic Trump supporters only reinforces their delusion that they are intelligent, thoughtful people with reasonable takes.   You might as well try to prove to a scientologist that L Ron was a con man who turned his bad science fiction into a money-making cult.  You won't get anywhere positive.   All you do is make them feel important and emboldened by the attention.  The right approach is to state the actual facts for the benefit of everyone else and, other than that, ignore them completely. 

• Like 3

Psst. The red ones are even more dependent than the blue ones.

That’s what’s most fucking hysterical - if you did a map of where the spigot of federal dollars and subsidies was turned on the hardest....yep, it would include most of the reddest of counties.

So, Slorch literally got his point 180 degrees wrong. If you’re mad at the counties where the most federal dollars get blown...look to the red ones.

24 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Slorch: "Red states might generally be sick and fucking tired of being 'more dependent" (fucking lol)

Also Slorch: "the blue counties are a virtual road map of dependency"

also Slorch: “I am not going to vote for the candidate who has the full support of 100% of the members of the House and Senate and near 100% support of Republican voters, I don’t support Trump at all.” 

I was reading the Victoria Advocate yesterday (gimme a break, I'm at my grandparents and they are in their 80s. Local paper is all they have) and it had an article that detailed this year's AG subsidies. 3 families in Victoria County received almost $250k each in subsidies for cotton to make up for the trade war with China. That's enough government handout for over 30 SNAP families for the year (assuming that a family uses $2k of SNAP a month, so worst case SNAP), but hey, it's a handout for Trump voters to make up for Trump policy, so that makes OK.

Biggest meltdown I ever witnessed was when I was at a friend's family dinner in 2010. The olds were R, a large chunk of the Youngs were D. The automotive bailout was brought up and they olds were talking about letting them fail because any business that needs the help of the government shouldn't survive, but then the Youngs brought up the banks being bailed out and that was the trigger point of all trigger points. Most of the olds either worked for a bank or had inheritance from family members that worked at a bank and their inheritance depended on the bank's survival. They went from leaning back and sipping on their coffee to elbows on the table, shouting and pointing about how the world works. Bailouts for me, not for thee.

See, when it’s hundreds of thousands in direct government subsidies to a few families (times tens/hundreds of thousands of such families), or millions/billions to businesses, that’s just “sound economic policy.” When its a few thousand bucks a year to a family so their kids have some basic nutrition so their brains actually develop and they might learn something in school so they have a shot at growing up and being self-sufficient, well, that’s “GUBMINT HAND OUTS, and that’s WRONG!”

If you’re pissed off about government hand outs, quit focusing on the small potatoes. Government cheese to poor people ain’t emptying the treasury; government cheddar to rich folks and big businesses is.
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

See, when it’s hundreds of thousands in direct government subsidies to a few families (times tens/hundreds of thousands of such families), or millions/billions to businesses, that’s just “sound economic policy.” When its a few thousand bucks a year to a family so their kids have some basic nutrition so their brains actually develop and they might learn something in school so they have a shot at growing up and being self-sufficient, well, that’s “GUBMINT HAND OUTS, and that’s WRONG!”

If you’re pissed off about government hand outs, quit focusing on the small potatoes. Government cheese to poor people ain’t emptying the treasury; government cheddar to rich folks and big businesses is.

The middle class capitalists in this country don't seem to understand that American capitalism would not exist without extensive involvement of federal government.

Edited by David Dennison

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

I was reading the Victoria Advocate yesterday (gimme a break, I'm at my grandparents and they are in their 80s. Local paper is all they have) and it had an article that detailed this year's AG subsidies. 3 families in Victoria County received almost $250k each in subsidies for cotton to make up for the trade war with China. 

This reminds me that I will be in Victoria soon for a family reunion where the conversations will be about the price of cattle, hay, cotton, and oil. Inevitably aggy football and Jimbo will be brought up. Damn,  I need a good reason to get out of going.

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

This reminds me that I will be in Victoria soon for a family reunion where the conversations will be about the price of cattle, hay, cotton, and oil. Inevitably aggy football and Jimbo will be brought up. Damn,  I need a good reason to get out of going.

The only way to get through that is to get good and buzzed and make constant subtle digs directed at trump and aggy.

Say did you hear trumps speech about airports last week? Thought it was pretty good. You? 

• Haha 1

I would hide at the Texas Burger the entire time, eating fried okra and gizzards, and spiking my iced tea with whiskey.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The only way to get through that is to get good and buzzed and make constant subtle digs directed at trump and aggy.

Say did you hear trumps speech about airports last week? Thought it was pretty good. You? 

Were Hispanic so there isn't a lot of vocal Trump supporters to be found at our gatherings.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I would hide at the Texas Burger the entire time, eating fried okra and gizzards, and spiking my iced tea with whiskey.

Haven't heard of that one before but I do usually pay a visit to Moo Moos for a taste of old school fast food and they do serve gizzards.

go hunting...

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Epstein reportedly indicted on new charges.

So new charges, handled by the Public Corruption Unit in Manhattan, whatever the PCU is.  And there’s is an unnamed defendant whose info is still sealed.

What if Defendant #2 is Dershowitz?

edit: PCU is part of the SDNY, and they had help from the FBI.

Wonder if Trump will stay silent on twitter.

giphy.gif

Edit 2: This will put Epstein away for life.  Wonder if he will spill the beans.

Edited by atomheartbevo

21 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I know he’s trying, but slorch’s swam impersonation is just not doing it for me. 

You can have that perspective, and it doesn't faze me one bit.  But the reality is I continue to positively impact hundreds of lives each year through my job and the mutual respect and gratitude shared with everyone around me.  And now I'm going to go back to work on perfecting my skills at being disingenuous and purposefully obtuse in order to fit my narative, and impart my wisdom upon the poor, the homeless, and anyone else in unfortunate situations by telling them to go pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

- Slorch

• Like 1

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So new charges, handled by the Public Corruption Unit in Manhattan, whatever the PCU is.  And there’s is an unnamed defendant whose info is still sealed.

What if Defendant #2 is Dershowitz?

edit: PCU is part of the SDNY, and they had help from the FBI.

Wonder if Trump will stay silent on twitter.

giphy.gif

Edit 2: This will put Epstein away for life.  Wonder if he will spill the beans.

Info on FBI's PCU.

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/public-corruption

On 7/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, Brisketexan said:

That’s what’s most fucking hysterical - if you did a map of where the spigot of federal dollars and subsidies was turned on the hardest....yep, it would include most of the reddest of counties.

So, Slorch literally got his point 180 degrees wrong. If you’re mad at the counties where the most federal dollars get blown...look to the red ones.

Im knee deep in rural bullshit. Some of these guys will bitch about the "welfare state," knowing full well that we both know that HE'S ON FUCKING WELFARE. The rest I'm sure are fine people. 

The government of Mississippi has decided that Mississippians are so dumb that they can't be trusted to know the difference between a hamburger and a veggie burger.  So it is now a crime in Mississippi to call a veggie burger a veggie burger. I am not making this up.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/7/3/20680731/mississippi-veggie-burgers-illegal-meatless-meat

This effort was led by Republican Congressmen Bill Pigott and Vince Mangold. 

“This bill will protect our cattle farmers from having to compete with products not harvested from an animal,” said Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation president Mike McCormick in January when the bill passed in the Mississippi state House.

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

What the actual fuck?  He's a straight up traitor to his country and his sycophants will laud him for it.   Lots of cunts.

The media is giving him a huge pass.  If Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer were doing the same, they'd be destroyed. 

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Simply unAmerican

This pustule is drunk with power and determined to maintain his criminal organization's hold on the power of the Senate. His crooked schemes with his wife to abuse power, and his stalwart defense of Trump's obvious criminality, immorality, and malignancy provides the essential evidence of what he and his party are up to.

Maybe child rape will be a line he won't cross, but I wouldn't bet on it. He should be dogged every moment he spends in public. 

• Like 3

The media is giving him a huge pass.  If Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer were doing the same, they'd be destroyed. 

Pretty fucking sick and tired of the way our media normalizes all this madness. (video emerges of Trump fucking 14 year olds) “Is it smart for the democrats to attempt to use this against Trump? Will it backfire on them? This could potentially end up being a big win for Trump....”
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This pustule is drunk with power and determined to maintain his criminal organization's hold on the power of the Senate. His crooked schemes with his wife to abuse power, and his stalwart defense of Trump's obvious criminality, immorality, and malignancy provides the essential evidence of what he and his party are up to.

Maybe child rape will be a line he won't cross, but I wouldn't bet on it. He should be dogged every moment he spends in public. 

I assure you, there is no line he won't cross.  Child rape?  Please.   He'd rape 100 kids, personally, in order to stay in power. 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Pretty fucking sick and tired of the way our media normalizes all this madness. (video emerges of Trump fucking 14 year olds) “Is it smart for the democrats to attempt to use this against Trump? Will it backfire on them? This could potentially end up being a big win for Trump....”

This is so on point. They too quickly skip to the implications behind the story to fuel their addiction to hearing their own opinions. What you describe will happen on consecutive one-hour opinion shows where the usual suspects from  academia, political parties, and journalism will beat this to fucking death.

The Final Solution. Will it really be a solution? Might this turn the public against the Hitler regime? Some say it's not even happening at all. We'll have all sides here to discuss the Chancellor's solution after these commercial messages. (cue golden Labrador used to either sell dog food or prove that olds can still play and enjoy life if they just take this pill whose side effects can include bloody stools, suicidal thoughts, the urethra being expelled from the body, and hourly kidney stones.)

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"Yes, he was having sex with a 14 year old, but he didn't want to, and didn't mean it literally, it's just that Obama didn't have sex with 14 year olds, so he is just kind of trolling the other side. That's his schtick, it's unconventional but that is just the way he does things and it's worked for him so far. So I certainly don't think the Democrats should fall into this trap Trump has set for them and stay focused on Trump having sex with a 14 year old, you know, I was with farmers in South Dakota last week and they were not talking about sex with 14 year olds, that's just not what the people "outside of the beltway" are focused on. It's time to move on." 

Edited by Lagunamadre

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

Simply unAmerican

trying to think of any way in which a person's continued membership in the Republican Party and/or vote for or support of any Republican for any office, at any level, isn't outright traitorous at this juncture.

i got nothin.

• Like 1

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult