The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I remember you telling me once...maybe 15 years ago..."You don't want to see what I wouldn't bang". I assume we've now seen it? 

You've seen three of 'em in one photo.  That's something, right there.

Although the shame of it is, Guilfoyle was pretty cute back in the day, before she went all-in on plastic surgery, MAGA, and being a completely insane harpie.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:04 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump is an asshole, bad for the environment, bad for the people. As soon as he got into office he set about trying to undo anything Obama did. He must have set some sort of record for siding with corporate interests over the health, safety, and welfare of the people. He made it his mission to appoint department secretaries who were opposed to the missions of the offices in their charge. If there had been a Henhouse Department he would’ve appointed a fox to run it.

But an article was posted that said the train that derailed in Ohio did not meet the “HHFUT” definition described and wouldn’t have been equipped with those brakes even under the Obama rules. That was apparently due to the Obama administration yielding to pressure from industry lobbyists. There may well be more to the story than that. I don’t know. But for all of the obstruction Obama faced trying to get anything done, he got a lot done. It was pretty much always better than nothing but in a lot of cases it would have been nice if he could’ve done more. And now apparently Pete Buttigieg is expected to have not only reinstated the Obama era rules but expanded on them just 2 years into his tenure. All while the main thing on his plate is this massive infrastructure project.

Not sure safer brakes would have done much or anything to avert the Ohio derailment.  The burnt bearing seemed to do a pretty dandy hob of stopping the train.

And, tbh, I'm not 100% sure what the correlation between better/safer brakes and flammable/hazardous materials really is.  I mean, I suppose better  brakes are just better, but I'm not sure most accidents are caused by brake failures.   I'm not a burn it down person, but sometimes federal regs don't make no sense.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:44 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Hope Hicks has a new job. It seems New York Knicks owner and huge Trump donor James Dolan used facial recognition technology to identify people who were critical of him, people like lawyers working on cases against him, and have them ejected from events at Madison Square Garden. Amid the PR fallout, he hired Hicks to “advise” him.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/31/james-dolan-hires-hope-hicks-to-consultant-him-on-msg-facial-recognition-scandal

Someone say Dolan?

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unstoppable force?  That needed a lot of French help to defeat a small part of the English army?

I read this like Morty Seinfeld, "Guerrilla warfare on their 'home turf' and French ships.  That's how you win Revolutions."  

To be fair to Haley, the Constitutional ratification process starts in 1788 and goes well into 1790.  In APRIL 1879, Washington becomes the first President.  while March 9th of that same year, the Constitution goes into effective operation across all "states."  It's a murky set of events that all overlap one another, but easily put out there in correct chronological order if she wants to.  Her base would have understood, but she knows they don't care so why bother fact checking.  Like how you don't really bother with spell check on a text to a spouse.  They know you well enough to know what you meant, but sometimes being accurate makes people think, "Oh, he took the time to double check that out of respect for my intelligence.  How nice."  

Now some enterprising twitter guru would find a way to elicit a response from her regarding our "Second War of Independence", War of 1812.  "While the first attack on our Seat of Government, the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. took place in 1814.  For being guaranteed all primary votes in Iowa and New Hampshire, on what date did the most recent, violent attack on our Capitol take place?"  Just to see her answer.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

After we all know about how fucking dumb he is, it really is something to hear how many historical errors he makes in a single :45 soundbyte.  

Says the Continental Army was named after Washington when it was named after the Continental Colonies from which the troops were organized. 

Says they suffered a bitter winter of Valley Forge.  It was the winter at Valley Forge. 

says they seized victory from Cornwallis OF yorktown.  Cornwallis wasn't from Yorktown.  He was from London.  You're not "xyz from name of town you're fighting in at the moment).  Like it Trump had answered the call and served in Vietnam, he wouldn't be "Trump of Saigon"...he would be "Trump in Saigon" or Trump at the battle of Saigon.  '

Says our Army "Manned the Air."  Human flight wouldn't occur for another nearly 130 years, with manned flight in warfare not occurring for another 140 years.  Unless he meant spy balloons or carrier pigeons.  

Says our Army "rammed the ramparts." I'm sure there's one instance of the Continental Army trying to take a British ramparted position, but the rampart fortifications were ours, not the British.  We didn't go around ramming our own defensive positions.  Unless there was money in selling that kinda thing to our enemies, eh Donald?  

Says our Army took over the airports.  The first airport wouldn't be established in the United States for another 135 years.  What possible scenario is there for a domestic army to attack its own airports, if they happen to anachronistically exist in your story?

Says the decisive battle in the U.S. War of Independence was at Fort McHenry.  That decisive battle would not be fought until late Summer.  Of 1814.  Over a decade after the death of Washington and Cornwallis.  Every kid who took 4th grade social studies knows this. 

Says that morning at dawn, the Star Spangled Banner waved defiant.  People didn't start calling it the 'Star Spangled Banner' until Key wrote that song 40 years later.  

On a day marking our Independence Day, the guy in charge of the government, in about :45 makes more mistakes about U.S. History than I did on my 2nd grade book report on George Washington.  If that was a short answer test in a college history course, he would make probably a D.  And people still think he's a genius.  I guess he must be in some way to have gotten this far.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ben Franklin was such an awesome POTUS.

Some say he was Electric.  But with all due respect, it was Samuel Adams who penned most of the Constitution of Independence.  It was the Bill of Revolutionary Rights that preserves our high-capacity weapons as envisioned first by Alexander Hamilton and those other two tenors.

11 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Some say he was Electric.  But with all due respect, it was Samuel Adams who penned most of the Constitution of Independence.  It was the Bill of Revolutionary Rights that preserves our high-capacity weapons as envisioned first by Alexander Hamilton and those other two tenors.

Sam Adams was a shitty President and is a shitty beer.