The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

44 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I've always thought that Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease was the pinnacle of irony.  

Almost as crazy as JFK getting shot right in front of the Kennedy Memorial.

Man, that is weird. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

DEW YOU'RE REASERCH, SHEEPEL!!!

The best part?  "No relation."

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

and Reggie Lewis...

Dude . . . Reggie Lewis was at the Super Bowl a few years ago and someone tried to give him the vaccine so Reggie stabbed him.

Edited by Bullneck

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I've always thought that Lou Gehrig dying of Lou Gehrig's disease was the pinnacle of irony.  

Almost as crazy as JFK getting shot right in front of the Kennedy Memorial.

what about the Pilgrims? they left Plymouth England in a boat and where did they land, half a world away? Plymouth Rock.  I mean, how crazy is that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Drool 1

19 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

what about the Pilgrims? they left Plymouth England in a boat and where did they land, half a world away? Plymouth Rock.  I mean, how crazy is that. 

We've gone round in a circle lads, back on the boat!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I'd like to see a Venn diagram of anti covid vaxxers and people who think we should stop funding Ukraine.
Prolly a full circle.

Ummm….it is. I still have a FB account, and haven’t deleted some folks who’s re hardcore anti vax, Trumpy, all that, because I’m curious to see how they think. And yes, those exact same people are totally against aid to Ukraine.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Being out of the US for a month has shown me just how much I do not miss being there. There is crazy folks everywhere you go, but right now the US is lapping the field in crazy. 

I have spoke to exactly two Americans and it has been so nice to be removed from things there. We are a completely broken group of people. We are far from the only country who fits that description, but man being away from Americans has been great. I look forward to making this permanent as soon as I can.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:23 PM, Jack Straw said:

Original pilgrims got lost on the way to the disaster colony that was Jamestown.  I still can’t believe they built the Alamo in downtown San Antonio.  

She wasn't shot for a refusal to comply. She was shot because she broke into the capitol and was literally crawling through broken glass trying to get to members of congress. She wasn't pulled over in a traffic stop and immediately dragged out of her car and beaten to death. 

Can't believe I'm even wasting the energy to type those words. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Dude, fuck you.  Spoiler that shit.  Also, "The Ground Round" logo was a nice touch.  

And what's the safety word in the Sanders Boudoir?  You guessed it, Covfefe.

Edited by YGIFS

The Epoch Times, Senator?  You mean that trusted publication that is often cited by right-wing think tanks and advocacy groups...never, ever, at any point in Congressional history?  

Does California need to be a better steward of its water?  Yes, yes they do. Does Epoch Times need to be a better steward of its insanity?  Yes, yes they do.  

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The grift never ends ….

Half a million bucks for a misdemeanor offense.  I believe it, but maybe you should listen to your lawyers or hire better ones that won't indulge your every little political persecution fantasy.

One of my "favorite" mountain bike youtubers is a guy named Kyle Warner.  I'm pretty sure he's pretty apolitical.  But he did get quite sick apparently from the COVID vaccine, specifically myocarditis.  There was no way of knowing for sure whether the vaccine caused or was linked to the vaccine, but he was ill-used by conservatards, possibly with his compliance.

In any event, he's pretty much back to normal now.  Messed up story.

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

One of my "favorite" mountain bike youtubers is a guy named Kyle Warner.  I'm pretty sure he's pretty apolitical.  But he did get quite sick apparently from the COVID vaccine, specifically myocarditis.  There was no way of knowing for sure whether the vaccine caused or was linked to the vaccine, but he was ill-used by conservatards, possibly with his compliance.

In any event, he's pretty much back to normal now.  Messed up story.

Vaccine Injury is a real thing (and the DoJ has a compensation program: https://www.justice.gov/civil/vicp)

It's baked into the formulas and data models and there is an acceptable % that will be tolerated, as with anything within a law of large numbers. Nothing is 100% safe.

That is why it's pretty weird when people act hostile to those who don't want to just blindly take new vaccines created in a rush, especially if they are in a low-risk profile (e.g. your risk of being vaccine injured is higher than dying of Covid, in this case if you are a young, active, healthy person). Especially when the companies that created the vaccines waive any legal responsibility to any adverse effects or issues that can happen to you (e.g. you can't sue Pfizer if your loved one draws a short straw and is one of the extremely low percentage of people who die from vaccine complications).

Edit to add: for clarity, I personally did take the two doses of the vaccination as mandated by my employer, gambling that the probability is in my favor that I would not have complications. That said I have empathy for those who made a different, personal decision. 

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 11

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why would you not take it if it’s an extremely low percentage that die from vaccine complications?

why would it be blindly taking it if you do?

In the case of the covid vaccination:

1) I did take it. I took it because historically it is an extremely low percentage that die from vax complications. However, these are vaccinations that are created using more traditional and time-honored approaches (thus more understanding of short, medium and long term effects and issues) and that have been around for a while. That said, I still figured I'd rather keep my job and the odds are low that I'd one of the ones drawing the short straw. But I still know someone, somewhere will be drawing a short straw.

2) Blindly taking it because it was rushed to market and there wasn't a lot of time that lapsed from creation->trials->wide public consumption. The blindly adjective meaning not being able to see with your own eyes a public response over time but trusting what institutions are saying (Government, Pharma companies, etc.).

edit to add: I don't mean blindly as a necessarily bad thing (though I personally view it as a negative), just a description of how there wasn't visibility.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 6

38 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

(e.g. your risk of being vaccine injured is higher than dying of Covid, in this case if you are a young, active, healthy person).

Fortunately, the only harm from Covid is death, so this is a logical evaluation of risk.

• Hook 'Em 1