The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The dumbest people alive. He represents the avg surly maga gqp poster ….

Their logic doesn't go past a 1-2 sentence post on FB or Truth Social. Basically Trump tells them it's Antifa so critical thinking is unnecessary.

They’re only comfortable operating in an echo chamber.

Reminds me of a conversation with my sister-in-law. My BIL was discussing starting a business; she was against it because of the bad economy.

I asked her what metrics she was using to label the economy as bad. She was just silent.

Prior to this she was talking about the world economic forum, bill gates, vaccines and “do your own research”. Obviously a Qdiot so I knew she couldn’t answer a follow-up question.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Love that this guy didn't let her get away with trying to pull the same jedi mind trick - "I can't remember if I voted for it and I'm not going to acknowledge that I was in no way responsible for the vast majority of it, but let's keep going back to '$40m that I brought' ..."  It's amazing that we have to praise journalists for not letting these jackhats get away with this, but kudos nonetheless and ...

10f64qmqvxv51.png?width=300&format=png&a 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, GenXer said:

They’re only comfortable operating in an echo chamber.

Reminds me of a conversation with my sister-in-law. My BIL was discussing starting a business; she was against it because of the bad economy.

I asked her what metrics she was using to label the economy as bad. She was just silent.

Prior to this she was talking about the world economic forum, bill gates, vaccines and “do your own research”. Obviously a Qdiot so I knew she couldn’t answer a follow-up question.

The government is too inept at running anything except elaborate deep state, long game schemes.  

5 hours ago, Bullneck said:

This is why Republicans won't appear on gotcha public television/radio programs.  They don't want to be fact checked in real time.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

The government is too inept at running anything except elaborate deep state, long game schemes.  

This is why Republicans won't appear on gotcha public television/radio programs.  They don't want to be fact checked in real time.  

And why on the rare occasions they do appear, they run the fast-talking-high-pants routine so the interviewer can’t ask anything of relevance. 

• Rage+1 2

On 1/28/2024 at 4:27 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Chicks dig artists. Chicks dig rich guys. If Rich Guy Artist Scott Adams doesn't have women hanging around him hoping for additional sperm, then maybe there is more going on in his personal life.

Counterpoint. R. Crumb

Well maybe not. He's kinda freaky but he got some too.

Nevermind. Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_8638.jpeg

The meme about daughters and "be smaller, be less" is exactly how the haters wish it to be. It's why it's so troubling to them. How can men such as themselves feel good about themselves unless females serve and obey them?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

someone show me where trump has donated at least $1mil to any charities ?

pay off money to side pieces does not count, or court ordered payments 

Trump is the most charitable person ever. If you rent out Mar-a-lago for your charity event. The cost is $2m but Trump will lower to $1m and please count the $1m discount as his donation. And not please, he requires a document that shows his $1m donation.

But it's far worse than all that.

After they impeach Mayorkas for not doing anything about the border, the impeachment will go over to the Senate.  And the Senate will have . . . wait for it . . . passed a bill to do something about the border.  So Fox News is going to have wall-to-wall coverage of the impeachment trial.  Because IMPEACHMENT! of a Democratic officeholder.  But during that, they're going to hear a bunch of senators--including a bunch of Republicans--talk about how the Republican House isn't passing the bipartisan Senate bill to address the border.

And that gives Democratic challengers a line of attack against Republican House members--"GQP Member X refuses to do anything about the Border; vote him out now!"  And that's going to be consistent with what GQP voters heard on Fox News during the impeachment trial.  It's an attack that is going to stick.  

So Republican House members are literally harming their own reelection efforts to forestall a border bill from being passed.  All on the theory that this helps Trump's campaign.

Whether it actually helps Trump's campaign is very questionable at this point.  It has become such common knowledge that the Republicans in the House are preventing a border bill from passing to help Trump--they're so stupid that they've said so themselves--that it takes the effectiveness out of the issue entirely.  Fox News viewers may still be fired up.  But not a single independent is going to have his vote swayed by the issue now.

And that's pretty much the definition of a cult.  House members are sacrificing themselves on the alter of Trump solely because Trump asks them to.  There's no obvious benefit.  There's not even a non-obvious benefit.  But they'll do it all the same, because the cult leader demands it.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Republicans had the house, the senate and trump in 2017-2018 and didn’t pass any border legislation. That’s my response to that bullshittery. GTFO with any border issues. You had your fucking window, bitches.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It has become such common knowledge that the Republicans in the House are preventing a border bill from passing to help Trump--they're so stupid that they've said so themselves--that it takes the effectiveness out of the issue entirely.  Fox News viewers may still be fired up.  But not a single independent is going to have his vote swayed by the issue now.

That’s an interesting POV, but I think Trump’s instincts are right on this one, as they unfortunately often are.
I’ve always kind of thought independent voting was dependent on thematic or subject matter advantage. 
IOW-  there are a bucket of  themes (not issues) that (however silly the reasons) the parties are respectively perceived by independents as having an advantage other the other. 

For Democrats those issues are healthcare, entitlements, the environment, abortion, etc.

For Republicans that’s national security, the economy, violent crime, and immigration, and somehow, personal morality. 

If the perceived subject matter advantage doesn’t belong to a party, the best that party can do is break even. For example, the best Democrats can do on the economy is break even. That’s why Biden isn’t getting the credit from independents right now the way Trump would. 

So if immigration is the thing, that advantages the GOP with independents unless the Democrat can either make healthcare or abortion a bigger deal, or, pull even on immigration and win on the totality of their advantaged themes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

This and the Taylor Swift hate are examples of the incel misogyny that goes on over there.

1.  If a guy can't get married, it's obviously the fault of women.  I'm 49, which means I'm old enough to be the dad of most Joe Rogan fans and I could get laid this week and married within 6 months.  If you're over 35 and can't get a date/wife/whatever, that says more about you than any woman.

2.  The Taylor Swift hate is obvious and folds into #1.  SHE is elevating HIM, not the other way around.  That makes their brains hurt.  Also, he's obviously better looking and cooler than them and he got the girl, they didn't.

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, GenXer said:

Republicans had the house, the senate and trump in 2017-2018 and didn’t pass any border legislation. That’s my response to that bullshittery. GTFO with any border issues. You had your fucking window, bitches.

Hey dumbass, Mexico was gonna pay for that wall.  We got stiffed by a bunch of illegals.