The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

58 minutes ago, Captainant said:

We can file this one under: no fuckin shit, sherlock.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-infected-russian-propaganda-michael-mccaul-ukraine-aid-package-1886742

"I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it's infected a good chunk of my party's base," House Foreign Affairs Committee chair and Texas Republican, Michael McCaul, told Puck News.

Troy Baker No Shit GIF by RETRO REPLAY

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

She’s an anti-vaxer, interior designer, and stages homes for real estate agents.

Much more qualified for the gig than the democrat she beat who went to west point, graduated with an aeronautical engineering degree, served as a helicopter pilot in the army, was a board member of the local airport and owned a construction biz.

Sigh. Maine is at the top of my list when I move out of texas.

• Rage+1 8

31 minutes ago, GenXer said:

She’s an anti-vaxer, interior designer, and stages homes for real estate agents.

Much more qualified for the gig than the democrat she beat who went to west point, graduated with an aeronautical engineering degree, served as a helicopter pilot in the army, was a board member of the local airport and owned a construction biz.

Sigh. Maine is at the top of my list when I move out of texas.

I hope you plan on living in a city, otherwise you’re in Wimberley with colder weather. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I'm gonna have to take exception to the Chili's shot.  The chicken crispers are delicious.  

Maybe the OG crispers, but those don't exist anymore :(

Chili's chips, salsa, and baby diarrhea "queso" until I dieeeeeeee

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Well, I'm in the restroom about to get dressed and head to my daughter's open house at school where I looked forward to her project on women in politics.  Super proud of her project.  And I see this shit, so I call while I'm getting dressed.  I actually get Rep. Libby (funny to me because there's a Ms. Lippy at her school as in Billy Madison.  But I ask her that while they certainly had freedom to assemble and even carry weapons...how can she say they didn't do anything illegal.  She defends and repeats her position and commentary as posted in this video.  So I ask, even if you ignore their crimes in the macro sense, "You do realize they were actually found guilty on hundreds of counts for committing illegal activities, war crimes, crimes against humanity, etc. at Nuremberg."  The fucking cunt's reply was, "I don't know what Nuremberg Court means.  Sounds made up by you to try to embarrass me and yourself."  

This happened today.  By an elected official.  In a swing state.  Today.  I'm not saying everybody should have an intricate knowledge of the Nurburging.  But when you're a state-elected official talking about Nazis, maybe do 30 seconds of homework you fucking shitheap.  There were literally dozens of them found guilty or pleaded to crimes and illegalities.  which is a polite way of saying found guilty pf crimes against humanity.  So maybe start there bitch and then lecture us on the right to peacefully assemble to worship fascists.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Well, I'm in the restroom about to get dressed and head to my daughter's open house at school where I looked forward to her project on women in politics.  Super proud of her project.  And I see this shit, so I call while I'm getting dressed.  I actually get Rep. Libby (funny to me because there's a Ms. Lippy at her school as in Billy Madison.  But I ask her that while they certainly had freedom to assemble and even carry weapons...how can she say they didn't do anything illegal.  She defends and repeats her position and commentary as posted in this video.  So I ask, even if you ignore their crimes in the macro sense, "You do realize they were actually found guilty on hundreds of counts for committing illegal activities, war crimes, crimes against humanity, etc. at Nuremberg."  The fucking cunt's reply was, "I don't know what Nuremberg Court means.  Sounds made up by you to try to embarrass me and yourself."  

This happened today.  By an elected official.  In a swing state.  Today.  I'm not saying everybody should have an intricate knowledge of the Nurburging.  But when you're a state-elected official talking about Nazis, maybe do 30 seconds of homework you fucking shitheap.  There were literally dozens of them found guilty or pleaded to crimes and illegalities.  which is a polite way of saying found guilty pf crimes against humanity.  So maybe start there bitch and then lecture us on the right to peacefully assemble to worship fascists.  

Jesus, dude. She studied theory of color and lighting in her heavy interior design coursework. You think that curriculum has any time for trivial subjects like the trials of the largest assortment of genocidal conspirators of the 20th century?

I can’t imagine how this assortment of great GQP thinkers has no issue with right wing authoritarianism.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 3:40 PM, VivaNaranja said:

God I fucking hate Troy Nehls. I don't get it. Fort Bend voted for Clinton, for Biden, they rejected his dipshit brother for sheriff. How did we send this twat to DC? I know Richmond and Rosenberg are pretty redneck but Sugar Land is just... not Nehls.

This douche is my rep:

spacer.png

Wearing a bowtie in now top 3 on my list of "signs that someone is an obnoxious douchebag" ....my apologies to Dr Guy (freshman calc prof at UT) who was the  first person I was ever around that always wore a bow tie, and was a tremendous person. 

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Here's your market report for the day.  I'm glad I didn't buy this a month ago at $70. You know, I've been reading it's really tough to short this stock due to a lot of broker expenses.  If Trump was really so smart, HE'D be the guy shorting the stock:

The  problem with that plan is Trump would be on the hook to regularly pay the borrowing fee for the stock . He would likely default in the first month, when he accuses the brokerage of not holding up their end of the bargain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Jhawkmvp said:

There have been a lot of studies about what liberals and conservatives respond to. Basically conservatives respond to fear. Immigrants are coming to rape and kill your family, teachers are turning your kids LGBTQ, democrats want to take your guns, etc. Liberals are more motivated by inclusion/bringing people together.  Probably when we were tribal they both served a purpose. More liberal members of the tribe want to bring in new people and ideas, while conservative tribal members were like be careful, maybe this guy is not going to help us. so the tribe was selective in what they brought in rather than accepting all and maybe destabilizing on risking the tribe by bring in the wrong people/ideas.

I saw a survey a couple of weeks ago that showed Biden/Trump and who people would vote for based on the issues and what they had said about them. Most were pretty dead even, but where Biden crushed Trump is when they told the voters what Trump and Republicans have said about Social Security vs. what Biden wants to do with it. Biden jumped out to like a 15 point lead. Abortion is the same, they need to hammer that and play up the coming for birth control stuff, no exceptions for rape/incest/life of the mother - what if that is your wife or daughter?  If you can make more conservative people fear something more than the fears the GQP is spreading you have a chance to bring in some votes. Trying to message conservatives or conservative leaning voters with messages of hope or positivity will not resonate with them like it does more liberal voters. You have to make them fear something.  Probably how you can reach some family members/friends in the Trump cult if you know the fear buttons that might motivate them to turn against him.

This is great information.

4 hours ago, Captainant said:

We can file this one under: no fuckin shit, sherlock.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-infected-russian-propaganda-michael-mccaul-ukraine-aid-package-1886742

"I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it's infected a good chunk of my party's base," House Foreign Affairs Committee chair and Texas Republican, Michael McCaul, told Puck News.

200w (3).gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GenXer said:

Yeah. I’m planning on being a downeaster.

I have it on good authority that all Surlsters have come to the idea that moving to Colorado will solve all woes. Who are you and what did you do to GenXer?

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I have it on good authority that all Surlsters have come to the idea that moving to Colorado will solve all woes. Who are you and what did you do to GenXer?

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

13 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Stop being a pussy and call them fucking stupid, and let them know you're laughing at them. "I didn't think you were dumb before, but I'm always revising my opinions when I receieve new data."

These dipshits used to be quiet and ostracized from society when they said stupid shit. Now there are no consequences. Us not calling a spade a spade is on us. 

I’d toss this into the mix - a lot of us have encountered friends and family who say the 2020 election was stolen (stollen!) or rigged somehow. 

The response needs to be “if you truly believed it was stolen, then you would have been in D.C. on January 6th like Trump asked you to be, but you weren’t there like Trump asked so either you didn’t believe it was stolen or you didn’t care if it was.  I’m leaning toward you didn’t believe it.”

Or to keep it simple:

Relative: The election was stolen

You: Why didn’t you care enough to go to D.C. on January 6th?

Make them uncomfortable.  Don’t challenge how it was “stolen” either. Just ask them why they did nothing on January 6th.  If you try to argue how it was stolen, you give them wiggle room to try and flood the conversation with conspiracy bullshit.  

Just go along with them believing it was stolen and hammer away at why they weren’t in D.C., because with that simple question there is no excuse they can give that will make them or their argument sound good.  The kids being in school or a dental appointment or meeting at work will sound weak.    

You can toss in that if you believed an election was stolen, you sure as hell wouldn’t sit around whining on Facebook, you’d be in D.C.  

• Hook 'Em 5

The ‘Ring has like 150+ corners it is tough to memorize.
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Jhawkmvp said:

Most were pretty dead even, but where Biden crushed Trump is when they told the voters what Trump and Republicans have said about Social Security vs. what Biden wants to do with it. Biden jumped out to like a 15 point lead. Abortion is the same, they need to hammer that and play up the coming for birth control stuff, no exceptions for rape/incest/life of the mother - what if that is your wife or daughter?  If you can make more conservative people fear something more than the fears the GQP is spreading you have a chance to bring in some votes. Trying to message conservatives or conservative leaning voters with messages of hope or positivity will not resonate with them like it does more liberal voters. You have to make them fear something.

While I want to agree with this, in the end the democrats will have no counter to fear of losing guns.  I’m pretty sure Republicans care more about guns than social security or their wives and daughters (likely in this order). 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Huh. I assumed there was a rally recently somewhere that she decided to defend.  But she’s talking about THOSE nazi

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This also underscores what I’ve come to realize in the past few years. Conservatives think humans are inherently bad, which leads them to being fearful. Liberals think humans are inherently good, which is why they respond to hope and inclusion. It’s a fundamental difference in how people view the world around them. 

Meh, I think most humans are shitty and stupid. I'm just not a selfish, religious or classist asshole, and realize all we have is each other. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
Can never figure out how to delete quotes on mobile

1 hour ago, brown water said:

While I want to agree with this, in the end the democrats will have no counter to fear of losing guns.  I’m pretty sure Republicans care more about guns than social security or their wives and daughters (likely in this order). 

For sure in Texas anyway.

17 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Meh, I think most humans are shitty and stupid. I'm just not a selfish, religious or classist asshole, and realize all we have is each other. 

I didn't say shitty and stupid.  Fully agree there.  But I do think MOST (i.e. a majority, maybe just barely) are inherently "good".  They want to do the right thing.  Now, a ton of them have been brainwashed to think the right thing is to hurt other people.  That's a problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Conservatives think humans are inherently bad, which leads them to being fearful. Liberals think humans are inherently good

Nah. I’m practically a red commie and I think humans are THE WORST. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I didn't say shitty and stupid.  Fully agree there.  But I do think MOST (i.e. a majority, maybe just barely) are inherently "good".  They want to do the right thing.  Now, a ton of them have been brainwashed to think the right thing is to hurt other people.  That's a problem.

Yeah the people who vote right think everyone they meet is out of get them or take something from them they feel they “earned” or are “entitled to”

I hate humans and think they suck but I don’t assume every person I encounter is trying to take something from me or is out to get me / hurt me. 

If a random person approached me a grocery store, my instinct is to be cautious (bc ugh, human being) but I’m not assuming they’re going to con me or rob me. On the flip side, your average Republican’s first thought is probably “I need my gun so I can blow away this person who is going to rob or rape me”

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah the people who vote right think everyone they meet is out of get them or take something from them they feel they “earned” or are “entitled to”

…except for the con artist they voted for. That guy is totally above board and his $60 Bible was worth every penny!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

…except for the con artist they voted for. That guy is totally above board and his $60 Bible was worth every penny!

That’s bc he’s white and their God and Fox News says it’s okay 

My favorite is believing in every conspiracy theory under the sun. Biden is somehow a crook, Tom Hanks eats babies, Hillary is a murderer, etc. “Hey what about Trump’s 91 felony counts in four trials and his rape case?”
“Eh, all bullshit. BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT KAMALA HARRIS AND HER DRUG RING…..!!”

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My favorite is believing in every conspiracy theory under the sun. Biden is somehow a crook, Tom Hanks eats babies, Hillary is a murderer, etc. “Hey what about Trump’s 91 felony counts in four trials and his rape case?”
“Eh, all bullshit. BUT LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT KAMALA HARRIS AND HER DRUG RING…..!!”

No, you've got it wrong. Biden is a pedophile based on passages in his daughter's stolen diary (which has never been verified, mind you) and his son is the crook.

15 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No, you've got it wrong. Biden is a pedophile based on passages in his daughter's stolen diary (which has never been verified, mind you) and his son is the crook.

All of this is somehow true:

• Pedophile based upon his daughter's unverified stolen diary
  • Criminal mastermind based upon his son's unverified emails from a laptop that somehow ended up in Rudy's possession, full of Russian disinformation
  • Drooling senile moron
  • Election stealer
  • Shrewd negotiator who has absolutely owned the fuck out of Mike Johnson and Kevin McCarthy
Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1