The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Have nowhere else to put this. I was Opening Day in Arlington tonight. Left a little early and got in the car just as they had the 7th inning stretch on the radio. It was the worst rendition of “Proud to be American” I’ve ever heard. Wow. The fact that they play that song there is grotesque too. Try and find a recording of it because it was just terrible.

Also, Hot Wheels was there. I booed him.

Worse than if she performed it?

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude....violently putting sinful women in their place is a FEATURE, not a bug.  Shit, it may be his bumper sticker: "Vote for the guy who will put mouthy harlots in their place."

If he can start here:

Boro-Lauren-Boebert.jpg

maybe we can give him a trial run in some small local role ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You have to love those good Christians who are willing to forgive rape if a woman is wearing shorts because, after all, she asked for it.  There's very little difference between Conservative Islam and Evangelical Christianity. 

image_2024-03-29_113004467.png

Coming soon to Texas.

• Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

There's very little difference between Conservative Islam Crazy Religious People and Evangelical Christianity. Crazy Religious People

They're all the same. Control = Power

2 minutes ago, royiv said:

What the heck sort of glitch do we have going on here? While I agree with the sentiment, I don’t want to take credit for @Horn Under a Bad Sign’s content.

He selected part of HUABS’s quote in your post and chose “Quote selection” which attributed it to you. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

What the heck sort of glitch do we have going on here?

Like I just did with my post above. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

They're all the same. Control = Power

The best summation for that was some guy in Oklahoma (the Okie version of Talarico) who said it's about "ICP" - intrusion, control, and punishment.

Easy to remember and pretty accurate.

(Edit: found it)

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If you wanna take your kids to Discovery Green on a Friday night, this is allowed and normalized. Fun times.

I'm not sure why we allow mentally ill people to walk around with guns in public.  Doesn't seem like a great idea.

• Rage+1 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

Shouldn't this dipshit be getting a visit from Secret Service or whoever investigates threats against POTUS?

There's two things at play here -- first, the tailgate wrap and second, that Trump shared the video on Truth Social.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-shares-image-of-biden-tied-up-in-the-back-of-maga-pickup-truck/

Donald Trump posted a video to his Truth Social account showing a pickup truck whose tailgate featured a photoshopped image of a tied-up President Joe Biden being hauled away.

The truck in question can be seen driving in what looks like a caravan of Trump-themed trucks.

Above the video, Trump posted, “3/28/24 | LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK…” and the post is labeled as “viral.”

On X, formerly Twitter, right-wing watchdog group Patriot Takes posted about the Truth Social video.

Another X user posted what looked like a different truck sporting the same image.

Journalist Sandi Bachom posted,”The guy that drove that truck sent the video to me, Dan Scavino tweeted it. I filmed it at the Kathy Griffin protest.”

Trump was recently criticized for saying, “if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath,” in a rally speech, causing some pundits to fear he would promote violence if he lost to Biden in November. Trump refuted this claim, saying he was talking about the auto industry, not the country as a whole. His full statement from May 18:

We’re gonna put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not gonna be able to sell those guys if I get elected. Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it, it’s gonna be a bloodbath for the country, that’ll be the least of it.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 11.20.33 AM.png

Edited by C-Man

On 3/29/2024 at 10:33 AM, TexEx15 said:

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It gets better.

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And better

15 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Kudos to that reporter for calling him out on his bullshit. I wish more would do the same. That's their job!

that reporter is just the Denver NBC affiliate nightly newscast guy, i see him all the time for the 10pm local news...i had no idea he was kind of a badass at this. national anchors could take notes, i'm legitimately impressed. i couldn't even imagine a local Austin news anchor pinning Abbott or Paxton down like that! of course... those chickenshits would never agree to even be interviewed 🙄

sure Lopez will win that district bc 'R', but if he's running for governor he's gonna get slaughtered lol.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, Smax said:

“Pro wrestling culture” is spot-on and I’ve been saying the same thing since 2015.

Trump was essentially cutting extended wrestling promos at his rallies. And his rank and file acolytes received it like wrestling fans. I remember one article in which a CNN cameraman reported that the crowd jeered him throughout a rally but, afterward, several attendees approached him to say what a great job he was doing. It was like they thought the Trump’s whole attack on the media was just a WWE storyline and each side was just playing a role. I’ve seen the same exact behavior from fans at a live wrestling show. Which might explain why Trumpers are unbothered when confronted with evidence that Trump doesn’t truly believe what he says. That’s not jarring to them because they instinctively believe he’s just playing a role. 

The problem occurs when and if fiction starts morphing into reality. That Trump might not believe, for example, that the media is the enemy of the people will be cold comfort if his crowd internalizes the fictional narrative and persecutes the media on his behalf. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well, was the right to a scooter enshrined in the Constitution using vague wording about said right through the assembling of a well regulated group of scooter riders?

We definitely need to apply latin grammar rules imported into English in the 1800s onto phrases written by people in the 1700s who spelled "Congress" with two Fs

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If you wanna take your kids to Discovery Green on a Friday night, this is allowed and normalized. Fun times.

Fatty was out past his bedtime.

47 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

“Pro wrestling culture” is spot-on and I’ve been saying the same thing since 2015.

Trump was essentially cutting extended wrestling promos at his rallies. And his rank and file acolytes received it like wrestling fans. I remember one article in which a CNN cameraman reported that the crowd jeered him throughout a rally but, afterward, several attendees approached him to say what a great job he was doing. It was like they thought the Trump’s whole attack on the media was just a WWE storyline and each side was just playing a role. I’ve seen the same exact behavior from fans at a live wrestling show. Which might explain why Trumpers are unbothered when confronted with evidence that Trump doesn’t truly believe what he says. That’s not jarring to them because they instinctively believe he’s just playing a role. 

The problem occurs when and if fiction starts morphing into reality. That Trump might not believe, for example, that the media is the enemy of the people will be cold comfort if his crowd internalizes the fictional narrative and persecutes the media on his behalf. 

Yeah, I've had similar thoughts.  That Trump is basically a political "Stone Cold" Steve Austin with a kayfabe sticking it to "the man" schtick, and it resonates with people that feel (rightly, wrongly, its sorta immaterial) that they have been fucked over by "the man" as well.  Trump cleverly manages to lump in anyone who threatens him into the collective "man" that is holding all his aggrieved followers down.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

This COMPLETELY tracks.  They think this is all just happening on their screens and isn't really real.  Of course, the 1/6 terrorists found out the hard way that it is in fact quite real.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This COMPLETELY tracks.  They think this is all just happening on their screens and isn't really real.  Of course, the 1/6 terrorists found out the hard way that it is in fact quite real.

4 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The irony is it's team sport to them. When unprompted you explicitly state "I'd rather a Russian than Democrat" while also trying to keep your foot safely on the the "America First" base, you have no team and should rightly fuck off, patriot.

• Hook 'Em 1