Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

34 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If there was ever a moment when a player wished he hadn't declared, this is exhibit 1 that needs to be shared in the future.

"Dont LJH yourself by declaring too early for the draft"

I think these are inherent personality attributes that would not have been "fixed" by another year in college. He is who he is. Hope somebody gives him a chance and that he balls out. But I doubt he gets drafted.

40 minutes ago, markstanco said:

If there was ever a moment when a player wished he hadn't declared, this is exhibit 1 that needs to be shared in the future.

"Dont LJH yourself by declaring too early for the draft"

hypothetically... even though he’s declared and participated in the combine if he had not signed or contacted an agent would he still be eligible to return?  would he be allowed to re-enroll?

Eyes of Texas:  

I was able to catch up with three members of NFL teams who were in attendance at UT’s Pro Day, and here’s what they had to say about:

WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey

“A lot of teams gathered around him after the Pro Day concluded to find out why he didn’t run routes and catch the ball today and only did blocking drills. He ran routes at the combine, but it just seemed odd that he wanted to show teams he could block and do tight end-type things — he even did some stuff with the offensive line — when he’s 220 pounds and going to be a big slot in the NFL.” … “I really like Lil'Jordan Humphrey. I think he’s a football player. But I think his lack of speed is going to make it possible he goes undrafted. He didn’t really improve his 40 time today. He was still in that high 4.7, low 4.8 range. But he plays fast on film, because he knows what he’s doing and where he’s going. So he just needs to get to camp with someone and be the aggressive, smart football player he’s shown to be on film.”

46 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Eyes of Texas:  

I was able to catch up with three members of NFL teams who were in attendance at UT’s Pro Day, and here’s what they had to say about:

WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey

“A lot of teams gathered around him after the Pro Day concluded to find out why he didn’t run routes and catch the ball today and only did blocking drills. He ran routes at the combine, but it just seemed odd that he wanted to show teams he could block and do tight end-type things — he even did some stuff with the offensive line — when he’s 220 pounds and going to be a big slot in the NFL.” … “I really like Lil'Jordan Humphrey. I think he’s a football player. But I think his lack of speed is going to make it possible he goes undrafted. He didn’t really improve his 40 time today. He was still in that high 4.7, low 4.8 range. But he plays fast on film, because he knows what he’s doing and where he’s going. So he just needs to get to camp with someone and be the aggressive, smart football player he’s shown to be on film.”

Bet none of the quotes are from the Cowboys.   FA..  to the Boys..  deal already done unless somebody sees thru it and drafts him late.

• Like 2

why are some saying LJH made a mistake to leave early? Would his 40 time dramatically improve had he stayed?  

He's a big strong WR with excellent hands and can catch anything in heavy traffic.  Lots of 4.6 WRs in the league, so what's the problem?

His (new) trainer was on The Horn today and said he improved his 40 with times ranging from 4.55 to 4.62.  And when Trey asked to clarify he said and some 4.66 and 4.68.  So it seems he marginally improved the time maybe.  He also said he felt his routes and catching were good at the combine and did the blocking to show how explosive he is now that he's put some weight back on.

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

why are some saying LJH made a mistake to leave early? Would his 40 time dramatically improve had he stayed?  

He's a big strong WR with excellent hands and can catch anything in heavy traffic.  Lots of 4.6 WRs in the league, so what's the problem?

yeah....now check for 4.8's

He was outrun by 15 LB's, 14 DE (Edge rushers), 10 TE, 7 QB's and 2 DL at this years combine.

Look, I'm not bagging on the guy...I think he's a good football player and can make it in the league...but his time is his time.

His straightine speed isn't good for his position.

The fact that he blocked with TE's and OL baffles me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantsTent said:

His (new) trainer was on The Horn today and said he improved his 40 with times ranging from 4.55 to 4.62.  And when Trey asked to clarify he said and some 4.66 and 4.68.  So it seems he marginally improved the time maybe.  He also said he felt his routes and catching were good at the combine and did the blocking to show how explosive he is now that he's put some weight back on.

LJH is getting horrific advice on how to improve his draft stock.  Not running routes yesterday was stupid.... he's acting like he's a sure thing 1st Rd selection.  Think about all the scouts that traveled a long way to get to Austin for the Pro Day and LJH is not smart/confident enough to run routes again??  Give me a Freakin break!!

The NFL is looking for tough guys that want to compete..... LJH is now being thought of as lazy, unprepared and entitled.  He needs somebody to wake his ass up and tell him the truth..... tell him what is expected to make an NFL roster. 

I think he made a huge mistake losing all that weight. Seems likely he went to far in that cut and lost a good bit of muscle and explosive power. His training just seems to have been completely assbackward. But I also know he is a football player and will show in the NFL, drafted or not. 

What we have here is a really good college player with an inflated view (maybe just due to bad advice) of his NFL prospects. Sounds like a guy who took "if you can play, you can play" a bit too literally and decided he didn't need to worry about how he tests for scouts. None of that means he'll be a bust, but sadly, that's the way to bet. I don't see him getting drafted in the first five rounds, and going unpicked would hardly be a shock.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

What we have here is a really good college player with an inflated view (maybe just due to bad advice) of his NFL prospects. Sounds like a guy who took "if you can play, you can play" a bit too literally and decided he didn't need to worry about how he tests for scouts. None of that means he'll be a bust, but sadly, that's the way to bet. I don't see him getting drafted in the first five rounds, and going unpicked would hardly be a shock.  

Great Stuff.  By not testing well or running routes yesterday,  LJH just cost himself a lot of money on his first NFL contract.  The NFL is a business and you have to understand and take advantage of the system to get a better contract.

Edited by LTtxfan

noting afterward he hadn’t been working on his route running of late.

This would be a HUGE red flag for me if I were a scout/GM.

You're a WR coming off a sub-par combine and have a chance to improve your stock and come out with "I haven't been working on my routes".

What a bonehead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Bet none of the quotes are from the Cowboys.   FA..  to the Boys..  deal already done unless somebody sees thru it and drafts him late.

Yep, perfect situation for them.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Is Dallas the best organization for LJH??

Not sure it's the best, but it'll be a good one.  After WR3 it's wide open, and if they want to use him more as a Flex guy, they go room there too.

2 hours ago, Modessit said:
3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
Is Dallas the best organization for LJH??

Of course not. That why he'll go there.

Undrafted FA WR in Dallas?  Yeah, they've never had success there(Miles Austin, Patrick Crayton, Beasley, just to name a few)

5 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Rod Barbers take is the only thing that makes sense, he wants to be an ufa. 

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

Rod Barbers take is the only thing that makes sense, he wants to be an ufa. 

Well if LJH is now at best a 6th or 7th Rd pick, ending up as an UDFA could end up better for him if he makes a great decision on which organization to sign with.

Won't be surprised though, if some team (Patriots) takes a chance and selects LJH in the 7th Rd.

Patriots' currently have 3  picks in the 7th Rd of  the 2019 NFL Draft

Edited by LTtxfan

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Well if LJH is now at best a 6th or 7th Rd pick, ending up as an UDFA could end up better for him if he makes a great decision on which organization to sign with.

Won't be surprised though, if some team (Patriots) takes a chance and selects LJH in the 7th Rd.

Patriots' currently have 3  picks in the 7th Rd of  the 2019 NFL Draft

Correction..... Patriots have 4 seventh Rd picks

DAMN..... Look at all of Patriots 2019 picks.....

New England now owns a total of 12 picks in this year’s draft, including six in the first three rounds:

First round: No. 32 overall (original)
Second round: No. 56 overall (via Chicago)
Second round: No. 64 overall (original)
Third round: No. 73 overall (via Detroit)
Third round: No. 97 (compensatory)
Third round: No. 101 (compensatory)
Fourth round: No. 134 (original)
Sixth round: No. 205 (compensatory)
Seventh round: No. 239 (via Philadelphia)
Seventh round: No. 243 (via Cleveland, via Kansas City)
Seventh round: No. 246 (original)
Seventh round: No. 252 (compensatory)

Edited by LTtxfan

On 3/28/2019 at 4:17 PM, Gut Wagon said:

He needed to run a good 40 time.  That was the most important thing for him.  He had good production and film from college.  Whoever he hired as an agent and trainer are either terrible or he refused to listen to them and put in the work necessary.  Either option speaks very poorly about his judgment

Edited by kevwun

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 2005 said:

He's a great player. Whoever gets him will have an eventual star. 

Maybe, hope so but the reality is you have to at least allow that if you believe Kyler is going to fail because some of the weaknesses he could routinely exploit in college (namely lack of speed on the edges) is neutralized when he faces NFL talent that the same holds true for LJH.  In his case his ability to bully speedy but undersized LBs and particularly DBs who are employed by B12 defenses to neutralize the spread/air raid/etc gets reduced greatly when facing NFL talent that can flat out fly but don't have to rely on being small speedsters to do so.