Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

15 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

They tell what round he might go in, but they don't tell him whether he can improve his draft stock with another year. He isn't gonna get faster or look better than he did this year. You don't teach natural ability.

This is why I'd be surprised if he ultimately stays. Could he replicate his production from this year? Maybe, though he was ridiculously efficient from a statistical standpoint so there is a decent chance his numbers would be "worse" despite him being a better overall player. The lack of top end speed isn't gonna be solved by another year in college. I don't know that another year really does much for him from a raft standpoint. Selfishly I hope he stays, and I'm sure the chance to run it back for a B12 title with his teammates is hard to pass up, but from a strictly business perspective he should go.

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This is why I'd be surprised if he ultimately stays. Could he replicate his production from this year? Maybe, though he was ridiculously efficient from a statistical standpoint so there is a decent chance his numbers would be "worse" despite him being a better overall player. The lack of top end speed isn't gonna be solved by another year in college. I don't know that another year really does much for him from a raft standpoint. Selfishly I hope he stays, and I'm sure the chance to run it back for a B12 title with his teammates is hard to pass up, but from a strictly business perspective he should go.

If the season goes as we hope he would get more national attention this coming year as he didn’t get much this year.   Media hype equals upgrade.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm a big fan of English.  Wish more people would use it. 

The benefits of speaking more than one language

“The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.”

– Ludwig Wittgenstein

Language fuels our brains, frames our thoughts and makes complex communication possible. The words, expressions and quirks unique to our language largely define how we see and understand the world. If you’re monolingual, that world has clearer limits. But in an age of borderless communications and global travel, it seems almost archaic to be limited to one language only – even if you’re lucky enough to speak a global language like English or Spanish as your mother tongue.

But is being bilingual – speaking two languages – or even multilingual all it’s cut out to be?...

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/04/the-benefits-of-speaking-more-than-one-language

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If the season goes as we hope he would get more national attention this coming year as he didn’t get much this year.   Media hype equals upgrade.  

This isn't high school and those fucktard 9.95s rating players here. Each team employs a full scouting department and they all know and have evaluated LJH, especially if he declares. He won't get any more exposure to the people that matter with another year. They already know him. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

This isn't high school and those fucktard 9.95s rating players here. Each team employs a full scouting department and they all know and have evaluated LJH, especially if he declares. He won't get any more exposure to the people that matter with another year. They already know him. 

So you are without a doubt saying his draft grade wouldn’t increase if He stays at Texas and is in the top ten and he preforms.    Ok......  signed,    Hi his uncle that needs money ASAP I’m guessing.

Edited by Hook1997

It's funny how all season long we're riding LJH's dick as if he's the certified shit, but now we're all like, "why would he come back? he's maxed out, he won't improve as a player next year, he needs to take whatever he can get now, this is his absolute ceiling."

FUCK OUTTA HERE.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hook1997 said:

So you are without a doubt saying his draft grade wouldn’t increase if Texas stays in the top ten and he preforms.    Ok......    hi his uncle that needs money ASAP.  

I refuted your statement that "media hype equals upgrade"

The NFL isn't scouting on media hype. Playing another season won't get him any more exposure to NFL scouts than he'll have if he declares now. 

I didn't address anything to do with his draft grade 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

The NFL isn't scouting on media hype. Playing another season won't get him any more exposure to NFL scouts than he'll have if he declares now. 

If you think media hype has nothing to do with draft status I’m not sure I can help you on understanding anything.  Also playing another year would expose him to more national view if we are ranked higher....  Yes more exposure does equal a higher draft grade

Edited by Hook1997

You failed to give one example of how media hype helped anyone get drafted higher than they would have if not hyped. If that was the case then you should be able to see a direct correlation between media hype and draft pick yet we routinely get players like Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb, Quintin Nelson, and Mike McGlinchy that are picked in the top 10 and received little or no media hype, and that was only the top 10 from the last draft. 

NFL teams wouldn't invest in full scouting departments and such if they were just going to use the media to tell them who's best. 

So... either come with direct and provable examples or else stop talking like you know anything. 

13 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

That's a silly assertion.  Can he get faster?  Doubtful, but doesn't mean he can't improve on his skill set like getting free releases, getting off press, understanding coverages, etc with more experience and doing it on TV vs better opponents can only help his cause.  Now the incremental value is what he'll need to weigh.  What if Sam gets hurt and he's a blocker (the way Roy was his last year) all the time.  He can definitely help his cause by staying.... can hurt it too.  What's the risk.  What's the reward.  Sliding scale, what does that look like.... But there is a case the SEC/BIG draft success is in a big way coming from exposure and assumptions.

8 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

You failed to give one example of how media hype helped anyone get drafted higher than they would have if not hyped. If that was the case then you should be able to see a direct correlation between media hype and draft pick yet we routinely get players like Denzel Ward, Bradley Chubb, Quintin Nelson, and Mike McGlinchy that are picked in the top 10 and received little or no media hype, and that was only the top 10 from the last draft. 

NFL teams wouldn't invest in full scouting departments and such if they were just going to use the media to tell them who's best. 

So... either come with direct and provable examples or else stop talking like you know anything. 

So now you are telling me there has never a junior or redshirt sophomore  that has come back for a extra year and improved their draft stock?  You are saying not one?    No one can improve their grade after they get a valuation according to you...  Ok.   Pretty sure I could find more then  plenty of examples but not looking it up right now

Edited by Hook1997

Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel say hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to think this one through...

Both won the Heisman.

Both were thought, by the media, to be the best sec QB ever (Tebow actually had an argument. ).

Both slid further down the draft board than expected.

NFL scouts did know these guys weren't as great as their hype.

Personally, I'd like to see LJH come back.

If I were objectively advising him, I'd say, "you're a 2md rounder now, and your offense is geared toward run production. You could move up a couple spots, maybe. Go now and start living your dream.

Just now, Snacks said:

You might want to think this one through...

Both win the Heisman.
Both were thought, by the media, to be the best sec QB ever (Tebow actually had an argument. ).
Both slid further down the draft board than expected.

NFL scouts did know these guys weren't as great as their hype.

Personally, if like to see LJH come back.

If I were objectively advising him, I'd say, "you're a 2md rounder now, and your offense is geared toward run production. You could move up a couple spots, maybe. Go now and start living your dream.

It's precisely b/c they won the heisman that I use them as examples. Everyone who could keep their head above the fray knew that despite their tremendous college success, neither of these guys were NFL QB's.  Yet, they both went 1st round.  Any intelligent person should've known that was a wasted 1st round pick.  But NFL GM's get caught up in the hype and crowd think just like everyone else.  This is why a great DT like Poona goes undrafted and an obviously terrible NFL QB with a Heisman goes 1st round.   I guess I just don't give NFL scout "experts" as much credit as you do.  I depose experts of a different kind for a living and I find that most of them are full of shit.  I don't trust scouts to realize what a great find LJH is, yet, and neither should LJH.  Of course, I'm an incredibly biased person to be advising LJH, but hopefully someone else is telling him the same thing.  I think staying and leaving is the difference b/t being a day 1 pick and day 2.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

Would love for LJ to come back but think the money is calling.

I'm excited to see Eagles and Epps get more reps.   There will be a drop off, but not that huge.

His skill set is pretty unique.  Tall, good hands, decent speed, running back power and vision. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Casual Encounter said:

You dumb motherfuckers act like I was saying LJH would be unseated. All I was stating was it could be on his mind, number reduction. Not benched, not passed over, but when you got a group of studs coming in, some will likely get playing time, thus reducing his numbers. I was merely speaking of possibility and something which might have potential impact on his decision.

LJH has played slot and outside and dominated at both.

If both stay, the only time ljh and cj will come off the field is just for rest.  Having those two on opposite sides of the field completely changes our offense, and we're not giving that up just to "get some young guys time."

We once had quite questionable wr rotation, but thankfully no longer. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

1 hour ago, Bob Lives! said:

It's precisely b/c they won the heisman that I use them as examples. Everyone who could keep their head above the fray knew that despite their tremendous college success, neither of these guys were NFL QB's.  Yet, they both went 1st round.  Any intelligent person should've known that was a wasted 1st round pick.  But NFL GM's get caught up in the hype and crowd think just like everyone else.  This is why a great DT like Poona goes undrafted and an obviously terrible NFL QB with a Heisman goes 1st round.   I guess I just don't give NFL scout "experts" as much credit as you do.  I depose experts of a different kind for a living and I find that most of them are full of shit.  I don't trust scouts to realize what a great find LJH is, yet, and neither should LJH.  Of course, I'm an incredibly biased person to be advising LJH, but hopefully someone else is telling him the same thing.  I think staying and leaving is the difference b/t being a day 1 pick and day 2.  

I told an insurance company lawyer during voir dire that if his case came down to his expert witness, then if I were on the jury, I would do everything in my power to make sure he lost.

He picked me anyway. He won.

The parallel in football would be a guy like Pete Carroll who knows that most GMs are full of shit. He knew Poona wouldn't be drafted, so he didn't have to waste a pick to get a steal.

LJ would almost definitely go lower than he should, because GMs are morons. The real question is whether or not he would go high enough to make it worth his while.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’d be totally shocked if that were true. He left as a national champion, was a top 3 pick, and won rookie of the year. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/vince-young-says-he-would-have-stayed-at-texas-if-he-knew-houston-wouldn-t-draft-him-221125953.html?guccounter=1

translation: fuck Jeff Fisher

You guys get too emotional about this shit. I hope he stays, it would be nice to have him here one more year. But if he goes, he goes.  It ain’t going to make or break our offense. Thanks for your time, go make the Longhorn nation proud in the league.  Ok cool.  Hook em. 🤘  

13 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

You guys get too emotional about this shit. I hope he stays, it would be nice to have him here one more year. But if he goes, he goes.  It ain’t going to make or break our offense. Thanks for your time, go make the Longhorn nation proud in the league.  Ok cool.  Hook em. 🤘  

Who is that in your avatar?

Asking for a friend (my penis)