National Wireless Emergency Alert?

El Diablo

https://thehardtimes.net/culture/tiffany-trump-receives-first-ever-text-from-father/

Tiffany Trump Receives First Ever Text From Father

BY THE HARD TIMES STAFF | OCTOBER 3, 2018

WASHINGTON — Tiffany Trump, daughter of President Donald Trump, received her very first text message from her father earlier today, sources close to the First Family member confirmed.

“I couldn’t believe it,” said the 24-year-old Ms. Trump. “At first I thought, ‘Who is texting me something called a Presidential Alert?’ But then I saw the part of the message that said, ‘THIS IS A TEST’ in unhinged capitalization, and I realized, ‘Oh my god, I think this is Dad!’”

Ms. Trump, a student at Georgetown Law School, is generally considered the least seen or acknowledged member of the Trump clan by the public at large, as well as the family patriarch. She admitted that President Trump’s text assuring her that the National Wireless Emergency Alert System was merely performing a test and that “No action is needed” may be the start of a new father-daughter bond.

“Such a personal text to his youngest daughter… it’s just brimming with emotion,” Ms. Trump told reporters. “It’s funny. I used to think he didn’t care about me since I’m not his hottest daughter, nor the son that shares his name — since that was something he told me twice a week my entire childhood. But I really think this changes things.”

“I mean, we can all agree,” she continued, “it’s easily the nicest thing anyone has ever heard him say. And he said it to me!”

President Trump, reached for comment on the message, misheard a reporter’s question, calling ’80s pop star Tiffany “very rude” for rejecting his advances at a 1991 party at the Playboy Mansion.

13 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

What was the point of it? So they can tell us there are mistakes on the way like Hawaii?

to be fair, Hawaii was a fuckup by the STATE disaster officials, made worse because once they sent the message, they realized they couldnt "unsend" the message. nor do an immediate "sorry for partying that was a drill" message.

it was also testing to make sure if a real issue needs to be discussed that as much of the nation be notified as possible.   

If the reports of Houston Verizon users (which i believe is the largest cell provider for houston), not getting the message, that tells the Govt they need to tweek the software.

The best way to make sure everyone knows is put it on Maury Povich, Judge Judy,  and Diners Drive Ins, & Dives.  When I am ever in a waiting room/ doctor's office/ auto repair/ etc those shows seem to always be the ones on.

Edited by slorch