Texas WRs

victory88

CJ is an NFL receiver. LJH might be. Duv rounds them out well. They all have exceptional hands, are smart, and pick the right spots to get open. It's amazing how they are clicking with Sam. 

add big Beck to the corps too as he's made lots of clutch over the middle catches, great blocks too opening Sam''s runs. 

• Like 1

I never understood why CJ got blackballed by the coaching staff and fanbase for so long. Sure he sucked at blocking but the benching and hate he got for that was over the top. He's been the best WR on the team since he stepped on campus, and I haven't seen another receiver in college right now that can come down with a contested catch better than he can. Love how versatile LJH is, and he's exceptional running after the catch. Don't think he's an NFL receiver yet but he could develop into one.

LJH is the best receiver on the team. Collin Johnson is about the best second best receiver you will see on a team. Jake Smith will be an amazing additional dimension to go with LJH next year that we don't have right now.

Edited by po elvis

Collin Johnson's progression has been incredible. For so long, he had the potential but wasn't showing on the field. We kept waiting, waiting... and finally, he's been making good on it in a big way.

LJH on the other hand was a beast from the beginning and still is. Bobby Burton thought he was the worst take of our 2016 recruiting class, haha.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Collin Johnson's progression has been incredible. For so long, he had the potential but wasn't showing on the field. We kept waiting, waiting... and finally, he's been making good on it in a big way.

LJH on the other hand was a beast from the beginning and still is. Bobby Burton thought he was the worst take of our 2016 recruiting class, haha.

What's nice about CJ is him stepping up in the blocking department.  Dude has been killing it on blocking guys downfield.  Starting to remind me of Roy Williams.  Just a huge dude that you can't fuck with.

I never understood why CJ got blackballed by the coaching staff and fanbase for so long. Sure he sucked at blocking but the benching and hate he got for that was over the top. He's been the best WR on the team since he stepped on campus, and I haven't seen another receiver in college right now that can come down with a contested catch better than he can. Love how versatile LJH is, and he's exceptional running after the catch. Don't think he's an NFL receiver yet but he could develop into one.

He wasn’t fulfilling his potential. They had to get his attention.

CJ playing like a grown ass man today.  LJH is a nightmare to defend.  Duveynay making tough catches and moving the chains.  It's a thing of beauty.  Great games from the WR.  Beck playing really well too.  Really tough catch today to pick up a first down and blocked well.

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Doubtful that CJ comes back - most mocks have him going in the 1st round.

Hopefully Brennan Eagles can live up to his recruiting ranking next season.

Collin is not going in the first round this year. He has been great, but hasn’t been 1st rd good.

29 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

At least once today, the defender was draped all over LJH and Ehlinger delivered it right in his gut and he made the catch while the defender was hanging onto his right arm. Might have been CJ. Just abused those DBs.

Was CJ

58 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

What's nice about CJ is him stepping up in the blocking department.  Dude has been killing it on blocking guys downfield.  Starting to remind me of Roy Williams.  Just a huge dude that you can't fuck with.

He had a play today that was very Roy Williams-esque. He caught the ball near the sideline and as the safety or corner came to hit CJ out of bounds CJ made sure to be the one to deliver the blow and go out on his own terms. I always loved when Roy did that. 

5 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Collin is not going in the first round this year. He has been great, but hasn’t been 1st rd good.

I've seen one with CJ in the 2nd and LJH in the 3rd. Few others with CJ in the 2nd. He could be a first rounder if he balls out next year though.

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

He reminds me a bit of Calvin

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

CJ is an NFL receiver. LJH might be. Duv rounds them out well. They all have exceptional hands, are smart, and pick the right spots to get open. It's amazing how they are clicking with Sam. 

add big Beck to the corps too as he's made lots of clutch over the middle catches, great blocks too opening Sam''s runs. 

So glad we're working Beck into the game plan. I think Sam post-game made a comment about what having two backs has done for him. Beck is a clutch player. He made one great catch today on a big play with a man draped all over him..

The change in the wide receivers from Maryland to now has been amazing (matched only by the progress the o-line has shown). They look completely different and their mentality reminds me of when we played BYU a few years back. Their receivers were looking for DBs to hit. CJ seemed to look to make sure he got a shot in just about every catch.

4 hours ago, Carl Winslow said:

heard was mia did he get benched

I listened to much of the game. Craig way does a great job of noting who is in the game. Heard definitely played. Burt played and Overshown had a tkl, to note just a few guys who are studs, but don’t play as much 

Our 2008 win featured outstanding WR play. This win was no different.

LJH is the best WR and overall offensive player on the team (at least until Ingram is 100% healthy). I would be very surprised if he returned. Collin, on the other hand, is being slightly overrated by our fanbase, but he's played great, too.

• Like 1

When ljh and cj ball out like they showed today, there really is nobody in the country that can keep up with them. I love seeing them refuse to go down and blocking down field when it isn't coming their way.

Dev has really settled into his spot this year. Went from being the one trick burner to a sure fire check-down who can still hurt you deep. We are in a damn good spot and as the oline gets settled in for Sam to get comfortable we have huge potential 

Edited by millhouse

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

Maybe because he wasn't buying into the culture Herman wanted. Now he has. If you look at some of LJH biggest runs. He's downfield mauling the DB's.

The NFL has moved more towards ‘quick twitch’ WRs in the last couple of drafts. They don’t seem to be as obsessed with big bodied WRs as the did when the WCO was dominant.

Teams like Chi and KC are focusing their targets on smaller fast guys (like Tarik Cohen and Hill) or TEs that look like big WRs.

I think Collin draft chances will hinge on how he tests in things like the 3 cone and the shuttle.

He’s shown this season that he can use his body and make tough catches across the middle. It would be good for him to show he can make some more plays in space.

I expect Collin and Lil’J to be back next season. Between those two, the talent we have coming in, and Sam’s continued development - holy shit.