Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't want to start a new thread -- this will have to do.

What EXACTLY is going on with the freakout over drag shows, etc.?  I admit, I don't really understand why there might be a movement to host drag readings for children, but if the parents are cool with that, I am too.  But drag shows?  They've literally been going on for centuries.  Isn't the average drag show pretty self-contained in a club that no straight hillbilly nazi would want to patronize, anyway?

I understand the underlying push is to limit all freedoms, but it seems such a small demographic to focus on.  Maybe the thought is to target larger and larger demographics with success against the smaller ones; i.e., drag -> gay -> racial minorities -> women?

i think it stems from all the 'bathroom bill' legislation freakout that trans persons would just be hanging out in the 'wrong' bathroom and start assaulting anyone that entered.  Then bud light had the audacity to market to someone other than bro sportsball man.  Couple that with school libraries having a handful of books that cater to LGBTQ kids and suddenly it's a full on conspiracy to 'groom' god-fearing normal kids and turn them in something non-cis.  At its heart is to drive hyper local hate engagement and create stickiness for more people to glom onto the maga/gop party all in the name of saving the children.  Bonus points for masked AR carrying dickheads that get to experience an erection by holding a gun in public feeling 'tough'. 

tldr drag shows = caravans.  gotta keep generating fear and hate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Drag story times are just fun for kids. Someone in an elaborate outfit, with wild makeup on, reads stories and tells age-appropriate jokes.

Is this a relatively new thing?  No drag queens ever read me any stories.  Well, as far as I know.  Not in drag, anyway.  Like I said, if the parents are cool with it, fine.  I'm just curious about the whole uproar.  Total "much ado about nothing".

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is this a relatively new thing?  No drag queens ever read me any stories.  Well, as far as I know.  Not in drag, anyway.  Like I said, if the parents are cool with it, fine.  I'm just curious about the whole uproar.  Total "much ado about nothing".

New within the last fifteen or twenty years or so. I don't know where they first originated from 

15 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
21 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
and of course he was shooting doves with Kyle Rittenhouse. 

That picture screams "we are all never getting laid!"

Nah, chicks love jokes about murdering children that double as date night requests. 

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What EXACTLY is going on with the freakout over drag shows, etc.?  I admit, I don't really understand why there might be a movement to host drag readings for children, but if the parents are cool with that, I am too.  But drag shows?  They've literally been going on for centuries.  Isn't the average drag show pretty self-contained in a club that no straight hillbilly nazi would want to patronize, anyway?

I understand the underlying push is to limit all freedoms, but it seems such a small demographic to focus on.  Maybe the thought is to target larger and larger demographics with success against the smaller ones; i.e., drag -> gay -> racial minorities -> women?

Programming.  The right needs targets and they need distractions for their base, and trans people are an easy target.

When you have access to a shitload of social media bots, it's extremely easy to generate fake outrage every few weeks, whether it's "woke" or "CRT" or "drag shows" or "Hunter's Dong" or "border caravans" or "gays are going to make you gay" or "Ukrainian Nazis led by a Jew" or "Afghanistan" etc., with a few other terms I'm missing (past hits were "her emails" "Benghazi" "Obama was gay/did drugs/wore a tan suit"). 

Every week or two some employees are pulling up news stories to get the masses upset over some bullshit and distract them from what the Republicans are doing behind the scenes, and to get them angry at liberals. They find some stories, put in some info on a website about said stories, perhaps generate a bunch of stories (fake or otherwise) on websites that exist only to propagate this shit, along with linking to zerohedge, etc., hit a button, and send the bots out on social media spreading those links and scaring people.

9 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think it started with the drag readings for kids and morphed into all drag shows as a way to legislate morality. 

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:

The party that indoctrinates children is worried that drag shows will groom children to be gay or trans. Projection.

Also it's an "other" group to focus rage on while the billionaires hoard the cookies.

8 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Seeing drag shows makes their nether regions tingle and they don't like that.  

8 hours ago, safe sex said:

Drag story times are just fun for kids. Someone in an elaborate outfit, with wild makeup on, reads stories and tells age-appropriate jokes. It's also a good way to expose kids to non-hetero, non-cisgender people. Like, yeah, the person up there who looks like Joan Crawford mixed with a Bratz doll is actually a man! And that's okay! 

The conservative fury about them is just that they associate drag specifically with trans people and trans people are easy targets.

7 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

i think it stems from all the 'bathroom bill' legislation freakout that trans persons would just be hanging out in the 'wrong' bathroom and start assaulting anyone that entered.  Then bud light had the audacity to market to someone other than bro sportsball man.  Couple that with school libraries having a handful of books that cater to LGBTQ kids and suddenly it's a full on conspiracy to 'groom' god-fearing normal kids and turn them in something non-cis.  At its heart is to drive hyper local hate engagement and create stickiness for more people to glom onto the maga/gop party all in the name of saving the children.  Bonus points for masked AR carrying dickheads that get to experience an erection by holding a gun in public feeling 'tough'. 

tldr drag shows = caravans.  gotta keep generating fear and hate.

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What it comes down to in my opinion is again: every accusation is a confession.

It's a whole party of repressed feelings that they don't know how to deal with so they lash out and it's ultimately just sad.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

Ah, now I remember why I came to this thread.

So.

I'm watching Ken Burns' Civil War and the claim is that southern women saved their urine "from which to distill niter for gunpowder".  

Well, I tell ya what, I just can't imagine any southern women doing that these days if it came down to it.  C'mon now maga ladies!  Ya gon get down to pissin' in jars and savin it up for dear leader and the magastabulatory!?!?!?!

On 9/14/2023 at 12:52 PM, jimmyjazz said:

You focus on the small demographics first to get everyone in the mood to limit the rights of the "Other."  Next round the group will be a bigger or more favored group of "Other." The round after that will be an even bigger or more favored group of "Other." And you keep doing that until you have just the most favored group that's left that gets to ignore all the rules for themselves because they are too busy enforcing all the rules on the "Other."  It's pretty simple. 

Only quibble with your timelines is its Drag -> Trans -> gay -> Middle Easterners -> Blacks and or Mexicans -> Mexicans and or Blacks -> Jews -> Indians (Asian) -> the other Asians -> women -> poor whites. 

Every time they are successful with adding a more favored group to the pile, life for the people below the new group will get worse, to the point that by the time we get to the Jews or Indians, all the rainbow groups will be dead or in hiding.  By the time we get to all the Asians we'll have expelled or killed all the people with Middle eastern backgrounds.  By the time we get to the poor whites, we'll be right back to gassing the Jews.  Yay us!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, texasdago said:

Saw this dude in his creeper van rolling around SW Austin.  I'm impressed he found a sticker of a patriotic thunder chicken riding the four horsemen of the Apocalypse

PXL_20230915_211337834.jpg

"And I heard, as it were, the sound of bott dots

One of the fours beasts saying 

'Come and see' and I saw and behold, a white Ford.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts

And I looked, and behold a pale van.

And his name that sat on him was Merge, and Trump followed with him.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, texasdago said:

Saw this dude in his creeper van rolling around SW Austin.  I'm impressed he found a sticker of a patriotic thunder chicken riding the four horsemen of the Apocalypse

PXL_20230915_211337834.jpg

You say "creeper van" while the more sophisticated of us have a different take...and know that those decals will keep a lot of people from sticking their noses in other people's business.

Watching Tv Isabelle GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Someone recently mentioned these fine boys and I couldn't remember the names until another poster named them.  A little Binging reveals interesting an update:

Attorney General James Wins Lawsuit Against Conspiracy Theorists Who Used Threatening Robocalls to Intimidate Black Voters

March 8, 2023

Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman Orchestrated a Large-Scale Robocall Campaign to Suppress the Vote in Black Communities Ahead of the 2020 Election 

NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James issued the following statement after a federal judge ruled in her favor in a lawsuit against Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman, two notorious conspiracy theorists for their efforts to suppress Black voters ahead of the 2020 election:

“Your vote is your voice, and I am proud that today the court ruled in our favor to uphold the most important cornerstone of our democracy. Wohl and Burkman engaged in a disgraceful campaign to intimidate Black voters, using threats and lies to keep them from making their voices heard in an attempt to secure the election for their preferred presidential candidate. I will always stand fierce in defense of New Yorkers’ right to vote, and anyone who attempts to take away that right will be met with the full force of the law.”

Attorney General James filed a lawsuit against Wohl and Burkman in May 2021 after an investigation by the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) found that Wohl and Burkman, while hiding behind their sham organization “Project 1599,” violated state and federal laws by orchestrating robocalls to threaten and harass Black communities through disinformation, including claims that mail-in voters would have their personal information disseminated to law enforcement, debt collectors, and the government. The Wohl and Burkman robocall campaign, which reached approximately 5,500 New Yorkers, sought to undermine and interfere with the then-ongoing efforts by the state of New York to fairly and safely administer its elections during the COVID-19 crisis and protect its citizens from voter intimidation and harassment. Damages and relief will be determined at a later date.

In August 2022, Attorney General James announced a settlement with robocalling platform Message Communications for its role in sending out the illegal robocall designed by Wohl and Burkman.

The OAG litigated this case alongside co-plaintiffs comprised of voters who received the robocall and the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation, all of whom are being represented by the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law and the law firm of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP. 

This case is being handled by Assistant Attorney General Colleen K. Faherty, Special Counsel for Hate Crimes Rick Sawyer, and Legal Support Analyst Miriam Li under the supervision of the Civil Rights Bureau. The Civil Rights Bureau is a part of the Division for Social Justice, which is led by Chief Deputy Attorney General Meghan Faux and under the oversight of First Deputy Attorney General Jennifer Levy.

• Hook 'Em 5

Project Veritas becomes Project Outtabusiness.

Project Veritas, the right-wing video operation known for its heavily edited clips of politicians, media figures and tech middlemen during hidden camera stings, has suspended operations and laid off its remaining “journalists,” Mediaite reported Wednesday night.

The pause resulted from financial difficulties and was done “in the interest of preserving the possible future existence of Project Veritas,” the group’s human resources director Jennifer Kiyak said in a letter obtained by Mediaite.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Party of "traditional family values": https://nypost.com/2023/09/23/rep-jeff-duncans-wife-files-for-divorce-over-cheating-with-dc-lobbyist/

A South Carolina congressman who campaigns as an advocate for “traditional family values” carried out multiple affairs during his 34-year marriage, his wife claimed in divorce papers.

Melody Duncan accused GOP Rep. Jeff Duncan in Friday’s filing of abandoning his family to live with his mistress, who is reportedly a lobbyist in the Washington, D.C. area, according to court documents.

Duncan “admitted this adulterous relationship to many people, including [the couple’s three sons] and members of his staff,” the filing claims.

The 57-year-old conservative allegedly flaunted the affair in front of Melody’s face while purporting to carry on a healthy marriage in front of his constituents while on his re-election campaign trail.

Just last month, Duncan described Melody as a “supportive and loving wife” at his 12th annual Faith and Freedom BBQ — one of the largest annual Republican gatherings in South Carolina that typically draws thousands of people.

Duncan “then left the next day and went directly to the home of his paramour, Liz Williams, in the Washington DC area, where [Melody] is informed and believes he continues to reside,” the findings allege.

Melody Duncan filed for divorce from Rep. Jeff Duncan, her husband of 34 years.

“[Melody] is informed and believes that [Duncan’s] extramarital relationship(s) is/are widely known in political circles in North Carolina and Washington DC.”

Since then, Duncan allegedly started rumors that his 1988 marriage to Melody was plagued with lovelessness in an effort “to justify the hypocrisy of his public statements and his private actions.”

Duncan allegedly admitted his extramarital affair with Williams to Melody, though the scorned spouse believes there was at least one other woman.

Duncan has had multiple affairs, including with a DC lobbyist, Melody claims.

Congressman Jeff Duncan/Facebook

According to the US House’s lobbying disclosure page, there’s a registered lobbying firm called Liz Williams and Co., with seven clients, including Delta Air Lines.

The politician, who has served the state’s 3rd Congressional District since 2011, touts himself as a protector of the nuclear family.

“As a life-long social conservative, I am a strong advocate for life and traditional family values,” he states on his government page.

“The most basic component of our society is the family. Now more than ever, it is imperative that we protect the values that America was founded upon and have made our country great.”

Neither lawyers for Melody nor representatives for Duncan immediately responded to The Post’s request for comment.

The divorce was first reported by the South Carolina Index-Journal.

Guys, that’s just the British way of saying it. Nobody caught the part where she says “at least 200 meters away?” That was the giveaway. That and the teeth.

Don’t hate just because she’s from the mother land. I myself find most Brits to be quite erudite and well educated.
  • Haha 2

Apparently the majority of us are going to die after the next national test of the emergency alert system on Oct 4th. Nice knowing you guys. I've had the jab and live in the middle of the city. I don't think there is anyway I can avoid having my nanoparticles of graphene oxide activated. Even with aloomium. 

• Drool 2

Yeah, this 10-4 thing is really getting some traction online and even among some of the more "blessed" people i know IRL.  Opinions differ on how it all goes down, but apparently those of us who've gotten the Covid-19 boosters AND have smart technology in/around our homes are going to be the first to die.  

I'm kinda tempted, since I know we have a few dozen posters on here who are staunch Qanon acolytes, to ask if anybody is willing to send me their OU tickets ahead of time on the 4th.  If they are not vaporized, I will send them back plus a escrow fee.  If they are vaporized, I will use them in good faith and spread their radioactive aloomium ashes around Fair Park near the cell tower of their choice.  

• Haha 2

They're "workshopping" this electro-magnetic, 5G, aluminum" bullshit to see if gets traction with the stupids.  Because a month later, they're gonna say the technology was deployed to fuck up electronic voting machines and then used again in Winter 2024 primaries to screw Donald Trump out of the nomination.  Never mind it may because he's on trial at the time.  

They're canaries in coal mines.  They're the elderly, young, and injured used as the middle-ages Vanguard to test the vulnerable points of an opposing force.  They see if these stupids at the lower levels will buy into this and help broadcast it.  Then it moves up the foodchain to precinct level and county level and if it sticks, they use it in fundraising campaigns and even as the basis for election fraud lawsuits.  

Used to be our biggest worry was stupid people.  Then it was stupid people who didn't know they were stupid.  Then it became stupid people who think they're smart (Dunning-Krueger).  Now I'm realizing the next evolution of terror is stupid people with no sense of self-preservation, the one thing you could at least always count on in humanity.  They're going to ruin themselves for Trump and they think there's honor in it.  These people will be left with nothing more than a rap sheet, failing kidneys, and a 10-year employment gap.  And for what?  

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy