Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

90+% of Russians to this day are convinced of the bullshit story that the US fucking sank the Kursk, which is the fucking reason they didnt raise the portion of the hull that actually exploded... the metal curved outward would have confirmed what everyone else knows now, that a torp activated and ran dry and hot until it cooked off in the sub. 

instead Russia believes the lie that we sank them

Csb/ I was interning at a firm in Dallas in the summer of 2000. Chick  I was working for started getting worried because she hadn't heard from her brother in over 90 days. He was a submariner so it wasn't totally unusual but the absolute lack of communication was. Turns out  he was in the sub sitting right over the kursk just asking the Russians if they wanted help in any way. They would rather let their sailors die and make up a story than admit the truth. Fast forward 20+ years and nothing has changed /csb. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So if we go through with this, it's just us though - what pressure could we actually bring to bear?  Or would this be a situation where if we do it, others will follow suit?

We should do this immediately. It is crystal clear Russia is a state sponsor of terrorism and their military is a terrorist organization.

Not close to an expert on this, but my understanding is that we will then be able to sanction anyone doing business with them and hinder their ability to re-arm, or fund their military, even further. 

China and India will have to firmly pick a side. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

We should do this immediately. It is crystal clear Russia is a state sponsor of terrorism and their military is a terrorist organization.

Not close to an expert on this, but my understanding is that we will then be able to sanction anyone doing business with them and hinder their ability to re-arm, or fund their military, even further. 

China and India will have to firmly pick a side. 

I would guess the hesitation has to do with it increasing the likelihood that Russia targets our infrastructure with cyber attacks.

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I would guess the hesitation has to do with it increasing the likelihood that Russia targets our infrastructure with cyber attacks.

Maybe, but we need to stop placating and fearing the bully.

If Russia strikes our infrastructure, or any other NATO member, that's an article 5 violation.

They want to go that route, they can fuck around and find out. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

I had a dream last night.  I was like the movie Red with Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman. 

Putin is sitting on the podium for his glorious May 9 parade and then all hell breaks loose with one of his red white and blue demonstration jets getting shot down and crashing into the Kremlin, a Javelin takes out a Tank and then two snipers pop his head off like a T72. 

For an encore they take over Russian tv signal and just send war crime video out to the whole country non-stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I had a dream last night.  I was like the movie Red with Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman. 

Putin is sitting on the podium for his glorious May 9 parade and then all hell breaks loose with one of his red white and blue demonstration jets getting shot down and crashing into the Kremlin, a Javelin takes out a Tank and then two snipers pop his head off like a T72. 

For an encore they take over Russian tv signal and just send war crime video out to the whole country non-stop.

Unfortunately, that would be fun for about 10 minutes.  Russia can dish it out, but they sure as shit can't take it.  By the time the blood stopped pooling from Putin's dripping dome, there'd be ICBM's flying to every part of the world.  

23 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/5e86e6d4-fa61-41a6-aedf-2a52da5cabcf

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Maybe someone can pull a Sadat.

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Might be a record. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Username checks out checks out.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They need the artillery support soon.  Shelling Russian positions and towns in retaliation is necessary.   I am guessing the russians just set up their artillery and leave it in the same spot.    Maybe they can get some of those German self-propelled units donated if they are as good as advertised.  

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So if we go through with this, it's just us though - what pressure could we actually bring to bear?  Or would this be a situation where if we do it, others will follow suit?

Naming Russia a state sponsor of terrorism allows the United States to impose secondary sanctions.  That is to say that foreign companies that do business with Russia can be sanctioned.  If Daimler Benz wants to buy Russian steel, then the United States can ban it from selling cars in the United States.

So yeah--it's something we can do on our own.  But it's something we'd obviously want to run by our allies (and in particular, the Germans), as their firms could be caught up in the cross-fire.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Let him have millions of dollars of his assets back.  Publicly toast him and thank him for providing valuable intel on Putin, and for putting Western intelligence in touch with other oligarchs/Russian executives who are looking to bail on Russia/Putin and who are providing valuable intel on Putin and operations in Ukraine..

And then send him back. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Destroyed and seized trucks by SSO forces.

The Russian occupiers showed how they hit the Ukrainian village with MLRS and called it "a blow to the positions of the Armed Forces"

The video shows how a chaotic blow is inflicted on civilian objects of the settlement! That is, the propagandists once again merged the facts of war crimes!

• Rage+1 1

During the liberation of the Chernihiv region, a Ukrainian patrol found an abandoned Russian reconnaissance UAV "Eleron-3".

‼️ The Azov Regiment continues to destroy enemy vehicles

An NMU fighter shot down an enemy drone in the Luhansk region

A handful of charred debris and ashes are all that was left after the National Guard soldier fired. The Guardsman, under the pseudonym "Valve", shot down an enemy UAV, using only his standard AK-74 weapon.

• Hook 'Em 1