Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is one of the best places on the internet to keep up with all things Ukraine and Russia. So here’s input from Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert.

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s not but Russian media and disinformation channels/amplifiers will say it is, because a big part of being able to turn it off the coup is to discredit it in the eyes of Russian citizens. 

you just contradicted yourself.  support in anyway is involvement.

9 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

X posting from CR

The where about of Russian VVS is a good question. Answers range from: 

1. Putin doesn’t want to use them because it’s a terrible look and shows he’s lost control. 

2. Prigozhin cut a deal and they are standing down. 

3. In the chaos and with the vertical of control in Russian command structures, they are just confused and waiting around like the military in 1991.

Anyone who says they know is lying. I kind of lean 3,1, 2 in order of probability but I also don’t have special info, just a feeling based on knowing Russia. 

As this goes on, I am moving 2 up my probability board. 

It’s 2.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Boy howdy night shift put in the work.

Two cups of coffee later I am kinda caught up.

Night crew does a damn good job. I got pulled off Russia at about 3:30 due to some bullshit in East Africa. 

We never sleep! Send us the third cup of coffee. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This is some of the craziest shit I’ve ever seen in my life. I suppose 9/11 is tops, but I’m thinking this is #2.

1 hour ago, G650 said:

Fall of the Berlin Wall is waaaaaay in the lead

all three in the same ballpark imo.allstar  outfield for sure, but about the same.

• Hook 'Em 5

28 minutes ago, MalibuSheriff said:

Bullseye.

Sure but if the choice is having BOTH or just Gotti, you take just Gotti.

I have no illusions that Russia will finally turn the page and join the modern liberal world...  I think they'll just keep being a klepto-oligarchy that aims to be marginally palatable to western business interests so they can continue to exploit natural resources and peoples for ungodly wealth.

Edited by locodos
  • Hook 'Em 4

I wonder what doors this opens for us. Could we actually get away with taking out Pringles? Maybe wait until Putin is also dead. Then swoop in to secure all nuclear sites, send in UN peacekeepers all over the country and the ZPP…

With Putin out of the picture, and no clear leader, would the Russians on the UNSC possibly go along with that? Seems they would have quite a bit of incentive to do so.

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

I wonder what doors this opens for us. Could we actually get away with taking out Pringles? Maybe wait until Putin is also dead. Then swoop in to secure all nuclear sites, send in UN peacekeepers all over the country and the ZPP…

With Putin out of the picture, and no clear leader, would the Russians on the UNSC possibly go along with that? Seems they would have quite a bit of incentive to do so.

We'll take the left half. China will take the right.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

The fact that Putin's private army of attack dogs that he has enabled to commit atrocities across Africa and Ukraine over the years (and elsewhere) is now turning on him in an amazing uprising is just wonderful to see.

Shades of the Praetorians turning on their Caesars, no?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, locodos said:

I have no illusions that Russia will finally turn the page and join the modern liberal world...  I think they'll just keep being a klepto-oligarchy

I hope that's true, but you could make a pretty strong case that in the past 10 years, the modern liberal world (India, Israel, Turkey, America, the UK) is turning away from the modern liberal world.  

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 5

1 minute ago, Paul Wesley said:

I hope that's true, but you could make a pretty strong case that in the past 10 years, the modern liberal world (India, Turkey, America, the UK) turning away from the modern liberal world.  

A significant amount of people dont like when the playing field starts to even out.

• Hook 'Em 2

So why doesn’t Biden get on the phone and cut a deal with Putin. We launch a bunch of tomahawks from the North Sea, destroy these Wagner nuts and Putin withdraws from Ukraine. Putin puts a media blackout in it and claims the Russian navy did it. Plus he can blame the Ukraine withdrawal on Pringle’s to save face. Al sorts of folks will know exactly what happened but so what? US denies it and claims it had no subs in the North Sea.