Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:
There is one reason to move ICBMs to Moscow and we should pray Putin isn’t thinking this way. Some deterrence strategists believe in basing nuclear forces near population centers.  Reason— your enemy will be less likely to attempt a strike on your nuclear deterrents if the result would be killing a city, because then you’ll be more likely to fire back with everything you might have left at his cities. 

I am 99 percent sure this is just fake, because otherwise Putin is in Armageddon mode.  Also, don’t dive too deep into deterrence theory because all the answers are wrong. 

My friend MIRV would like to have a word with you. He's currently riding on the USS Ohio.

Ohio got it's nuts chopped off.  It can only give you 105 tomahawks.  His other 14 friends who aren't part of OMFG will happily oblige.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I want to buy this guy a beer. Can't so will drink one for them tonight. My version of Tears and Prayers. 

Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his gods

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

“No one helps, like the man fighting for his country alone!”

A small consolation to his loved ones particularly his kiddos if he is killed but we will all consider him a hero. I am in awe of this guy. I’d buy him many drinks. Hope Ukraine can hold them off. But the news doesn’t look good. I keep hoping for some help of any kind really outside of sanctions but I know that’s not likely to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Kill your enemy.  Whoever they are, wherever they are.  As they sip their coffees and cocktails purchased with the money they earn from supporting murderous dictator and putrid shitstain Putin as he launches total war against Ukraine and the Ukrainian people, Ukraine should kill them until they stop supporting murderous dictator and putrid shitststain Putin.  It's super-easy for the bloodshed to stop.  Stop supporting murderous dictator and putrid shitstain Putin.

A pretty far leap to go from “i dont think the assassination of a relative of a powerful-but-private citizen in a neutral territory is a righteous act” to “you support murderous dictator and shitstain”

Youre a psychopath, dude, step  away from the keyboard. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Sanctions are starting to escalate. 

We joke about this stuff, but it has an actual impact on the local economies which the local citizens cannot ignore and it pisses them off (and Putin can't cover up from the locals), but in the broader picture if massive sporting events, Formula 1, Eurovision, etc. are getting pulled or Russians barred from them, it is something that Putin also can't cover up from the typical Russian citizen - this stuff is planned out years in advance in some cases, and everybody is aware of it.

In other words: A lot of Russians who maybe aren't paying much attention to Ukraine or don't have much of an awareness of it, are all of the sudden going to be wondering why these high-profile events are getting yanked from Russia.

• Hook 'Em 2

Canada being Canada

The Government of Canada will match all eligible donations—not exceeding $100,000—made by individual Canadians to the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal between February 24, 2022 and March 18, 2022, up to a maximum of $10 million.

https://donate.redcross.ca/page/100227/donate/1?_ga=2.69967120.1415423639.1645826820-1854297146.1645826820&_gl=1*zqfv37*_ga*MTg1NDI5NzE0Ni4xNjQ1ODI2ODIw*_ga_376D8LHM0R*MTY0NTgyNjgxOS4xLjEuMTY0NTgyNjk1OS4w

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

My dear friend checked in to say she and her family are Ok for now..with her 18 month old bedding down in the Kyiv metro. The baby is smiling.   We met 20 years ago in what was then free Crimea. 

Fuck Putin to hell for this. 

Well at least this didn't happen 18 months ago...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Interesting thread

That's why a lot of people believe there are advisers there.  The Ukranian army has been transformed into a rapid response force seemingly in a few months.  They broken up into very quick mobile attack units that are very fucking coordinated.  You turn on a manpad or a stinger and aim it at the enemy.  As soon as your radar is seeking that's detection and hellfire raining on you.  Way too coordinated.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

1/3 of what they assembled on the borders is in Ukraine.  Russia can still escalate substantially. Kremlin tried to achieve maximalist aims without committing maximum firepower- likely result of a serious miscalculation in Ukrainian resolve and political will as well as a desire to avoid civilian casualties (which is tied to their miscalculation).

Putin can still escalate and bring much more to bear and likely will absent complete Ukrainian capitulation. 

He can, but if what he already sent in was the best units and equipment they had, that does not bode well for the rest of the Russian army.

Like I and others have pointed out - with the verified photos/videos of dead Russians/destroyed equipment we've seen,  no night-vision gear, no optics on the rifles of the regular troops, poor defensive measures with their convoys, tanks and APCs that were caught off-guard and still in a "we're traveling down a regular highway and not through a dangerous area" mindset.

And if Putin was deliberately not sending in the best units and equipment, that's so amazingly stupid I don't even know where to begin, because if he sent in the worst-trained and -equipped troops, those troops/equipment are going to cause problems for the ones coming in behind them.  

• Hook 'Em 4

I don't know what the 2A equivalent is in Ukraine, but I'm glad they're using it.  And using it the right way.  And using it against the bad people.  And with nice looking blondes to boot.  

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Canada being Canada

The Government of Canada will match all eligible donations—not exceeding $100,000—made by individual Canadians to the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Appeal between February 24, 2022 and March 18, 2022, up to a maximum of $10 million.

https://donate.redcross.ca/page/100227/donate/1?_ga=2.69967120.1415423639.1645826820-1854297146.1645826820&_gl=1*zqfv37*_ga*MTg1NDI5NzE0Ni4xNjQ1ODI2ODIw*_ga_376D8LHM0R*MTY0NTgyNjgxOS4xLjEuMTY0NTgyNjk1OS4w

But will they seize those contributors bank accounts later? Asking for a friend....

Premier League No GIF by Liverpool FC

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

He can, but if what he already sent in was the best units and equipment they had, that does not bode well for the rest of the Russian army.

Like I and others have pointed out - with the verified photos/videos of dead Russians/destroyed equipment we've seen,  no night-vision gear, no optics on the rifles of the regular troops, poor defensive measures with their convoys, tanks and APCs that were caught off-guard and still in a "we're traveling down a regular highway and not through a dangerous area" mindset.

And if Putin was deliberately not sending in the best units and equipment, that's so amazingly stupid I don't even know where to begin, because if he sent in the worst-trained and -equipped troops, those troops/equipment are going to cause problems for the ones coming in behind them.  

I wouldn't be surprised if that was his "personnel disposal plan". If there is a world leader psychotic enough to do that... he's it.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

This is why part of me thinks except for a few areas, like airports, he is using his conscripts to push fast and die. They can shoot and drive their equipment, but are not the professional core of his army.  The rear groups could be a bit tougher. I have not seen any new graphics on what Russian Units are involved except for their Naval Infantry and some airborne. This is what they did in Grozny. Did not work well that time either, but eventually they were able to get accords and place Putin's buddy in place. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

A pretty far leap to go from “i dont think the assassination of a relative of a powerful-but-private citizen in a neutral territory is a righteous act” to “you support murderous dictator and shitstain”

Youre a psychopath, dude, step  away from the keyboard. 

Not a psychopath.  Just acutely aware of the rules of the game.  And suggesting that Ukraine can and should play by them.

Question: does Putin kill the families of those who oppose him?  Has Russia openly threatened to kill the families of Ukrainian soldiers who dare resist and fight on their own soil?

Pay some fucking attention to 1) who you are fucking dealing with, and 2) the language the speak and the currency in which they trade.

Putin is the head of a criminal gang. That gang supports him, and in return, has piles of blood money.  They are, right now, enjoying that blood money all over the world.  They should pay for that.  They are all complicit.   All of them.  Yes, the fur-coat-draped mistresses and wives.  All of them.  They profit from Putin's murder racket.  Let them contribute to the expense side of that ledger now, and we'll see how enthusiastic they remain for his murderous adventures.

You don't negotiate with a monster.   You kill it.  It's long past time people fucking wake up to that reality.  War is nasty, brutal shit.  Nobody should ever start one.  But once it's been brought to your doorstep, there's only one way to fight it -- relentlessly, and without mercy.  Because that's sure as shit what your opponent will do and is doing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

That's why a lot of people believe there are advisers there.  The Ukranian army has been transformed into a rapid response force seemingly in a few months.  They broken up into very quick mobile attack units that are very fucking coordinated.  You turn on a manpad or a stinger and aim it at the enemy.  As soon as your radar is seeking that's detection and hellfire raining on you.  Way too coordinated.  

If there are, likely other Allies— Poles or Balts at first guess. And we’ve been training these guys for seven years now, not months. To no end of controversy. There’s a reason that Putin was so angry at the joint training on the ground and wanted it done.  Trust me, the Ukrainian NCOs and junior officers that we worked with have not been fucking around and have been sponges.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

If there are, likely other Allies— Poles or Balts at first guess. And we’ve been training these guys for seven years now, not months. To no end of controversy. There’s a reason that Putin was so angry at the joint training on the ground and wanted it done.  Trust me, the Ukrainian NCOs and junior officers that we worked with have not been fucking around and have been sponges.  

There was that video from a British "volunteer" with clearly a voice of an American in the background. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep

You don't start the game with the B/C-teamers.  You bring them off the bench once the game is in hand.  More =/= better

I think all this discussion around "talks" are to buy time for Putin and his army to regroup and help their dire logistical issues that have been illuminated.  Looked good on paper at the onset, but when the Ukes didn't just roll over and the initial plan went tits up (as they usually do), they were spread too thin.  We talk about "tens upon tens of thousands" in the field, but forget most of those are support elements.  The actual number of soldiers in those numbers is much, much less.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, SmokeyTheBear said:

There was that video from a British "volunteer" with clearly a voice of an American in the background. 

There are absolutely American and British volunteers there. They’ve been there for years and are actual volunteers.  So,e have been hooked up with the unsavory elements of the Ukrainian national guard, but no one is going to complain at the moment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Sorry meant to say years.  They embed a lot.  Months in Ukraine.  A NATO member fighting no matter what country is still a NATO member though right?  

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй