Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh understood. It’s just their stomach for casualties is so much higher than ours I can’t imagine this resonates in any way. 

That's the sad part. Most Russian adolescents grow up dreaming of moving to America. Very few do get that opportunity. The rest live a depressing dead-end life of suppression or suffer a fate of being conscripted and sent to death by a psychotic dictator. The men that do survive end up alcoholics a live a life span that is 15-20 years shorter than their female counterparts. This the story that is never heard. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Yep.  Much of this seems a trade off upstream on how much time/money to spend on them.  They're essentially baked into the balance sheet that 'X' guys will fall, but we only have to spent 'Y' to build up and forces and achieve what we need.  

or maybe they just steal the money because their own pockets first, the military second. it could be extremely short sighted.

Just now, troph said:

the last two nights it's been relatively quiet until about 4am - there has been open questions on this board as to what the hell is that about and wondering outloud about Russian nighttime war capabilities and that they may be limited.  We have not seen any pics of any night vision gear either.  credit to @atomheartbevo for being the one leading that discussion.

Attacks around then are pretty normal military doctrine. It’s when your body is the most tired/least responsive. Even without NVGs that was a thing. We would just pop flares before we got the tech to own the night. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I don't see how Putin doesn't end up just blowing that convoy into pieces.

He doesn't have air superiority and no control of western Ukraine (and most of the country, for that matter). Russia would also be pulling much needed air assets from what seems to be their main objective - to take Kiev. 

21 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was going to ask about this in one of these threads...

How long would it take to get that infrastructure in place? Do we really have that much nat gas sitting in the ground, waiting to be... mined? harvested? collected? (What's the proper verb here?)

Anybody?

Developed / produced. And fuck yes we have a shit ton of nat gas, and can nearly increase daily output by 50% with little time/capex. Problem is I don’t know the takeaway capacity of LNG tankers. 

For twitter users, this is a great list to follow.   It is all updates with videos and pictures from the Ukraine.  The people on it seem to be excellent at not posting the fake stuff that run wild during times like this.   It is pretty crazy all the footage, following this stuff in real time from the other side of the world is crazy,

Didn;t realize that link would lead to a stream of tweets like that, sorry.

Edited by Ted Lange
oops
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Amazingly he doesn't control the skies enough to guarantee that he does. Shocking 3 days in.

I'd also imagine that when it crosses into Ukraine that they won't just convoy straight to battle but uses Lviv as a base to distribute. 

Yep.  They had Antonvs loaded and ready to fly in yesterday but were unable to.  Also, one smaller Antonov crashed in Rostov area.  

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

Attacks around then are pretty normal military doctrine. It’s when your body is the most tired/least responsive. Even without NVGs that was a thing. We would just pop flares before we got the tech to own the night. 

I'm pretty sure our cruise missiles started firing by 10-11pm when we engaged in shock and awe.  bombers too. 

2 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

And that, “we own the night” (along with our blue water navy) is why nobody with any sense should ever want to fuck with America and we will make such quick work of any adversary in a straight up fist fight like this. Peacekeeping/occupying/babysitting?  Not what we were made for. Putting a quick end to something like this. Yeah. Good luck fighting in the dark against us Ivan. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Developed / produced. And fuck yes we have a shit ton of nat gas, and can nearly increase daily output by 50% with little time/capex. Problem is I don’t know the takeaway capacity of LNG tankers. 

Yeah we flare about a billion dollars worth of NG in west Texas a year because we have nowhere to put it

1 minute ago, troph said:

I'm pretty sure our cruise missiles started firing by 10-11pm when we engaged in shock and awe.  bombers too. 

Those are stand-off weapons.  Direct engagements right after dusk and before dawn is military 101.  Look up stand-to time. 

• Like 1

Those are stand-off weapons.  Direct engagements right after dusk and before dawn is military 101.  Look up stand-to time. 

right but the first two nights were relatively quiet - that was what we were discussing, not the lack of direct engagement, the lack of any engagement.  anyway, appears moot, shit going down now in the early part of the night.

Not just military, right?  Isn’t that when the cops are most likely to bust in with a no knock warrant at that same time- when your circadian rhythms are the most fucked up?  

• Rage+1 1

If Putin wanted to cut off Ukraine's electrical grid, he coulda saved a lot of time and money by sending in ERCOT personnel.  

And then to really fuck up the works, send in Austin Water to fuck up their H2O supply.

5 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah we flare about a billion dollars worth of NG in west Texas a year because we have nowhere to put it

Yes but I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about Marcellus and Utica (close to Atlantic Ocean) wells that are choked back to 10-20 mmcfd that can easily ramp up considerably - if the take away capacity were there. These wells / companies don’t have have firm transport on large pipelines. Do various NE Atlantic LNG terminals have capacity to take increased volume from these wells and deliver it to Europe?  I have no idea. 

4 minutes ago, troph said:

right but the first two nights were relatively quiet - that was what we were discussing, not the lack of direct engagement, the lack of any engagement.  anyway, appears moot, shit going down now in the early part of the night.

Sorry, I thought you asked about why they were attacking around 4AM constantly. 

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He doesn't have air superiority and no control of western Ukraine (and most of the country, for that matter). Russia would also be pulling much needed air assets from what seems to be their main objective - to take Kiev. 

Two different type of air assets.  You send  a high altitude TU-92 bear and hit that convoy.  The bear has no use in Kiev

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Not just military, right?  Isn’t that when the cops are most likely to bust in with a no knock warrant at that same time- when your circadian rhythms are the most fucked up?  

No idea, but that makes sense. Stand-to is miserable, and I can’t imagine doing it for months on end during an actual war. 

Just now, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Because it would force NATO into armed response.

Further, I think there are no illusions that Ukraine will "fall" in the traditional sense of being occupied after the Uke military is beaten back.  A few dozen supply trucks won't change that and they know it.  But again. it's not the initial surge that matters, but the painful occupation after.  

20 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Surprised it took this long. I'm going to guess that they hoped they didn't have to do it, but with things not going well...

Yep.  And there’s already partisan engagement in Kyiv suburbs. Russia is going to get nastier now that it’s clear that Ukrainians don’t want them there. 

More humanizing stories still coming out.  As Putin is coming in to de-Nazify the country, Kyiv’s chief rabbi broadcast the lights going out in his synagogue as they prepare to evacuate Kyiv on the Sabbath. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй