Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I'm in Hawaii and just caught up on this thread. Its incredible what this community is capable of from an information sourcing perspective. Thanks for all the contributions, if only we could sick the Surly Horns community on Russia somehow...

Burnt ends program for Russian scalps?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I will contribute right now to a Go fund me for someone to go sink oligarch yachts. 

Sink was my first thought, then I moved on to steal and deliver to the DRC and let them strip it, then I moved on to bring it to San Francisco and make it a floating home for the homeless.  After a few months, return it to owner.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Ret. Gen. Jack Keane (IMO best military analyst on TV) on Fox right now detailing why and how Russia has really been shitty in this invasion so far, and how they're really performing nothing like expected. Really good stuff. He's going over objectives and that they're not met and how they're stunningly inept so far - he also cited a few areas that they actually are doing well but for the most part terribly executed.

Russell Ziskey apparently is right. I just hope it doesn't bring out more destructive weapons from Mad Vlad.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Ret. Gen. Jack Keane (IMO best military analyst on TV) on Fox right now detailing why and how Russia has really been shitty in this invasion so far, and how they're really performing nothing like expected. Really good stuff. He's going over objectives and that they're not met and how they're stunningly inept so far - he also cited a few areas that they actually are doing well but for the most part terribly executed.

The drive from the south?

Petraeus on FOX now echoing Keane's assessment. Je is extremely surprised that Russia can't coordinate their air and ground operations, and both of them said that it's almost unbelievable that they couldn't take over the air field they've targeted, and not doing so has completely screwed them up.

Both of them have said that eventually Russia can overwhelm Ukraine but clearly it is a cluster f right now for the dumb shits.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So reports that Putin is becoming increasingly isolated and more angry. Maybe a frustrated oligarch will take his ass out. I’d prefer it actually. Someone killing him with a scythe or many scythes. Maniacal narcissist bully.

Russia would have to be on fire for that to happen. Most of those oligarchs would die for Pootpoon.

• Haha 1

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

The drive from the south?

I think that was part of their "eventual" comments, but clearly they're going to suffer much more and getting Kiev surrounded.

The only smart thing that the generals seem to have said is that Russia is executing icorrectly is keeping Ukrainian troops fighting all over the country so they can't come to Kiev and concentrate resistance.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So reports that Putin is becoming increasingly isolated and more angry. Maybe a frustrated oligarch will take his ass out. I’d prefer it actually. Someone killing him with a scythe or many scythes. Maniacal narcissist bully.

And isolated and angry narcissist hiding in a bunker rarely works out well for their country or citizenry.

11 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Putin will soon get pissed that nato is sending support like manpads and whatever else and let some missile fly some ship/transport/location he shouldn’t.

Then NATO will respond in kind. Get ready.

I imagine that's what they're hoping for. We'll overtly keep shipping in convoys, and if you attack us, you're knowingly attacking the forces of a NATO country. Then Article 5 kicks in and we stomp a new mudhole into the Kremlin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Source? If true, I hope they have someone in the situation room who will tell him to fuck off if he orders a nuke attack. It's what I fear most, that if things aren't going his way, he'll say fuck it all and go with mutually assured distruction.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

How long would it take to get that infrastructure in place? Do we really have that much nat gas sitting in the ground, waiting to be... mined? harvested? collected? (What's the proper verb here?)

Drill baby, drill!!!

The US gas reserves are world class huge. LNG export capacity from the gulf coast is big and growing. Pipeline infrastucture is adequate. Critical path item would probably be building LNG import terminals/pipeline network in Europe. 

Nordstream 2 pipeline capacity is equal to ~ 50% of existing US LNG export capacity.  Unfortunately, Germany bet the farm on Russia gas.

IMO, the gas v. solar/wind dynamic changed this week.  I think we see a more balanced, "all of the above" approach going forward and Europe weaning themselves of relying on Russia for 24/7/365 energy. 

Northeast US LNG Export terminals & pipelines make a lot of sense. For Canada, west coast makes sense. Not sure we will ever get there; US more concerned with sunglasses, shoes, & social media.   

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

In all seriousness, given the execution of this thing and where Russia will stand after, the patriotic thing would be a palace coup. Play Swan Lake for a few hours, then trot someone out to announce that Mr. Putin is dead and the war is over.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In all seriousness, given the execution of this thing and where Russia will stand after, the patriotic thing would be a palace coup. Play Swan Lake for a few hours, then trot someone out to announce that Mr. Putin is dead and the war is over.

That would be outstanding. 

2 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Drill baby, drill!!!

The US gas reserves are world class huge. LNG export capacity from the gulf coast is big and growing. Pipeline infrastucture is adequate. Critical path item would probably be building LNG import terminals/pipeline network in Europe. 

Nordstream 2 pipeline capacity is equal to ~ 50% of existing US LNG export capacity.  Unfortunately, Germany bet the farm on Russia gas.

IMO, the gas v. solar/wind dynamic changed this week.  I think we see a more balanced, "all of the above" approach going forward and Europe weaning themselves of relying on Russia for 24/7/365 energy. 

Northeast US LNG Export terminals & pipelines make a lot of sense. For Canada, west coast makes sense. Not sure we will ever get there; US more concerned with sunglasses, shoes, & social media.   

Talked to the VP of a drilling company today... he said they've been so busy and they're bring on several new rigs... going to be a lot of drilling

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

NO CR

Barrack Obama Hes Dead GIF - Barrack Obama Hes Dead Kick - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Haha 2

Just now, texasdago said:

Talked to the VP of a drilling company today... he said they've been so busy and they're bring on several new rigs... going to be a lot of drilling

I think the issue as @Trey3216 mentioned either here or on the Baylor board was that getting the goods to Europe is the problem.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй