Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

46 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I've heard women say hotter things.....but not many.  Fuck yeah.

37 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I’ll chip in on your flight to Poland. You can pick up a weapon system at the border and I am sure they can direct you from there.

Actually, if there's a gofundme to fund mercenaries and weapons to go help Ukraine, I'm in for a couple hundred.  For real.

28 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Hitting foreign-flagged shipping?  Time to shut down the Black Sea to Russian naval passage.  Just park a few fucking destroyers there and fucking dare them to run it.  Enough.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Actually, if there's a gofundme to fund mercenaries and weapons to go help Ukraine, I'm in for a couple hundred.  For real.

Hitting foreign-flagged shipping?  Time to shut down the Black Sea to Russian naval passage.  Just park a few fucking destroyers there and fucking dare them to run it.  Enough.

Turks said they won't close it. 

Just now, Brisketexan said:

UN: STRONGLY WORDED NOTE INBOUND!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I'm in Hawaii and just caught up on this thread. Its incredible what this community is capable of from an information sourcing perspective. Thanks for all the contributions, if only we could sick the Surly Horns community on Russia somehow...

If nations could be defeated by a deluge of scat pics, we'd already have Russian terms of surrender on our Surly desk.

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Yeah, slow your roll.  There's really not evidence to support that claim.  I fucking wish there was, because splashed Russian aircraft make me happy.  But this is almost certainly one of those "rumor that grows with every telling" stories.

Speaking of which, did I tell y'all about the time Susanna Hoffs and I ran off together and had a wild weekend that would make most adults blush?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

this whole thing is beyond fucked. soldiers don't start wars. small dicked men do. some soldiers are assholes, some soldiers are just following orders, some soldiers care about doing the right thing. if this is true which it seems to be, i commend this/these russian soldier. damn, this shit is sobering.

warning, dead people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/t10y4g/modern_warfare_girl_do_instagram_video_with/

TRANSLATION:

*i am a native Russian speaker:

On 24 February, around 10-11 hours we ended up here. Here is the body of my mom, and here is the body of the soldier who was attempting to protect us. Then Russian soldiers starting shooting us. I was laying down right here *points where she was laying down. *points to road There were russian tanks and Russian soldiers over there and Russian soldiers started shooting. Well here we came with my father trying to get home.

*edit, more information

From what I gather, the dead soldier is a Russian soldier who was trying to prevent friendly fire.

Source: the following translated text from a post made by the victim on her Instagram

It was a Russian soldier

We went to the city to withdraw money and buy food, returning home at the exit from Kharkiv, Russian tanks blocked the road, they fired at our car, we turned into a dead end and jumped out of the car, two guys jumped out to meet us, Russian soldiers, young, 18-20 years old .. who could barely held their weapons. .... We stayed there for 15 minutes, then they started shooting at us .. My mother was wounded in the arm, I heard her scream in pain .. And at that time a soldier threw me to the ground and shouted many times do not shoot ... They are ours ... He yelled at the Russian soldiers, don't shoot.. Heavy shooting began.. A dead soldier fell on me.. The second one was also shot... But my mother was silent... I got up and understood that she was dead.. She was hit in the head. .. I was left alone. They were shooting all around me, I grabbed my papers, etc. I hiding behind an iron boot

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Hitting foreign-flagged shipping?

Under the auspices of "providing foreign aid" to the Ukes, no doubt.  But again, we DO NOT and WILL NOT get into a direct confrontation over a non-NATO country.

Wanna have a fantasy draft and kick Germany out and bring the Ukes in, I'm game.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

On the political front.  Bleed Russia.  Focus on currency, reserves, and exports.  Putin may be focused on his legacy, but his billionaires are not.  

30 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Turn back the clock and not purchase oil from Russia. 

Half Measures Mike GIF by Breaking Bad

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If nations could be defeated by a deluge of scat pics, we'd already have Russian terms of surrender on our Surly desk.

Yeah, slow your roll.  There's really not evidence to support that claim.  I fucking wish there was, because splashed Russian aircraft make me happy.  But this is almost certainly one of those "rumor that grows with every telling" stories.

Speaking of which, did I tell y'all about the time Susanna Hoffs and I ran off together and had a wild weekend that would make most adults blush?

Everything is true.  I heard the Ghost of Kyiv even had time to fly over here and bang South Austin's mom between sorties.  Legend.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

siap. video from ukranian dudes on the island. not sure how this got out, maybe they sent it to someone. RIP Badasses.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/t0xs1h/last_moments_of_13_ukrainian_soldiers_on_snake/

I believe they were live streaming it were they not?

40 minutes ago, troph said:

so question for the smarties - what's the chance that there are substantial US covert operations in Ukraine right now?  does the US step up their efforts behind the scenes on this fight now that the Russians have proven to be beatable with a force that's not even close to on par with the US or even other western allies?  I know troops won't be sent, that's a non-starter (arguments can be made why we should), but what about further support behind the scenes, and plausible deniability at our involvment?

edit - just saw the statement more air defense weaponry coming to Ukraine.

@956 Worldwide@FartingMonk@InkaUtexas@atomheartbevo

I’d put likelihood of actual boots there in any meaningful way at closer to zero than any other number.  The assistance they could give would be far outweighed by the risk and fallout of that getting exposed and them killed or captured. 

Remember that all along the Kremlin has claimed that Kyiv is a puppet government run and manipulated by the U.S. and that this isn’t a fight Ukrainians should care about. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Fuck Germany. How can a country forever not know when to do the right thing?

Reality is they get 40% of their oil, gas & coal from Russia, and its winter time.  We're not talking about $5 gasoline, they already pay twice that, were talking frozen 2021 Texas for three more months.

I have been there many times, and as a people, they are the hardest working, most resouceful people I have ever been around. If a cow shits, there's a guy with a shovel to pick it up. Imagine driving across Texas and never seeing a broken down vehicle in the yard or a brush or trash pile in the field.

There is a real long fucking line of people who have made poor decisions over the past 20 years. Things will change. I'll take the over on the majority of a huge increase in US LNG production from the US going to Europe. 

Churchill: “Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.” 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm in Hawaii and just caught up on this thread. Its incredible what this community is capable of from an information sourcing perspective. Thanks for all the contributions, if only we could sick the Surly Horns community on Russia somehow...

This, Surly brethren is how you humble brag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Back in the mid-90s, I was day drinking in Chicago in the Uke Village. There was a small dive bar that just had a sign out front in Ukranian that was phonetically converted to English and I couldn't even pretend to pronounce it. The crowd was a combination of Ukrainian/Polish immigrants and 1970's looking dudes with mullets. It was mid afternoon but the place was packed and the juke was blaring what I only assumed was Ukrainian pop music.

The bartender was this big, mean, nasty Ukrainian woman named Agnes. I've been in a million scary dive bars, but I can't ever remember fearing the bartender more than any of the patrons or the surrounding neighborhood.  She was terrifying. She took resting bitch face to a new level -- she wore a permanent scowl and spoke broken English. She informed us before we even sat down at the bar that there would be no mixers allowed. And by no mixers, that also included ice. You drank vodka. Straight. And we did. And she did. After 2-3 hours we could barely walk out of there and she probably downed twice as many shots as we had. She acted like it was water, "Shut up pussy, drink!," over and over and over, in the thickest, Eastern European accent you can imagine.

Anyway.... all I can think of during this whole mess is that you've got to be the dumbest motherfucker in the world to invade a country full of Agneses. 

That's one thing I was saying last night. Ukraine was on the Western block of the Soviet Union directly engaging on the front lines with the nazis and Mussolini. These are people directly descended from people who were willing to fight to the last man in that war, and Putin is dumb enough to think they're going to lay down?

Or egotistical and delusional enough to think they would greet him as a liberator? Hmm where have I seen that before?

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

spacer.png

India buys a shit load of Russian weaponry and also produces rifles for the Russian military. When I lived there I went to an airshow and it was all Russian planes/helicopters etc. Billions of dollars a year. They have a long standing military cooperation agreement that just got renewed last year. The US is making inroads but India is leasing nuclear subs from Russia, buying anti-aircraft systems etc.

5 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Reality is they get 40% of their oil, gas & coal from Russia, and its winter time.  We're not talking about $5 gasoline, they already pay twice that, were talking frozen 2021 Texas for three more months.

I have been there many times, and as a people, they are the hardest working, most resouceful people I have ever been around. If a cow shits, there's a guy with a shovel to pick it up. Imagine driving across Texas and never seeing a broken down vehicle in the yard or a brush or trash pile in the field.

There is a real long fucking line of people who have made poor decisions over the past 20 years. Things will change. I'll take the over on the majority of a huge increase in US LNG production from the US going to Europe. 

Churchill: “Americans can always be trusted to do the right thing, once all other possibilities have been exhausted.” 

Going hard to the net for the score!

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй