Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

12 minutes ago, Skipper said:

After reading all of your in depth posts in the weeks leading up, I'm going to be really interested to read your analysis on the backend of this in the weeks that follow.  I.e., how do the Germany people reflect on their weak response, energy/military policies, etc. in the context of watching a full on Russian invasion of a European country I'm sure most didn't actually think would ever happen.  

1 minute ago, troph said:

I’m surprised Germany is such a limp dick. I’m not going to go into politics but relying on Russian energy and being pansy asses isn’t a good look on them, even worse they rely on US might to protect them. And they have a lot to lose here if Russia isn’t stopped at Ukraine. Just an odd acting country. 

They need Russia and we all know it.  They boxed themselves in and now can't do anything other than sit on the sidelines.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think pretty much the only thing that most of America actually agrees about currently is that we're tired of playing world police and sending our young men and women overseas to die.

And since no politician wants to be held responsible for $5 gas, there's pretty much nothing we can do.

Spot on.

9 minutes ago, ABSR said:

He is sending Russian Chechen's who are part of the Russian army's Chechen units.  He's not sending ISIS fighters, as they don't like or support Russia or Putin.   They don't like US/Europe either, but ISIS/Islamic fighters  certainly won't fight FOR Russia.

He's not saying they're sending ISIS fighters.  He's saying a portion of the ISIS onslaught were Chechen fighters.  

1 minute ago, troph said:

I’m surprised Germany is such a limp dick. I’m not going to go into politics but relying on Russian energy and being pansy asses isn’t a good look on them, even worse they rely on US might to protect them. And they have a lot to lose here if Russia isn’t stopped at Ukraine. Just an odd acting country. 

That’s pretty much how the US has set it up because that’s how we wanted it. Additionally, they are also limited by their natural resources. Their role in NATO has always been as support because of its division until 1989. After that, it was a way to keep them dependent on us

• Hook 'Em 2

Man.  I have it on CNN and it has their correspondent Matthew Chance telling his story of what happened at the airport battle in Kiev today.  It is an absolutely insane story.  He was told by the Ukrainians that the airport was secured.  So they go walking around and they run into another group.  This group has no markings so he's just like hmm, we will record here.  They tell him go away it's very dangerous.  He asked why do you think the Russians are coming soon?  The guy says we are the Russians and then a huge fire fight breaks out.  Like what the fuck.
When guys with guns tell you to GTFO, you should GTFO. Especially in a warzone.

What I’m getting out of all of this-

If just one country had some balls (Turkey, France, Canada, US, whomever) this fight would be over in 24 hours. Russia couldn’t handle ANYBODY else stepping in to help Ukraine.

He sure as hell couldn’t open up a second front against France or Canada. His only options would be defeat or Nukes.

I dont think her nuke but what do I know.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

That’s pretty much how the US has set it up because that’s how we wanted it. Additionally, they are also limited by their natural resources. Their role in NATO has always been as support because of its division until 1989. After that, it was a way to keep them dependent on us

I get that but even their rhetoric is weak.

4 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

What I’m getting out of all of this-

If just one country had some balls (Turkey, France, Canada, US, whomever) this fight would be over in 24 hours. Russia couldn’t handle ANYBODY else stepping in to help Ukraine.

He sure as hell couldn’t open up a second front against France or Canada. His only options would be defeat or Nukes.

I dont think her nuke but what do I know.

I have to believe the five things preventing the US changing course are: 1 - public sentiment, 2 - public sentiment, 3 - fear of nukes, 4 - fear of escalation in other theatres, and 5- public sentiment, 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Seems out of the blue.  Why is a US general giving this speech?  Is some US asset threatened that I don't know about?

It's a speech from 2019, and you should probably brush up on your military rank identification skills.  When you have that blue ribbon around your neck people tend to listen

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Most of the German guys I know wear skinny jeans. 

I've worked for two European based companies, over the last 18 or so years.  The Krauts are, without question, the weirdos of Europe both in how they act and dress.  Skinny white jeans with brightly colored jelly shoes seem to be a go-to look. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Spot on.

7 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:
  25 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think pretty much the only thing that most of America actually agrees about currently is that we're tired of playing world police and sending our young men and women overseas to die.

And since no politician wants to be held responsible for $5 gas, there's pretty much nothing we can do.

Unless you are a politician who isn't a spineless jellyfish. As you can tell, I'm pretty disgusted today by the world's response: I wonder if this is similar to how we dealt with Germany leading up to WWII.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, troph said:

Part of this is a not-yet-had conversation in here about the deep-seated, centuries-old nationalistic tendencies among European countries to think and do stuff that largely isn't perceived/understood by Americans.  I'm no Europolitik expert (though I did sleep in a Holiday Inn) but I've traveled enough in Europe to know that there exists these unspoken nationalistic tendencies, driven by almost ancient zeitgeists.  And though the younger generations might seem to be less autonomous in their world views, I think a lot of it still comes into play even for them.  I.e. when I said to my Hungarian grandmother in 1989 that Eastern Europe (and Hungary) was finally (sorta anyway) free, the first thing she said is, "those goddamn Romanians are going to try to take us over!" and she had been in the USA for 60 years at that point.  I don't think it's just racial or ethnic hatreds (though that's part of it), I think some of it is some sort of self-identity or something.  This might explain in part why Germans don't seem to be too worked up about all this, or even that Ukranians weren't all that outraged before the invasion (I heard a lot of "Russians are our cohorts, they won't attack us") etc.  It's a conversation that isn't easy to pinpoint, but sometimes Euros act "weird" to Americans (never mind vice-versa), hence the Italian P.M. sending out that "well, except for ..." memo.  I think Putin knows this sense of fierce European autonomy and gambled that that, not NATO, would be the ruling sentiment.  Perhaps he was somewhat right, I don't know.  But I think Europe sort of fatalistically doesn't see this as shocking as say we do.

Now if they go into a NATO country, all bets are off, and Russia will cease to exist while inflicting little damage back - unless somehow they get China onboard militarily, which I don't see at all at least now. IMHO about all this, anyway...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Unless you are a politician who isn't a spineless jellyfish. As you can tell, I'm pretty disgusted today by the world's response: I wonder if this is similar to how we dealt with Germany leading up to WWII.

Europe dealt w/ Hitler in the lead up to WWII.  At the time, the US was big-time into isolationist mode

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Europe dealt w/ Hitler in the lead up to WWII.  At the time, the US was big-time into isolationist mode

Most of America was big time against the war even through its first third.  Until the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.  That changed everything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Well, that there's some Big Dick Energy. Put it in the dictionary.

Mike Farrell, ex-Marine.  Listen to him.

Edit:  oops, not that Mike Farrell, I was thinking of the M*A*S*H actor.  But good stuff anyway.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Seems out of the blue.  Why is a US general giving this speech?  Is some US asset threatened that I don't know about?

I agree - Some reserves are being called up, though, and of course we are putting troops in the Czech Republic and Poland.

He is sending Russian Chechen's who are part of the Russian army's Chechen units.  He's not sending ISIS fighters, as they don't like or support Russia or Putin.   They don't like US/Europe either, but ISIS/Islamic fighters  certainly won't fight FOR Russia.
However, there is a lot of pro-Kremlin tribal forces out of region now. I could forsee an opportunistic tribe moving to quickly gain territory.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй