Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

With the West doing so little to actually help Ukraine, particularly when it comes to energy/gas, why doesn't Ukraine just destroy some of the pipelines in the West and make the decision for them? 

it might invoke Germans to help the Russians

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

On talks: Russian MFA said that the aim of the operation is to “bring the puppet regime to justice.”

Russian MFA SPOX Zakharova threatened Sweden and Finland with “military consequences” if they move to join NATO.

This is a man who has lost control completely. 

Woah. This is a big deal. 

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

On talks: Russian MFA said that the aim of the operation is to “bring the puppet regime to justice.”

Russian MFA SPOX Zakharova threatened Sweden and Finland with “military consequences” if they move to join NATO.

That seems like the threat Finland and Sweden need to join NATO. So much for no more NATO expansion. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Most of the frontline troops- vast majority— are Russian regulars. 

I was wondering what your take is on how intensely the reg's want to fight in this?  I know there's somewhat more anti-American sentiment with this in Russia (i.e. "the Americans ginned it up") but basically are these troops disciplined to take orders, period... or do they feel that this is a joke and Putin is sending them to die or get serverely injured for his own pockets.. etc. ?  We've had some brief speculation on here, but not sure if I've seen you or Ray's take on the will of the military (even the brass).  Just curious, thx.

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Most of the frontline troops- vast majority— are Russian regulars. 

I’ve looked through a lot of photos and videos on Reddit and social media of Russian troops in Ukraine.  We talked about it earlier, and I keep wondering where all of their night vision gear and optics for their rifles are.   I’ve seen multiple people saying a big chunk of the Russian military budget disappears into the pockets of Putin’s oligarchs and I’m beginning to believe it.  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’ve looked through a lot of photos and videos on Reddit and social media of Russian troops in Ukraine.  We talked about it earlier, and I keep wondering where all of their night vision gear and optics for their rifles are.   I’ve seen multiple people saying a big chunk of the Russian military budget disappears into the pockets of Putin’s oligarchs and I’m beginning to believe it.  

Remember that Putin cut his teeth in the Soviet days. 

Something the Soviets used to do during their May Day parades and such was to show off their biggest and bestest toys in a seemingly never ending parade. What they were doing instead was showing off the same crap over and over because they were driving them in a circle to make everyone think they had more than they really did. 

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If Russia is struggling as much as it appears in Ukraine then this is bluff and bluster. Sweden and Finland need to give 'me the finger and join.

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I cracked up at this.  If I were Sweden or Finland, I'd send this to his twitter:

3p5jff.gif&f=1&nofb=1

I know that (apparently) Russia has "unleashed" only a small capability of their weaponry in this, but if he attacks a NATO country or impedes longstanding non-Iron Curtainers from moving, his country is toast, period. Literally.  Finland sounds like they've been ready to drop the hammer on NATO as it is, and Sweden will be close behind.

Although Ukraine will suffer greatly temporarily, after sleeping on it and seeing the developments today (like this) I feel like I'm watching the last of Despotic Soviet Russia happen before my eyes.  The only route he would have is to get China on board militarily and that ain't happening any time soon, despite their numerous agreements in the last 4 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Bombing starts at 4am type stuff too, you’d think 10pm officially dark everywhere civilians likely at home the bombing starts and doesn’t stop til 4am. Nope. Their night war capabilities are apparently atrociously bad.

There was a retired colonel on CNN talking about how the Russian military dwarfs the Ukrainian forces. 100% correct but Russia can't bring their full military down on Ukraine. Just as how the US never sent large %ages of our total forces to Afghanistan. 

If NATO would impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine, Russia loses this war. But of course, is there any path that a Russia defeat, with Putin still in power, that doesn't lead to a larger war? Putin can't lose this war and survive.

Just now, troph said:

Bombing starts at 4am type stuff too, you’d think 10pm officially dark everywhere civilians likely at home the bombing starts and doesn’t stop til 4am. Nope. Their night war capabilities are apparently atrociously bad.

Yeah, last night should have started way earlier if there were any competence. If the reported amount of Russians dead is even close, they’ve already lost half of what the US lost in two decades in Iraq. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

My first thought when they showed the downed Russian helicopter yesterday that landed in a field was "Dang, that thing looks old."

54606735-10547573-image-a-88_16457174778

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If NATO would impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine, Russia loses this war. But of course, is there any path that a Russia defeat, with Putin still in power, that doesn't lead to a larger war? Putin can't lose this war and survive.

Do we want to get into s shooting war with Russia?  Because this is how you get into a shooting war with Russia

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй