Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, troph said:

What do you mean mine it’s ours have you seen those things? All the regs in that thread get their own stateroom! 

My boat wants are a little more modest than yours.  I have no desire, nor the funds, to employ people on a full time basis to take care of my boat.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep.  I think mostly by listening to his people and having good people and trusting them.  And listening to some Europeans.  I think all of our recent Presidents would have handled this well.  Except one./noCR

It's not a knock on Biden or any other President for that matter.  We SHOULD be handling this well.  This "conflict" more than anything else is the shit we have have prepped for since 1945. 

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I disagree, if intel has been spot on, why weren't weapons, supplies delivered ahead of the invasion? Why so reactive, why not be proactive? Maybe they were and that hasn't leaked but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Well, this is sort of a chicken and egg thing.  If you had preemptively ramped up weapons to the Ukraine prior to the invasion by Russia you would have legitimized Russia's invasion.  In that case, the NATO members with more rosey relationships with Russia certainly wouldn't have give full support for the situation as we see now.  For example, under that scenario, I highly doubt a country like Hungary would have given support for SWIFT removal.  Basically, despite the fact that we seemingly knew this was inevitable, if we had acted preemptively everyone could simply say we caused the invasion thru our provocative actions.  

All that having been said, I certainly hate the fact that the Ukraine and its Armed Forces and Civilians are for right now being left to fend for themselves (albeit now with lots of weapons now headed their way).  

I do think that shortly, either deliberately or accidentally, the Russians will do something that triggers Article 5.  The question at that point is will we do something retaliatory on a commiserate level or we will in turn up the ante (i.e. say they hit a convoy, we we return in kind or will we up the ante to include air support).  If NATO begins air support operations Russian will be done in Ukraine in hours.  Does Vlad then up the ante?  

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep.  I think mostly by listening to his people and having good people and trusting them.  And listening to some Europeans.  I think all of our recent Presidents would have handled this well.  Except one./noCR

they all would have handled the after action the same.  the before action is another story except 3./no CR.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The decision making does look good, right up until/if the Ukrainian government falls. The optics could turn ugly in a hurry. Here’s hoping for the home team. 

7 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

This whole day makes absolutely no sense at all.  Putin did absolutely nothing today.   Unless he is inserting covert units in this makes no sense.  Either Putin is dead or Zelensky is dead.

Seems like we're just now hitting when action picks up given Russia's lack of pressure at night to date.  From what I have read it did seem like Russia made a lot of progress south/east Saturday during the day. Kiev - not so much.  

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, this is sort of a chicken and egg thing.  If you had preemptively ramped up weapons to the Ukraine prior to the invasion by Russia you would have legitimized Russia's invasion.  In that case, the NATO members with more rosey relationships with Russia certainly wouldn't have give full support for the situation as we see now.  For example, under that scenario, I highly doubt a country like Hungary would have given support for SWIFT removal.  Basically, despite the fact that we seemingly knew this was inevitable, if we had acted preemptively everyone could simply say we caused the invasion thru our provocative actions.  

All that having been said, I certainly hate the fact that the Ukraine and its Armed Forces and Civilians are for right now being left to fend for themselves (albeit now with lots of weapons now headed their way).  

I do think that shortly, either deliberately or accidentally, the Russians will do something that triggers Article 5.  The question at that point is will we do something retaliatory on a commiserate level or we will in turn up the ante (i.e. say they hit a convoy, we we return in kind or will we up the ante to include air support).  If NATO begins air support operations Russian will be done in Ukraine in hours.  Does Vlad then up the ante?  

Most of all, I think the Euros would have given us a ton of shit about being provocative and would not have offered their territory as a staging area.

We were the only ones that thought this inevitable.

• Hook 'Em 3

There is way too long to go and too much complicated history to start slob knobbing our government and particularly Biden in this fiasco. The facts are that there are millions of Ukraine citizens in the line of fire of a crazy man, likely thousands of dead Russian soldiers involuntary slaughtered and the world‘s energy and economy looking fragile. I guess you can say the shit sandwich taste better than you thought but it’s still a bunch of crap and there needs to be an evaluation of how this could have been avoided if at all.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

The decision making does look good, right up until/if the Ukrainian government falls. The optics could turn ugly in a hurry. Here’s hoping for the home team. 

You are correct, this is a long way from over and it doesn't look good for Ukraine. This will most likely turn into a bloodbath. NATO and Putin will both share the blame. This will be the end of Putin IMHO. I do hope Ukraine gives them hell.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Most of all, I think the Euros would have given us a ton of shit about being provocative and would not have offered their territory as a staging area.

We were the only ones that thought this inevitable.

Yep.  As clearly evidenced by the German's top spy of all people being stuck in Ukraine when it kicked off.   If that's not telling of German intelligence I don't know what is.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

Seems like we're just now hitting when action picks up given Russia's lack of pressure at night to date.  From what I have read it did seem like Russia made a lot of progress south/east Saturday during the day. Kiev - not so much.  

It is strange.  they haven't moved hard on Odessa yet from the maps(but maybe there is and not seeing it).  Maybe they are just in holding position on Kiev until the south and east get there.

Do they hold that airfield north of Kiev yet or is it still Uke?

We have been selling them shit for years. If the Clinton admin wouldn't have talked them out of getting rid of their nukes we wouldn't be talking about an invasion now.

My understanding is that the Russians controlled those nukes so they were useless to Ukraine
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

It is strange.  they haven't moved hard on Odessa yet from the maps(but maybe there is and not seeing it).  Maybe they are just in holding position on Kiev until the south and east get there.

Do they hold that airfield north of Kiev yet or is it still Uke?

Not sure.  Hope we get a summary of the state of play at daylight.  CNN has typically had decent content around that time.  Not sure if that will continue as fighting gets closer or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I disagree, if intel has been spot on, why weren't weapons, supplies delivered ahead of the invasion? Why so reactive, why not be proactive? Maybe they were and that hasn't leaked but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Maybe there was a reason so many of the Russian units were held back in Russia.

There is way too long to go and too much complicated history to start slob knobbing our government and particularly Biden in this fiasco. The facts are that there are millions of Ukraine citizens in the line of fire of a crazy man, likely thousands of dead Russian soldiers involuntary slaughtered and the world‘s energy and economy looking fragile. I guess you can say the shit sandwich taste better than you thought but it’s still a bunch of crap and there needs to be an evaluation of how this could have been avoided if at all.
Voting habits are a good start, comrade.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Newdoc said:

Well to me this all screams the danger of not being energy independent.  You look at a lot of the world's shitshows, and much if it has a root in a country (or countries) having tremendous amounts of energy wealth then turned into economic wealth.  As a result of our need, and the rest of the world's need for energy, we all turn a blind eye to atrocities committed because we need that energy (be it oil, gas, whatever).  In a sense, we have unwittingly created the wealth and resources need for crazy people to have military might.  We need to be energy independent and we need to lead the world in this way.    

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

yes they were but Ukraine had them.  otherwise why would there need to be an agreement to give them up.

Bingo, you think we couldn't figure out how to hook them up or just let them store them as a deterrent? Either way I'm not sure anyone wanted them to have them but the fact remains that they did indeed have them and we had to negotiate them out of their possession.

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй