Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

By no means am I a financial expert, but I am wondering what this all does to the solvency of Deutsche Bank, which has long had rumors of being heavily tied to the Russian Mob?  Would SWIFT removal of Russia have an impact on them and their solvency in the event the Russian Mob stuff is true?  (Assuming that the money laundering is that readily obvious).  Anyone an expert on that side of this?

Hopefully. Those are some crooked ass fucks and were one of the biggest parasites in the financial meltdown in 08/09. Fuck those cunts with a rusty spoon. 

53 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

I saw Abramovich's jet and yacht in St Martin.  He's got some REALLY nice shit he's about to lose.  And you can't just "hide" a $500 million dollar yacht.

Yep. St. Maarten was one of our favorites and when wed go out on fishing trips, the crazy yachts are something to behold. The same in Santorini.

There really are few things that give you a better perspective of the literal ocean of wealth some people have.

It will be interesting to see if the US can keep the pressure on and actually make these guys pay for their crimes. Im going to enjoy watching to find out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I heard something about the Snake Island guys still being alive/captured.  Is that true?  If so, great news.

Russia posted a staged video saying the took 82 Ukrainian soldiers off the island - had video of them. Turns out they were Russians - snake island had 13 total soldiers and their bodies had already been recovered. RT propaganda at its most inane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I gotta tell y'all that these videos where you see maybe 3 isolated Russian vehicles, not even tanks usually, just roar on through urban areas, nothing in front of them, nothing following behind, nobody watching the flanks? It's weird

I mean, maybe they thought they were going through friendly territory. But it's got the odd feel of watching the Martian Tripods stagger around erratically after they start getting infected.

Wonder if we have some communications hacks going on, sub-units getting sent to random destinations. Probably not. People fuck up even when you give them a good map.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Speaking of banning things.  Youtube still lets Russia Today broadcast their crap on their platform.  Not cool.

I was angry at them and about to unlike their video, but then I realized if I printed myself up a counterfeit piece of Confederate money, it'd be worth more than their next RT paycheck.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

It will be really bad if Ukraine falls in the next day or so and then the US weapons finally show up.  Same goes for the other countries finally sending weapons as I am not sure how long it takes to get in the hands of the Ukraine army and citizens.

Don't worry, we sent them via FedEx.  They should be in Uzbekistan or Uganda in 3 weeks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's amazing what happens when pretty much everybody realizes that they are sick of your shit, or at the very least as in the case of China not enamored enough with it to lift a finger to help you.  

Speaking of China, they have to be more than a little concerned, especially if Putin is completely damaged/forced out of power.

Because once everybody realizes just how much power they can wield when they are united, it may not go well for future land grabs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He’s handled this entire nonsense perfectly. Not a thing could be done differently - and US intel has been on it for months. So much so that we’ve shared info and weren’t believed because … for a bit or time .., we weren’t accurate or had leaders slamming our intel agencies. It feels good to be back as leaders in intel.

I disagree, if intel has been spot on, why weren't weapons, supplies delivered ahead of the invasion? Why so reactive, why not be proactive? Maybe they were and that hasn't leaked but that doesn't appear to be the case.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, LCHorn said:

I also wonder if Putin is keeping his most tactically able units back for the real fight to come and what we’ve seen so far was deployment of the most expendable.

All those fuel and cargo trucks were definitely not expendable.  And filling up field hospitals with the wounded is not a good look, and it sucks up resources as well.  And all of those expensive munitions (short and long-range missiles) that they appear to be out of, while they were technically expendable, they obviously weren't used well.

And the flow of Western weapons is only going to increase, as is the expertise that Ukrainians are acquiring in the use of those weapons.

And all of that shit is going to wear mentally on Russian units coming in later.

Russia desperately needs actual infantry to take cities, and they aren't exactly generating a lot of new soldiers all that quickly, versus Ukraine.

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I disagree, if intel has been spot on, why weren't weapons, supplies delivered ahead of the invasion? Why so reactive, why not be proactive? Maybe they were and that hasn't leaked but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Because pootin could have used those actions as the  excuse to invade.

"See they are arming them to invade mother whore russia! We must act now!" flings shit at subordinate

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

My take?

nobody expected Ukraine to fight this hard and well and they didn’t want a shit load of weapons turned over to the Russians when they came in and took over. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Ding, ding, fucking ding.  This whole thing has been handled off our back feet.   All these supplies arrive NOW is testament to this.   The Ukes have been stellar, but their success has also been predicated on a SHIT Russian operation amd inferior military.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

All those fuel and cargo trucks were definitely not expendable.  And filling up field hospitals with the wounded is not a good look, and it sucks up resources as well.  And all of those expensive munitions (short and long-range missiles) that they appear to be out of, while they were technically expendable, they obviously weren't used well.

And the flow of Western weapons is only going to increase, as is the expertise that Ukrainians are acquiring in the use of those weapons.

And all of that shit is going to wear mentally on Russian units coming in later.

Russia desperately needs actual infantry to take cities, and they aren't exactly generating a lot of new soldiers all that quickly, versus Ukraine.

Oh c'mon we all know Putin is saving his best stuff for OU.

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 4

3 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

"See they are arming them to invade mother whore russia! We must act now!" flings shit at subordinate

There are American weapons there prior to the invasion.   This makes no sense.   Then once we saw the Ukes winning, scrambled to give them more.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On the topic of an oligarch not making a play because of their attachment to Vova. 
Not so fast my friend. Is it likely? No. But it’s definitely possible. 
There are many things in the last few weeks that informed folk thought were unlikely, that have come to pass. 
History is full of friends, colleagues, elected officials, leaders, et al turning on each other during turbulent times.

Never underestimate another human’s ability to survive, their greed or their opportunism. 
As the saying goes, all is fair in love and war. 
Cue Kevin Garnett… anything is possible. 
и ты, борис?

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Ding, ding, fucking ding.  This whole thing has been handled off our back feet.   All these supplies arrive NOW is testament to this.   The Ukes have been stellar, but their success has also been predicated on a SHIT Russian operation amd inferior military.  

I think we knew the Russian military was shit and knew that Ukraine had enough armament to make things very ugly, we didn’t want to dissuade Putin from invading or be seen as provoking him and also wanted to make sure Ukraine was ready and able to fight before we loaded the boat with the good shit. That’s my guess anyway because I cannot believe we would have overestimated the Russian capability to the extent it appears in the mainstream right now. 

4 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

You are supporting my point, your intel says they were coming anyway, you can get that shit in there in a manner of hours pre-invasion. 

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Because Ukraine isn’t a NATO nation and we have no unilateral agreement to trade arms with them. Intel has called correctly every Russian military movement since January. 

We had an agreement in send billions in military aid but a former president torpedoed that. 

We have been selling them shit for years. If the Clinton admin wouldn't have talked them out of getting rid of their nukes we wouldn't be talking about an invasion now.

10 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

We've been sending them arms for a while. Here's a story from last month where we approved our Baltic allies sending American-made arms.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/19/us-allies-ukraine-weapons-russia-invasion-527375

Prior to this thing starting up, we were also having to walk a fine line between being stern with our warnings and not pissing off our Euro allies, Germany in particular. The whole of Europe was like acting like it was no big deal and America was being dramatic or something.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй