Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Just now, You don't know me said:

I don't think Zenelsky will willingly leave Ukraine.

there does come a point where he should or at least the Ukrainian government should make it clear who the successor is in case of his death.  continuity plans, including in exile, are really critical at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Ruh roh 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

This slams the Russians and their government and oligarchs but it does nothing to save the people of Ukraine who need shit right now to happen or it’s DKR e. 

This is harder to do than you would think. Vladimir Putin doesn’t have a Coinbase account with assigned wallets. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, troph said:

there does come a point where he should or at least the Ukrainian government should make it clear who the successor is in case of his death.  continuity plans, including in exile, are really critical at this point.

I think at some point he'll agree that his country needs him alive to have a chance at survival. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

Agreed 100%.  I'm sure that there are continuity plans in place, but ideally he would leave when that time comes.  Unfortunately, I don't think that he will.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

I know I’m an unapologetic fan girl of his but he isn’t leaving. When you are in Atlanta look me up!!

1 minute ago, You don't know me said:

Agreed 100%.  I'm sure that there are continuity plans in place, but ideally he would leave when that time comes.  Unfortunately, I don't think that he will.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I know I’m an unapologetic fan girl of his but he isn’t leaving. When you are in Atlanta look me up!!

I never said he would, I said he should start thinking about it. this war ends when Russia is out of gas, literally or when Ukraine is decimated.  if the former he looks like a genius for staying. personally I just don't want him dead.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is shaping up to be a significant cluster fuk.  No bueno.  See the date of the article - so are these liquid or part of the frozen assets?

Russia has $630 Billion is spare scratch

The plethora of sanctions that were announced by Western powers after Russia invaded Ukraine and one notable absence: energy industry sanctions.

The reason European powers are so reluctant to sanction Russia’s oil and gas industry is that they need Russia’s natural gas far more than Russia needs their money.

Thanks in part to high energy prices, Russia now has $630 billion in foreign exchange reserves, a sum of money that means it could survive turning off the taps to Europe.

Edited by BabaYaga

Also, a sidenote of interest from our house.  My daughter is back in town for a week with her two roommates, who are french.  At the same time, two friends of hers from Norway are in town visiting.  So, they all got together at our house to have drinks and visit.  We let them have the living room, we went to our room, but could hear their conversation.

At one point, all of them were talking about how much they enjoy cross-country skiing.....and how their minds naturally go from there to shooting Russians.  5 girls, early 20s, three  nationalities, and their conversation casually went to shooting russians, and how it just seems to be a skill you should know.

Of course, 5 minutes later, they were all telling stories about how fucked up they get on edibles, so.....back to normal stuff.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

I never said he would, I said he should start thinking about it. this war ends when Russia is out of gas, literally or when Ukraine is decimated.  if the former he looks like a genius for staying. personally I just don't want him dead.

Me also girlfriend! I hate ringing the bell of @Brisketexan is right but he was born for this! This means he will probably die because brisket is very negative person

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

So about those frozen foreign assets.  This is shaping up to be a significant cluster fuk.  No bueno

Russia has $630 Billion is spare scratch

The most recent round of sanctions directly addresses the war chest of foreign reserves - but the lack of energy sanctions gives russia a lifeline yet. Unfortunately, that's what keeping the lights on for the EU too.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, troph said:

I wasn't the first here to say it but listening to smart people talk about war, this was always how the Russians would lose if they did lose.  looking like a OT game here folks.  Tulsa still has a chance to upset the Sooners!

Strategically, I don't see how this is anything but a Russian loss if Putin's goal is to re-establish an iron curtain over eastern Europe.  Even if they take the Ukraine, at this point they are exposed as a sham.  The Russian military is staffed with keystone cops.  Putin is evil, but he's no genius and is completely detached from the reality of what his military's incapabilities are.  Russia can't afford one of these "victories", let alone multiple across eastern Europe.

5 minutes ago, troph said:

The line of succession is listed in the constitution. There are plenty of continuity plans. Doesn’t mean they’ll be executed effectively, because…well, they might get executed before they’re executed, so to speak. But they’re there. 

No one trots out their line of succession, even when they’re under attack. Most Americans have some faint idea of what ours is - unless you’re Alexander Haig - at least as far as Vice President. But you don’t see a lot of commentary on it. I doubt there are many foreign people whatsoever who have a clue who is third in command unless they study US politics thoroughly. 

A quick google search will give you some idea about Ukraine’s cabinet and line of succession. It’s not a secret. 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, a sidenote of interest from our house.  My daughter is back in town for a week with her two roommates, who are french.  At the same time, two friends of hers from Norway are in town visiting.  So, they all got together at our house to have drinks and visit.  We let them have the living room, we went to our room, but could hear their conversation.

At one point, all of them were talking about how much they enjoy cross-country skiing.....and how their minds naturally go from there to shooting Russians.  5 girls, early 20s, three  nationalities, and their conversation casually went to shooting russians, and how it just seems to be a skill you should know.

Of course, 5 minutes later, they were all telling stories about how fucked up they get on edibles, so.....back to normal stuff.

And thennnnn?  Was there a pillow fight or any wrestling?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

OK, sounds like you know more about this than I do.  I thought that sat/radar tracking was really good/accurate for launch (detecting plumes), through boost and mid-course, but I didn't realize that our adversaries sat/radar was accurate at tracking our ABM at the terminal phase where we're making intercepts.  Especially when we're testing out in the middle of the Pacific.  I realize the tests are "public" but also that the military strategically lies here and there also.  Maybe I missed something?

Pretty much every nuclear power in the world has enough satellite capability to recognize a launch signature within 2-3 seconds.  

Just now, Scary Stranger said:

And thennnnn?  Was there a pillow fight or any wrestling?

I dunno.  They're young.  I'm old.  I went to bed while they were still yammering.  One of the Norwegian gals is a 5'11" blonde viking looking gal who likes to drink too much, though.  She's pretty funny to be around.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Pretty much every nuclear power in the world has enough satellite capability to recognize a launch signature within 2-3 seconds.  

Yes of course.  The question is do they have the ability to track our ABM interceptors at the terminal phase?  Or do they take the word of our "public" tests?  Honest question.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Goredho said:

Strategically, I don't see how this is anything but a Russian loss if Putin's goal is to re-establish an iron curtain over eastern Europe.  Even if they take the Ukraine, at this point they are exposed as a sham.  The Russian military is staffed with keystone cops.  Putin is evil, but he's no genius and is completely detached from the reality of what his military's incapabilities are.  Russia can't afford one of these "victories", let alone multiple across eastern Europe.

The “funny” thing for me is seeing Germans and Italians declare their military budgets are going to go way up. After watching this, a part of me would think, “Never mind. We good,” after watching this shit show. 

Of course, I know German level of operational competency is at an extremely low level due to a long time with ridiculously low resources to work with. I’m just saying, this is not the Russian war machine I thought we were all potentially facing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

The “funny” thing for me is seeing Germans and Italians declare their military budgets are going to go way up. After watching this, a part of me would think, “Never mind. We good,” after watching this shit show. 

A big, sloppy, brawling drunk can still impart quite a bit of damage if they land a few punches.  Better to be safe than sorry I guess?

15 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

This is how scared Putin, and his cronies are. Chickenshit

Legitimate Putin Discourse.  

Idolatry of human beings never, ever ends well.  There are no people on the right side of history who sided with narcissists.  They all fall.  And they all fall badly. 

Bless Elena Ospiova, we all walk in her shadow.  

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And then stories about the hot lesbian sex?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

A big, sloppy, brawling drunk can still impart quite a bit of damage if they land a few punches.  Better to be safe than sorry I guess?

Well, more importantly, they didn’t think the big, sloppy, brawling drunk would even try to swing. Now that they know he will, they need to appear more like an Astartes than a 98lb weakling drinking sarsaparilla soda so he doesn’t even attempt a swing in the first place. 

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

Well, more importantly, they didn’t think the big, sloppy, brawling drunk would even try to swing. Now that they know he will, they need to appear more like an Astartes than a 98lb weakling drinking sarsaparilla soda so he doesn’t even attempt a swing in the first place. 

every day is chest and arms day, bro!