Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

I wonder if all of them ever look around at each and say "boy, we sure are an insane pack of worthless cunts, aren't we?"

Never heard of it so went to wiki - seems like a great spring break spot:

Eritrea is a unitary one-party presidential republic in which national legislative and presidential elections have never been held. According to Human Rights Watch, the Eritrean government's human rights record is among the worst in the world. The Eritrean government has dismissed these allegations as politically motivated. Freedom of the press in Eritrea is extremely limited, the Press Freedom Index consistently ranks it as one of the least free countries. As of 2021 Reporters Without Borders considers the country to have the overall worst press freedom in the world, even lower than North Korea, as all media publications and access are heavily controlled by the government.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=orgsoc&utm_campaign=none

The sale of the Club will not be fast-tracked but will follow due process. I will not be asking for any loans to be repaid. This has never been about business nor money for me, but about pure passion for the game and Club. Moreover, I have instructed my team to set up a charitable foundation where all net proceeds from the sale will be donated. The foundation will be for the benefit of all victims of the war in Ukraine. This includes providing critical funds towards the urgent and immediate needs of victims, as well as supporting the long-term work of recovery.

Does he consider the Russians victim of the war in Ukraine and he's distributing to families of russian soldiers?

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Had Russia or the USSR ever expelled the ambassador?

Feel like we’re entering uncharted waters with the Soviets here.  And the Soviets is intentional.

Damn that’s hostile. Russia hasn’t, that’s for sure. They’ve advised one to go back for consultations for a while.

Sullivan is a good guy.  Biden asked him to stay on even though he was a Trump appointee first as Deputy Secretary (number 2) and later as Ambassador to Russia.  Completely mission, team, country first. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Had Russia or the USSR ever expelled the ambassador?

Feel like we’re entering uncharted waters with the Soviets here.  And the Soviets is intentional.

Fuck Putin! I’d give him 24 hours if what I hear from my friend is true. Hope!

Do svidaniya (До свидания!)

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Never heard of it so went to wiki - seems like a great spring break spot:

Eritrea is a unitary one-party presidential republic in which national legislative and presidential elections have never been held. According to Human Rights Watch, the Eritrean government's human rights record is among the worst in the world. The Eritrean government has dismissed these allegations as politically motivated. Freedom of the press in Eritrea is extremely limited, the Press Freedom Index consistently ranks it as one of the least free countries. As of 2021 Reporters Without Borders considers the country to have the overall worst press freedom in the world, even lower than North Korea, as all media publications and access are heavily controlled by the government.

I'll follow this up with a one click link to a map so everyone can know where it is.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eritrea/@15.1429617,35.3352266,6z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x166d5a3f9dba8565:0x17c208f02f120efa!8m2!3d15.179384!4d39.782334

32 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Outside of Trumpskins, is there anyone else touting the approach the Russians are doing from a Non-Russian source?

His timing from having the West potentially in an energy crunch was actually pretty good, maybe could have done this prior to Olympics due to the country being largely mud now. Maybe even his invasion strategy and initial approach on paper was potentially clever.  I won't take time to look but several non political commentators were gravely concerned about the start of this war given we vaguely knew Russian military strength. Maybe our intelligence knew a lot more and kept it close to the vest.

But almost everything about the actual execution, crappy Russian military officers and enlisted, insufficient supply chains, outdated equipment and not anticipating the World's response has been a Fyre festival event. But mostly Putin is unexpectedly outmatched by Zelensky, the Ukrainian military, Western aid and the overall will of the Ukrainian people.  Without these components, he would have won quickly. He may still "win" in Ukraine from throwing sheer resources at the war (including Russian bodies) and his sociopathic approach.  We can only hope that someone from the inside takes him out before we end up in a regional or world war.  So to answer your question, I don't see anyone, at the beginning of March and one week into this tragedy, touting Putin's approach.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

seems like a great spring break spot:

Yep.

“Shit bro, the hotels are cheap and they totally have that post apocalyptic thing going on we could use for that ethereal crypto economy explainer TikTok clip idea we were talking about at Dugan and Mike’s new free trade organic coffee drying hut. 

Plus, it totalitarianism so we only have to bribe one guy!”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Albania, Moldova, Myanmar and serbia all voted yes... holy shit.

I worked in Moldova for a few years. Except for the breakaway region many people there are a lot like Ukraine in wanting to do their thing. And as I mentioned in another thread, the best looking women on the planet due to a combination of multiple nationalities combining into one region. 

31 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Do you think we're up front with our true ABM capabilities?  Wouldn't surprise me if we're holding actual capabilities close to the vest and underselling here.

Others have already addressed the testing results.  I’ll add in my personal experience.  I worked in BMD for several years - a couple on a BMD capable DDG and for two years as the point man for BMD on the CNO’s staff.  I’ve been in the main control center for MDA during several live intercept tests and watched many others remotely.  

No one - and I mean no one - ever had a good feeling about the chances for intercept even when we knew the exact position and timing of a launch.   And this was for short range BMs.  Forget about medium range BMs and ICBMs.  

Granted, my insider experience is pretty stale.  I left the Pentagon in 2011.  I didn’t leave with a good feeling for the future of BMD, and I have seen nothing since that would shift my opinion towards optimism.  

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I wasn't the first here to say it but listening to smart people talk about war, this was always how the Russians would lose if they did lose.  looking like a OT game here folks.  Tulsa still has a chance to upset the Sooners!

36 minutes ago, immamac said:

Well these tests are public and they are complete failures. So, yeah there isn’t really a way to hide the fact that your ABM sucks, because everyone in the world is watching your tests. It’s not like you can launch an ICBM all stealth like and keep the projectile within your borders undetected by any other countries satellites specifically designed to track ICBM.

OK, sounds like you know more about this than I do.  I thought that sat/radar tracking was really good/accurate for launch (detecting plumes), through boost and mid-course, but I didn't realize that our adversaries sat/radar was accurate at tracking our ABM at the terminal phase where we're making intercepts.  Especially when we're testing out in the middle of the Pacific.  I realize the tests are "public" but also that the military strategically lies here and there also.  Maybe I missed something?

1 minute ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

when I was talking about Zelensky leaving Ukraine so as to not get assassinated it wasn't because it's a pussy move it's because that might be the best chance to pull this structure off in the long run.  no doubt Russia won't successfully occupy even if they do win the war.