Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Like if you can’t do a proper pocket square why do them at all? Seems fair and balanced. Network ceased to be cool around 1998. Only came into existence bc Princess Diana. I only liked the one show Red Eye that they had that came on late at night I think on weekends. Now it’s all pretty much bots saying same shit. 

See, this comes across like a bit, but I don’t think it is. 

Probably a pretty fair assessment of where a good part of the country is when it comes to awareness. 

And of course, we are fucked. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

See, this comes across like a bit, but I don’t think it is. 

Probably a pretty fair assessment of where a good part of the country is when it comes to awareness. 

And of course, we are fucked. 

It’s not really an assessment on my part. I did like Red Eye or whatever it was called. I thought it was fun. It was mostly about popular culture. But if you look at CNN (lots of warts there) and MSNBC as well. the BBC is my go to for 24 hour news. Growing up CNN was the source. Like the AP. And then there is now yet another network for people more conservative than Fox! It’s just…I did dig the early stuff with Fox News. Not going to lie here. I was in school and thought it was cool. Now it’s unwatchable to me. I just go back and forth with my remote because have cable and I am hideously out of  touch and because I do am watching takes on the Ukraine Invasion/War. I switch channels whenever any one goes to commercials. Apparently the only mainstream commercial Fox can get is the Iowa tourism commercial. Come to Iowa. Between that and the SC nominee who shouldn’t be subjected to this shit.

Edited by Nicole44

6 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

My main deal with Fox shows is like can y’all not do pocket squares properly? They are sexy if done right. I just…CNN is pretty bad also. 

6 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

That's your main deal with them?  Awesome.

It isn't out of the question to take notice of a lesser issue while taking in the big picture. While my stance would be that the Fox 'news' lineup is garbage propaganda and only  take notes on talking points for general RW awareness, a general disdain for sartorial sloppiness is not out of line. Certainly not a network with as large a budget for the prime time slot. I might even argue that it is not unlike some of the posts containing photos of nubile celebrities with questionable politics wherein the subsequent comments are similar regarding bosoms.

Henry Poole & Co could certainly provide bespoke fashion for Tucker Carlson, but such a damn waste of time and tailoring.

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Tucker Carlson wore a bow tie for most of his adult life until recently. Why would anyone assume he's going to know how to do a pocket square correctly?

The bow tie has its time and occasion but your statement is true. I s'pose in the past there were others known for it but it doesn't work for every man and as a look on Tucker, it makes him look like the codfish that he is.

Spoiler

black tom hiddleston handsome loki actor Suit war horse ...

Mr. Hiddleston's shirt needs a press.

James Bond Film Review: James Bond 007 in a black tuxedo

Mmmmmhmmmm. I like where the one below is heading....

Matthew-crawley | Tumblr

or, in the case of Sir Winston, it was as much a part of him as that hat:

Winston Churchill Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family ...

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Like if you can’t do a proper pocket square why do them at all? Seems fair and balanced. Network ceased to be cool around 1998. Only came into existence bc Princess Diana. I only liked the one show Red Eye that they had that came on late at night I think on weekends. Now it’s all pretty much bots saying same shit. 

It came into existence because of the first Gulf War, not that woman's demise.  There's an incredibly fascinating, and horribly underrate HBO movie about it with Michael Keaton called, "Live from Baghdad."  One of the best movies HBO ever made, and that's saying something.  CNN's op-ed shows are just as bad as anyone else's but their "on-the-ground" actual news coverage is bar none, the best in the United States.  BBC is the best in the world, but to get 35% of our country to watch that?  May as well get them to face Mecca and pray.  

It's easier nowadays to get a secure card in your phone and connect with your unit, but ever since I went to law school with some JAG officers who had to leave school abruptly to go to Bosnia in the late 90's up to now when Army Futures Command-General John Murray told me the same thing; when military officers learn of something going on anywhere in the world, before they can get to secure comms, they all turn on CNN to keep abreast of the situation until they can get to a place or phone/internet line that has our own proprietary intel.  They don't turn on FOX, they don't wait for the morning paper, they don't go to fucking facebook or Trump's twitter account.  As they pack, or return from vacation, or as they make their way to the base or wait for login information on their phone...they watch CNN.  

All evening cable news rots your brain.  But for on-the-ground factual reporting, BBC, CNN, and if you wait a tad longer...Reuters and AP.  Only reason my wife and I turn on FoxNews anymore is so we know how to pretend at family get-togethers.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It came into existence because of the first Gulf War, not that woman's demise.  There's an incredibly fascinating, and horribly underrate HBO movie about it with Michael Keaton called, "Live from Baghdad."  One of the best movies HBO ever made, and that's saying something.  CNN's op-ed shows are just as bad as anyone else's but their "on-the-ground" actual news coverage is bar none, the best in the United States.  BBC is the best in the world, but to get 35% of our country to watch that?  May as well get them to face Mecca and pray.  

It's easier nowadays to get a secure card in your phone and connect with your unit, but ever since I went to law school with some JAG officers who had to leave school abruptly to go to Bosnia in the late 90's up to now when Army Futures Command-General John Murray told me the same thing; when military officers learn of something going on anywhere in the world, before they can get to secure comms, they all turn on CNN to keep abreast of the situation until they can get to a place or phone/internet line that has our own proprietary intel.  They don't turn on FOX, they don't wait for the morning paper, they don't go to fucking facebook or Trump's twitter account.  As they pack, or return from vacation, or as they make their way to the base or wait for login information on their phone...they watch CNN.  

All evening cable news rots your brain.  But for on-the-ground factual reporting, BBC, CNN, and if you wait a tad longer...Reuters and AP.  Only reason my wife and I turn on FoxNews anymore is so we know how to pretend at family get-togethers.  

I bet Michael Keaton knows how to make a pocket square though. Also he is the best Batman period. Or best Bruce Wayne definitely. I never even heard of Fox until 1997. Not a clue about it. It seemed cool at the time but so did acid wash jeans. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The bow tie has its time and occasion but your statement is true. I s'pose in the past there were others known for it but it doesn't work for every man and as a look on Tucker, it makes him look like the codfish that he is.

Hide contents

black tom hiddleston handsome loki actor Suit war horse ...

Mr. Hiddleston's shirt needs a press.

James Bond Film Review: James Bond 007 in a black tuxedo

Mmmmmhmmmm. I like where the one below is heading....

Matthew-crawley | Tumblr

or, in the case of Sir Winston, it was as much a part of him as that hat:

Winston Churchill Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family ...

With the exception of Winston, those men are all in formal wear, when it's perfectly appropriate.  Otherwise it takes a special person or look to pull it off.  Churchill had it, Tucker in his business casual khakis and blazer and frat boy haircut.....did not.  Codfish, indeed.

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Apparently the only mainstream commercial Fox can get is the Iowa tourism commercial. Come to Iowa.

lo-fukcing-l

Goddam, Iowa tourism advertises on Fox. That is fucking perfect.

"Hey old white people. Visit lovely Iowa. Free rascal charging if you are wearing your magat hat."

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

lo-fukcing-l

Goddam, Iowa tourism advertises on Fox. That is fucking perfect.

"Hey old white people. Visit lovely Iowa. Free rascal charging if you are wearing your magat hat."

Come to Iowa. Sleep on My Pillow. All I know about Iowa is that it might be a cool place to see ghosts play baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Tom said:

With the exception of Winston, those men are all in formal wear, when it's perfectly appropriate.  Otherwise it takes a special person or look to pull it off.  Churchill had it, Tucker in his business casual khakis and blazer and frat boy haircut.....did not.  Codfish, indeed.

I agree which was why I used those photos--in today's world the bow tie is at its best in the most formal of occasions unless one is Bill Nye the science guy or some such.

Bow tie aside, I do love morning formal wear with the ascot. However, just as with the bow tie, an ascot is not easily worn (well) by just any man therefore going with the modern trend of a necktie will get no complaint from me.

35 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Come to Iowa. Sleep on My Pillow. All I know about Iowa is that it might be a cool place to see ghosts play baseball. 

There is a reason someone conjured the phrase Idiots Out Walking Around.

Edit to add: I trust that the commentary about haberdashery doesn't upset too many people as being off-topic. Carlson is so vacuous a personality, so unworthy of anything other than a slight sniff and an eye-roll for his statements that are so often devoid of truth, reasoning, and sincerity that at least the discussion of suits, accessories, and style has substance.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

His snarky baby talk like voice is grating. Two wtf and why is he popular with people? You cannot get past the condescending tone/baby talk thing to even listen to what he says. Assuming you can…he reminds me of that kid in the playground that pulls the wings off flies or something and everyone is like solidified in the knowledge that even though we were all going thru shit at that age and make shit decisions we don’t want to be around that guy. 

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think she was talking about Fox News, you're talking about CNN.

I've said it numerous times on these boards -- if anything, CNN is incompetent but Fox is pure propaganda-ist evil. And, yes, the evening op-ed shows are trash on both sides but the Fox offerings are much, much more dangerous. Don Lemon is a fucking buffoon. Tucker Carlson is Satan's spawn.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm like Jason Bourne because my name starts with a J but I'm not a skilled fighter and I get a little jumpy and have a hard time concentrating when danger is near. I'm like Hunter Biden because I passed out once with cocaine paraphernalia in plain sight but I have an average dong.

• Haha 2

I'm like Jason Bourne because my name starts with a J but I'm not a skilled fighter and I get a little jumpy and have a hard time concentrating when danger is near. I'm like Hunter Biden because I passed out once with cocaine paraphernalia in plain sight but I have an average dong.

But do you have a nefarious laptop?

I like how Hunter is a dope fiend who can’t keep track of a laptop but also a  criminal mastermind influencing the Chinese government and running covert international bio and chemical weapons research and manufacturing facilities 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

I like how Hunter is a dope fiend who can’t keep track of a laptop but also a  criminal mastermind influencing the Chinese government and running covert international bio and chemical weapons research and manufacturing facilities 

Well yeah, he keeps the trains running on time too.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, Lobo said:

Just a hunch, but I don't think Tucker would do well in federal prison.  I just get a "vibe"

I don't know.  If he went back to the bow tie he could blend right in with the Nation of Islam crew.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tucker's "FORAY"?  His, foray?  just wanna make sure I'm getting that correct.  This is his foray.  Okay, just checking.  Proceed with dynamite use of language.  

On 3/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Sawbonz said:

That's what I used to tell my folks about the Clintons--They must be the smartest people in history to be able to evade 30 years worth of Congressional and private investigations.  But they weren't hearing that either since the Clintons were clowns.  It's the idiot savant syndrome.    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Tucker talking about “native born whites” reminds me of this guy.

BE34D6F8-B802-4031-802D-A5263FB9F430.jpeg

This ruffian could settle his own fights, whereas Tucker leads from behind.  Really, his defense mechanism is most likely a shrill cry.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Ruffians?  I'll see your Ruffians and raise you two Rapscallions, three Brutes, four Hooligans, five Hoodlums, and a score of Irish Longshoremen.  

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Ruffians?  I'll see your Ruffians and raise you two Rapscallions, three Brutes, four Hooligans, five Hoodlums, and a score of Irish Longshoremen.  

Sorry.....the best we could come up with on short notice is this Foppish Dandy:

23-10.jpg?1592230045

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Tucker talking about “native born whites” reminds me of this guy.

BE34D6F8-B802-4031-802D-A5263FB9F430.jpeg

Dont do that. Bill the Butcher was a likeable, dynamic, well spoken character, even if he was quite misguided. One of my favorites. Tucker Carlson is literally none of that. 

• Like 1