Tucker Carlson Tonight

atomheartbevo

Just now, 'stache said:

Doesn't his following watch every night? How do they accept the complete disconnect from what he said literally just a few days ago? He literally said "why shouldn't I root for Russia, because I am." 

morons have short memories and are easily distracted.

Simpsons Learn GIF - Simpsons Learn Learn Something New - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SKJ said:

If I knew anyone that watched this shit I would definitely end up not knowing anyone who watched that shit. 

The biggest problem is that his viewers probably believe that he wasn't supporting Russia even though he directly said he was. 

I don't know how one would combat that shit.  You show them clips of him directly saying something,  then saying the opposite,  but they only believe the last information they were given...

I only pray that tucker ends up having them drink cool-aid, and they all go Jim Jones into history

33 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You can't combat it.  Their brains are broken.  Just pray for a quick death.

This.

Tucker's play is the exact same as TFG does.  Take position X.  Then take position 180 degrees from X.  Then, when challenged on taking EITHER position, claim "nuh-uh, I took the OTHER position -- see, here's video of me saying so!"  And the base gobbles it up, because they are a special kind of stupid.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Tucker's play is the exact same as TFG does.  Take position X.  Then take position 180 degrees from X.  Then, when challenged on taking EITHER position, claim "nuh-uh, I took the OTHER position -- see, here's video of me saying so!"  And the base gobbles it up, because they are a special kind of stupid.

Halloween GIF by Peloton

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Skip Bayless does this too.

45 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

dog-whistling like a bitch.

Lemme know when he requests for Trump to share his college grades, SAT score or his tax returns, cause ya know, the American people deserve to know before electing him President or something.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

dog-whistling like a bitch.

He tried to do the same thing with Joy Reid until she bitch slapped him all over the TV. Challenged him to a comparison of grades and test scores anytime, anywhere.

33 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Last time I saw a "Satire from the Borowitz Report" it was just the "Borowitz Report". I guess it got too hard to tell satire from truth.

I believe you are correct.  I'm pretty sure it used to just have an "Andy Borowitz" attribution.

10 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

If we could harness Tucker's gaslighting into an energy form he could replace Gazprom in Europe.

Did you mean to type Gazpacho?  

I'm just laughing at the idea that an LSAT score will tell you whether someone has a "top legal mind." Asking for law school transcripts would also be insufficient to answer the question, but would make a hell of a lot more sense. And this is coming from someone whose LSAT was a lot more impressive than their law school GPA. 

I guess Cucker thinks that the LSAT tests people on their legal knowledge.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/1/2022 at 11:05 AM, wildcat09 said:

Hold on, I've got something for this...Cucker Carlson

"War is horrifying, of course, but it's also a grave and profound thing. You ought to stand back in awe for a moment before you start drawing convenient conclusions from the suffering you see. Death is a mystery - acknowledge that."

What in the actual fuck? 

This.  MY LSAT was great (well, one of 'em was...the median score wasn't that impressive but I lucked out  1 of the 3 times and did well).  But my GPA in school was shit (Bottom half).  

On 3/1/2022 at 4:21 PM, 'stache said:

Doesn't his following watch every night? How do they accept the complete disconnect from what he said literally just a few days ago? He literally said "why shouldn't I root for Russia, because I am." 

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia

19 hours ago, Caponata said:

Interesting case, this guy is a Texan & self avowed Communist "fighting Nazis" who has been in the region for 8 years. VICE did a short doc on him:

According to a Rolling Stone article I read this AM, this dude graduated from Highland Park in the late 70's.

38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s a good metaphor that in Gaslight the lights got dimmer.

Hide contents

It was a sign of the work of a murderous thief.

Thanks for that.  I was not aware of the origins of the term, did not know about the movie, but this made me look it up.  My understanding of the definition and my usage is correct here.

Tucker lies so much that people that listen to him think that he is the source of truth and they cannot trust other sources or even their own eyes to be true.

And while looking up the hidden quote I found this from Tolstoy that seems appropriate:

“It is usually imagined that a thief, a murderer, a spy, a prostitute, acknowledging his profession as evil, is ashamed of it. But the contrary is true. People whom fate and their sin-mistakes have placed in a certain position, however false that position may be, form a view of life in general which makes their position seem good and admissible. In order to keep up their view of life, these people instinctively keep to the circle of those people who share their views of life and their own place in it. This surprises us, where the persons concerned are thieves, bragging about their dexterity, prostitutes vaunting their depravity, or murderers boasting of their cruelty. This surprises us only because the circle, the atmosphere in which these people live, is limited, and we are outside it. But can we not observe the same phenomenon which the rich boast of their wealth, i.e., robbery; the commanders in the army pride themselves on their victories, i.e., murder; and those in high places vaunt their power, i.e., violence? We do not see the perversion in the views of life held by these people, only because the circle formed by them is more extensive, and we ourselves are moving inside of it.”

A purveyor of disinformation or lies for gain does no think of himself as spreading lies but fighting for their values.  I think we talked about Tucker on other pages where we don't think he really believes what he spews but does it for economic reasons so that makes him worse than the thieves, murderers and spies.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

The giant spiders thing is real. They are called Joro spiders. From east Asia.  Their population has exploded in Georgia and they are expected to cover the southeast in the next few years.

The results of Kirby Smart's deal with the devil. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

What’s a quesiton?

It’s an interrogative statement used to test knowledge.  But that’s not important right now.  

Opinion: Vladimir Putin’s Bombing of Maternity Wards, Which I do not Support, Should Not Distract us from Calling Victoria Nuland a Shitlib
- Glen Greenwald 

Tonight on Tucker: What do the Biolabs in Ukraine Mean to You? We asked an Unvaccinated MMA Fighter 

7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

The giant spiders thing is real. They are called Joro spiders. From east Asia.  Their population has exploded in Georgia and they are expected to cover the southeast in the next few years.

Yes, but it's not the adults that will be "dropping from the sky", just the babies, like many spider species do.